I am Groot!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Have to say, that looks fantastic. Can't wait to see one in person. Cool toys!

Edit: The only thing I don’t like are the big Groot hands on the playfield. Hope Groot doesn’t spit balls SDTM. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It all comes down to How It Sleeps I guess. But from the screenshots and pictures I don't really feel excited about this table.

You could argue there's only so much you can do with a physical pinball table, but having a look at the offerings from Jersey Jack pinball and other boutique pinball manufacturers makes me wonder what's Stern is doing from a vision perspective.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I mean, it certainly wouldn't stop me from playing one in the arcade. But as for investing and owning one outright based on that design: not sure I would.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I hear it will not contain the music from the movie soundtrack. All original music. That is a bummer. The music is such a big part of those movies. :(

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
In the promo video the part where Groot vomits up all the balls to start multiball is just hilarious. Looks like a fun machine, the Groot hands over the playfield look interesting and unique.

Echoing what Jared says above, I think I agree, there is some "saminess" in all tables, that some of the boutique manufacturers are moving away from. All of them seem to have to have the "common components" (pop bumpers, a spinner, two ramps and loop), but newer tables like TNA are breaking the mold a little, and JJP is blowing things up with the vast number of modes and goals to add long term value for home collectors.

I got into pinball just a few years ago, but looking at Stern's recent tables, AC/DC, Metallica, Kiss, Game of Thrones, Spider Man, Star Wars and Star Trek are all pretty basic layouts, and have a lot of similarities to one another - the rules are what make them different. This new table looks like it may be from the same mold. I think that's why the pros seem to love Walking Dead, it has some unique ball paths like the plunger shot and some of the deepest and most strategy-rewarding rules, it's kind of an outlier.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts