I was disappointed when Farsight said they may not do Sorcerer, until tonight maybe!

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I'm looking at a Sorcerer tonight and if it's anything like the pics, I'll be playing it at my house tomorrow!

This will be my third pin, but probably my last for a very long time as my financial situation is taking a hit starting this month.

I was disappointed when Farsight said when they started talking about TPA that they may not do Sorcerer or Jive Time because I really liked Sorcerer in the Williams Collection, and I wanted Jive Time simply to have all the tables they made in one place. Sorcerer's artwork is really good and I liked the sounds a lot. It was easy to start multiball in the WC version, but I doubt that ramp shot for me will be as easy in real life, let alone getting to 5X scoring in multiball. Can't wait until tonight!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The ramps and artwork on Sorcerer are top notch in my book. Good luck with you pin shopping. Tough to find one of those in nice shape. Let us know how it goes.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I will.

4 hour drive to visit my sister. Then an hour drive to look/buy Sorcerer. 4 hour drive home if I head home tonight.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Its been discussed a lot recently as an upcoming table so something must have changed. I'm glad because I really like it in PHoF and would like to see it in TPA.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
One of my favorites... congrats to all you Sorcerer owners. Hands down one of the most elegant pin cabinets IMO as well as awesome sounds & gameplay.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
My playfield isn't as good as that photo, I like that shot!

I'm pleased with the table so far. I just fixed a problem I was having with the GI lighting being on constantly. I had to replace the transistor at Q56 on the MPU and now the relay switches properly. Good experience with the solder gun!

Here are some photos:

20130527_110106.jpg

20130527_110127.jpg

20130527_115017.jpg

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Your cabinet looks really nice. Is that fade or just the way the sun is hitting it?

Those circular playfield inserts can be easily touched up around the edges.

Boards look good. The red resisters are still red and not black as some do turn.

I can see the wiring for the remote battery holder which is good.

As far as connectors go, I'd take a look at the one with the yellow wires (GI?) at the top left of the driver/logic board and the one at the bottom right of the power supply. The yellowing of the IDC connectors is there.

Good buy though. It's definitely cleaner than mine was when I bought it out of the back of a box truck. Nice playfield and a fun game. It's no F14 though. :)

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
No fade, that was the camera on that one. Your playfield looks very reflective in your photo, did you clear coat it?

I do love my F-14. Although since I hadn't played that one in a couple of weeks, I didn't score well yesterday.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
No fade, that was the camera on that one. Your playfield looks very reflective in your photo, did you clear coat it?

I do love my F-14. Although since I hadn't played that one in a couple of weeks, I didn't score well yesterday.

Nope. Two coats of Novus 2 and two or maybe three coats of Meguiar's Carnuba Wax (no cleaning agents in the wax).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.