I can't believe what just happened...

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
So, after a long day at work, I was getting ready to kick back with a marathon session of TPA on my iPhone. It was one of those rare times of privacy away from the wife and kids. But before that I opened my mail and, suddenly, I got the deepest paper cut in my life on the tip of my right thumb from a manila envelope.

I managed to find a band-aid but, I soon discovered, my covered thumb won't register on the iphone touchscreen. Of course I promptly ripped off the band-aid and applied pressure for a minute. Just when I thought I achieved hemostasis I would fire up TPA. About a minute into the game my fingers started slipping on blood so I'd stop and apply pressure again then play again.

This cycle went on for a good 15 (?) minutes (yes. I'm that addicted). After that all I had to deal with was pain with each right flipper press for the rest of the evening.

A normal person would have just watched television.

Thanks a lot Farsight.

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Ouch. Ever try using your right index finger instead of thumb? That's how I play exclusively.

Also, Neosporin is your friend. Heal it right up.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So, after a long day at work, I was getting ready to kick back with a marathon session of TPA on my iPhone. It was one of those rare times of privacy away from the wife and kids. But before that I opened my mail and, suddenly, I got the deepest paper cut in my life on the tip of my right thumb from a manila envelope.

I managed to find a band-aid but, I soon discovered, my covered thumb won't register on the iphone touchscreen. Of course I promptly ripped off the band-aid and applied pressure for a minute. Just when I thought I achieved hemostasis I would fire up TPA. About a minute into the game my fingers started slipping on blood so I'd stop and apply pressure again then play again.

This cycle went on for a good 15 (?) minutes (yes. I'm that addicted). After that all I had to deal with was pain with each right flipper press for the rest of the evening.

A normal person would have just watched television.

Thanks a lot Farsight.

Wrap some cling film over your band aid, and be sure to have the cling film touch your flesh above the band aid.

Cling film is semi capacitive.

Zip lock bags also work well with smart phones as a makeshift water resistant cover. Same deal: capacitive.

Last edited:

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
Wrap some cling film over your band aid, and be sure to have the cling film touch your flesh above the band aid.

Zip lock bags also work well with smart phones as a makeshift water resistant cover. Same deal: capacitive.

LOL. That's good to know. I'll keep that in mind for next time.
Thanks!

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013

This is a fantastic idea, won't scratch your screen and should work

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.