Important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Torres

Nov 1, 2013
i hope here no persons who think about steam launch process as something like steam dude sitting and pushing big red "Release Game" button from 9 am to 5pm? =)

Having dealt with them in the past, I can say that's pretty much exactly what it's like.

source: i made call of duty

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
i hope here no persons who think about steam launch process as something like steam dude sitting and pushing big red "Release Game" button from 9 am to 5pm? =)

Actually, yeah, I'm pretty certain that the staff at Steam could throw a game up on Steam at any time of day they wanted so long as they were told to release it. If Farsight says 'Release ASAP' instead of 'On this specific date' I imagine they would... Assuming they COULD.

Retro Invaders

Aug 16, 2013
ab0caa81fc66.jpg

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
you are too pessimistic. - come on take some trust in FS and give them little support they really need it.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
I'm giving them support by buying Season 1 and 2 as soon as they come out.

I don't think I'm being pessimistic, just realistic.

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
I'm giving them support by buying Season 1 and 2 as soon as they come out.

I don't think I'm being pessimistic, just realistic.

Indeed, buying a developers game (all the table packs) from the beginning is already a big support.

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
I guess Mike would have said "Got it fixed - will release it at the next possible date: Monday" if it is as easy as we all hope.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Does buying both season packs save money than buying all tables separate?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
In the office now, Working with Steam on release date. I'll have a little more information in a little while.

For digital releases, it doesn't matter what day you release. We previously went with Friday since all our releases are on Fridays.

Last edited:

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
In the office now, Working with Steam on release date. I'll have a little more information in a little while.

For digital releases, it doesn't matter what day you release. We previously went with Friday since all our releases are on Fridays.

Thanks, fingers crossed for a quick release and that steam are cooperative!

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012

Thanks for punching in Mike. Hope you had a good weekend!:cool:

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Early start Mike thanks for the work on TPA it's like Christmas Eve when I was waiting to get my hands on the first Nintendo console :)

Roope

Sep 13, 2013

As a side note isn't the Friday release / update a sort of big no no on this industry? Since if you release on Friday and there is a big bug or any issue that is happening then on weekend when people are not working. (Your incident last Friday falls to this category also).
At least in couple of my previous companies had the policy that never release on Fridays. Plus I've heard the same thing on internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts