i just bought my first promode. i have a few questions.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
ive been bored for a while now, so I bought a pro mode to build up some data. I thought it may be a lil fun. so I bought a mm pro pack.

ive been messing with the options a lil bit, seems fun. but I was wondering if I could somehow disable the freeplay mode and make it accept (quarters)/credits? I have tried a few configurations but I have ran into some problems.

thanks.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
ive been bored for a while now, so I bought a pro mode to build up some data. I thought it may be a lil fun. so I bought a mm pro pack.

ive been messing with the options a lil bit, seems fun. but I was wondering if I could somehow disable the freeplay mode and make it accept (quarters)/credits? I have tried a few configurations but I have ran into some problems.

thanks.
If you could do that, what would you do to insert credits? One thing these virtual tables don't have are real coin slots and the physical switches that are triggered when a coin of the correct size/weight passes through the slots. Nor is there any means of simulating this input since it's a separate physical mechanism entirely separate from the ROM. So maybe you could turn off free play but you couldn't play any games.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Farsight would have to implement an insert credit button similar to the ghostbusters reskin of HH.

Something i prefer we stay far far away from...

although it would make "earning/winning" a game credit from high scores, specials, or matching more meaningful!

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Farsight would have to implement an insert credit button similar to the ghostbusters reskin of HH.

Something i prefer we stay far far away from...

although it would make "earning/winning" a game credit from high scores, specials, or matching more meaningful!

I was trying to see how many credits I could rack up (from replays and high scores) by just purchasing 1 credit. I was also curious how many credits it would take me to defeat the wizard mode.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I was also hoping that I would be able to nudge the table with the ball control on. I wanted a way to consistently practice deathsaves and bangbacks. but for some reason the nudging is disabled when you turn on ball control.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015

thanks.
So are we trying to give Farsight ideas about turning the game into credit based?!

GET

May 1, 2016
There is a way to use credits in pro mode. Set free play to off, then use the escape button until you are at the attract mode. Then hit either the exit or escape button to add credits (the exit button adds 7)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
So are we trying to give Farsight ideas about turning the game into credit based?!

The reason it's free play is licensing agreements Farsight has - they specifically demanded free play only. The owners don't want people to use TPA to become a virtual pinball machine, hence the lack of a "cabinet" mode as well. (You can get access to it, but you got to take out a license and NDA, and it's still free play only).

Feel free to enable it and use the service credits, but that's it.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
thanks [MENTION=6106]GET[/MENTION], that 7 credit thing did work, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. i was able to get "king of the realm" on my 2nd attempt. and its nice to come back to the game and still see my initials on the game with a current time.

Members online

Members online