I lost my virginity yesterday and it felt ...... amazzziiinngggg !!!

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
I got really tired of satisfying my needs by watching videos and using software that simulates the happiness in virtual world and therefore I have told my self yesterday (age 31) that enough is enough. I made a quick research in the morning for some places where it could finally happen, and I have found one in the city not too far from me. I have quickly put on coat and went to the nearest station to catch the train. Filled with an excitement there went a lot through my head while on a train. I was bit worried how is it going to be and if others are going to give me any looks. What if I embarrass my self ? I never did it before, maybe they will laugh at me. When I arrived to the location I could see the bright lights from the distance. It was calling me in and so I slowly stepped in. I immediately spotted my targets. One was standing at the bottom under the stairs and other two were standing up next to each other on the main floor. They have been in a perfect shape but nobody was giving them attention. I wanted to try all three of them so I was quickly deciding which one should I try first. At the end I have decided, stepped close by and started touching slowly not believing the moment had finally come and this is for real. I quickly realized there is not going to be any fun without the money. There was quite good offer so I could not missed it. I quickly went to change some money and this is where the best time of my life began. I knew that if I want to perform well I must not be nervous and very excited. So before going for it I took few slow deep breaths and made sure I am in absolute peace. I was still questioning my self, how long is this going to last. Maybe I am done in 2 minutes and will regret this moment. But at the same time I was comforting my self - I have plenty of experience from the computer. Just use all the tricks you have learned, it cant be very different. Well, yes but this is real life, they are going to behave very differently here. Stop! That's it, no more thinking, you know this is not going to help. So once again I made sure I am in perfect peace and started the action. Hey! What did you expect I am going to write now ? Of course I am talking about pinball :)

The first table was Metallica in perfect shape. Actually all of them looked like new. Everyone there have been ignoring these machines so I don't think they are being played a lot. I paid for 3 games in each table as that was the best deal and I wanted to make sure I get bit of a feel of them. So I started Metallica and it went really badly. I was not able to hit the ramps, it all felt like me playing pinball for the very first time, and balls hardly lasted a minute each. I think I hardly managed to score 5-10 million, and finishing the 3rd game I felt very disappointed. Knowing that this is what I expected to happen and that you can't practice pinball on TPA and then coming to the real tables and perform well.

Already having my first experience with the real pinball table and playing the 3 very quick games :) I approached the second table which was Spiderman. I knew what to expect and was ready to go home quite quickly so when I started the table I was absolutely relaxed. I started to play and immediately it felt very different. I felt in control and my ball would last quite long. I was able to hit any of the ramps I wanted almost on a very first attempt. It very quickly turned into lot of fun and I enjoyed every single shot. Specially when there was one successful shot after the other. I did not know the rules and so I just went with the flow. Oh look there ! I can lock the ball - that means .... multiball :)))) One shot, success. But how do I lock the second ball ? I pause the ball on my flipper and searching the table - oh there it is, I have to hit that target. I manage sucessfuly to start multi ball in that game and it was a blast.
After draining the third ball I am full of joy and without waiting start the second game immediately. I play the game of my life. It felt like I have been playing it for years and I know my shots, I was even more relaxed and with a great confidence started to use all the tricks I have learned from the TPA and other pinballs on my PC. Letting the ball bounce off the flipper, cradle the ball, post pass the ball from flipper to flipper, hitting the ball with the other ball to prevent the drain, telling my self which ramp I am going to hit and then hitting it. It was pure Joy. At one moment I was hitting the centre target imagining it is a saucer from AFM. I hardly believe I will be able to play AFM in real life, but this was the closest as it can be to having experience of hitting that saucer :)
Then there it was, Extra ball flashing. So once again, cradle the ball, take a breath and hooorraaay. My first extra ball that was not wasted :))
The whole 2nd game lasted quite long and when I finished there was a big surprise for me. I did not watch the DMD at all during the game as I was busy watching the playfield, but at the end of the game it asked me to write my name. What ? Really ? you are not serious ? Me ? But yes it was real. I have scored just over 1 billion and ended up on the 3rd place. The last game was good too but not good enough for high score.

With my very happy mood I went to the basement where there was the last table - LOTR :) It was quite dark there and so I had the chance to experience the pinball in its pure beauty - lights ! Again I did not know the rules, so went with the flow. The game lasted long enough for me to enjoy. No quick drains. I did not know what to do and so I enjoyed shooting the balls into the middle ring and the sound effects. It was really loud so the excitement was great. At one point the dragon moved and I was supposed to shoot him. I managed to hit him 3x which seemed to be the goal as after that he moved back. I will definitely be back for this one after I read the rules.

Before I left I went to have a last look on to the other two tables upstairs. I could not believe my eyes. There was one credit on Spiderman. I was thinking someone left it there while I was playing LOTR only to realize that it was me - extra credit I have earned for my high score. In that game I have managed to score around 800 million which made me reach another high score and earn yet another credit :))) I had to go as I was already long time in the arcade and was supposed to meet someone. After 2 high scores my mind was all over the place and the last game was my quickest game of that day :)
That absolutely did not bother me as I had an amazing time and I know I will be back for more very soon.

Last edited:

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
210xd8w.jpg

2wc1kb8.jpg

Of course I would not leave without taking a picture :)))

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Read like you had a great time, and well spent too.

I really like Metallica; simplest rule of all time - just hit Sparky :p

So what do you think about LOTR, it really should make it into TPA right? I found it really fun, maybe because I wasn't expecting it. Long play time though, not an inst drainer like the harder tables.

I think you would have had twice the fun with a friend; pinball friends seem few and far apart :(

Cheers!

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
Read like you had a great time, and well spent too.

I really like Metallica; simplest rule of all time - just hit Sparky :p

So what do you think about LOTR, it really should make it into TPA right? I found it really fun, maybe because I wasn't expecting it. Long play time though, not an inst drainer like the harder tables.

I think you would have had twice the fun with a friend; pinball friends seem few and far apart :(

Cheers!

Thanks Locksley. I will definitely give Metalica few more tries but I will also study the rules of all 3 tables before going there again. I am not sure whether it was the fact that it was my very first time playing pinball for real but there was not a single target on the table that I would feel comfortable hitting. I really sucked at that table not being able to make one single successful shot.

I am aware that LOTR is a very long and deep game. I enjoyed the shots in Spiderman and constant multiballs the most, but the fun is slowly starting to wear off as I don't think there is much to rules on that table. I have feeling that Metallica will be similiar to that. I will try all three next time but I can see my self concentrating purely on LOTR in the future.

I had my wife at one point watching me playing spiderman with 4 ball multiball and shouting, you have 4 balls in play :) as well as seeing me defeating the dragon on the LOTR. She did not even tell me there was an extra ball flashing on LOTR. Only after draining the last ball I realized I was supposed to collect it. Of course I told her off for not telling me.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Great read Pet3r! And that's surely not a bad collection of tables to lose your virginity to! :)

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
Thank you everyone. I have just watched Papa video where the guy have beaten the wizard mode and his final score was 820m. It seems that I had really very good games yesterday. I wonder where did I get all these points ? Are multiballs very lucrative in Spiderman ? I had quite lot of them and also played them well. Or I wonder whether I have reached wizard without noticing. At one point I thought the table had frozen as I was unable to do anything for good 10-20+ seconds. I wonder what it could have been ? Anyone knows that table well ?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Thank you everyone. I have just watched Papa video where the guy have beaten the wizard mode and his final score was 820m. It seems that I had really very good games yesterday. I wonder where did I get all these points ? Are multiballs very lucrative in Spiderman ? I had quite lot of them and also played them well. Or I wonder whether I have reached wizard without noticing. At one point I thought the table had frozen as I was unable to do anything for good 10-20+ seconds. I wonder what it could have been ? Anyone knows that table well ?

Sounds like it's better if you don't know about spiderman, it could mess with your playing ;) But this tutorial is awesome. My guess is you had started and maybe finished a mode or two, which lights 2x and 3x scoring, maybe on multiple shots. Maybe also had it during battle royal? Bonus can be big too!

Great story also!!!

Last edited:

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
Sounds like it's better if you don't know about spiderman, it could mess with your playing ;) But this tutorial is awesome. My guess is you had started and maybe finished a mode or two, which lights 2x and 3x scoring, maybe on multiple shots. Maybe also had it during battle royal? Bonus can be big too!

Great story also!!!

That is the video I have spoken about. I have just now finished reading rules on this amazing website, so I know what to do next time.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/spiderman/index5.html - Overview

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/spiderman/index6.html - Rules

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
I think this might actually become one of my favourite games. I love the idea of the wizard mode where after beating it you play it again immediately but everything scores double.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
it's like voter-ID registration, or planned parenthood visitations - they want to keep putting them farther out of reach of those who can't travel for them! ;0

well, some of these things should be constitutional rights for health and electoral rights for citizens... i guess i can't quite put "right-to-pinball" in the same category! but hey man... :) i'm glad ya got some!! ;)

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Good on ya! I just started playing pinball in the last couple years, with much more frequency and intensity this year (I'm 30 myself - completely missed the boat in the 90s playing playstation :-( ) Anyway, what city do you live in? I may have missed that somewhere.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
You are pretty lucky to have 3 of the better Stern pins near you, and in very good condition. Sounds like a fun time.

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
Good on ya! I just started playing pinball in the last couple years, with much more frequency and intensity this year (I'm 30 myself - completely missed the boat in the 90s playing playstation :-( ) Anyway, what city do you live in? I may have missed that somewhere.

I live in London UK. There are more places here with pinball machines and so I have decided to hunt them down and try most of them.

I am quite excited because tomorrow after my work on the way home I am going to one pub where they have some more pinballs. I am not sure what tables are there now but from the pictures it can be seen that they have or at least had in the past these tables - Ac/DC, Pirates of the Caribbean, Csi, High Speed and Fish tales. I really hope I will find all of them there. Wish me good luck.

I have read the AC/DC rules 5x now and I still dont understand how to complete the songs :(

I will write the update after the session to let you know what tables they had.

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
Location #2

Great. So I went to this pub as planned. The tables I expected and learned the rules for were - Ac/DC, Pirates of the Caribbean, Csi, High Speed 2 and Fish tales.

When I arrived at the location it was missing Fish Tales and CSI, but I did not mind this at all due to a surprise that was waiting for me there - continue reading.

I quickly realized that apart from AC/DC no table had 3 for 2 deals and so the games were pretty expensive at £1 each. The minimum wage here is £6.70 I always feel that compared to USA we are being ripped off here. You can talk about consoles, pinballs, technology we always pay the price and I don't understand why. Your minimum wage is $7.25 and I believe 1 pinball game costs 50 cents ? Plus you get the deal 5 for 4, is that right ? I am not trying to blame anyone as I know you have nothing to do with this.

Anyway, enough of winging.

The first table I approached was High Speed 2. I have put some money in, pressed the start and the ball was nowhere to be seen :) I quickly realized it was out of order and so have asked the staff to return me the money which they did. I hope they will fix it as I will definitely want to try it in the near future.

The second table next to it was Pirates of the Caribbean. None of the shots felt very safe, resulting in quite quick drains. The left ramp with the rotating disc is quite steep and few shots have been returned to me again resulting in drains. After 2 quick games and very quick £2 gone I was not and I am not willing to pump in any more money. It's the collect x goals which I am big fan of but there are better games than this.

Here comes the surprise. The third table was Simpsons Pinball Party. As I did not expect this table to be here I did not read the rules and so did not know what to do. I have put in £2 hoping there would be 3for2 deal but again there was not. The flow was quite good here with some very satisfying shots at the very back of the table (garage is one of them), but there was really nothing to shoot at on the left side of the table. 2 chimneys are the bumpers and so I guess it is a hazardous shot. I am aware this table has a very deep rule set and I can imagine it can be a big fun. I will definitely give it another try but for the price £1 a game I am not prepared to play it regularly.

The last table was AC/DC. The games can last quite long enough for you to enjoy. Ramps are joy to hit but they are not the easiest to hit. But at least missing them does not immediately result in drain. I understood I need to be changing song and so when it asked me to shoot Jukebox I did and changed a song, but I still did not understand how to complete a song or how to start a mutliball. I had a few but they came at random. This table had 3for2 deal and so I went for it. The both tables SPP and Ac/DC had quite low replay score. AC/DC had 24.5m and I managed to score 25m earning me one more free game. Because I really enjoyed this table I have paid for another three games. After 2 games the replay score dropped to 24.5m again but on a last game I missed it by just a million (ouch:). However, I managed to finish that game with some very nice satisfying multiball on a last ball.

I could not leave before having one more game of SPP. That £1 was very well spent as I managed to start a multiball in that game (which was a great fun) and at the same time earning an extra ball (I think Homer shouting Extra Ball and Jackpots - great atmosphere). I have ended up the game with 18.5m score which was just 1.5m short of the replay, but I did not mind it as it was a really satisfying game to finish the visit at this pub.

Last edited:

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
I am suggesting to everyone checking this thread tomorrow as I am going to visit location no 3 with some really really great tables (surprise). Fingers crossed that all of them will be there.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts