Important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Early start Mike thanks for the work on TPA it's like Christmas Eve when I was waiting to get my hands on the first Nintendo console :)

I actually woke up at 5:30am, checked my email (didn't have anything yet). Then got ready for work, etc. Had an email when I got in this morning so I'm waiting for a response.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
As a side note isn't the Friday release / update a sort of big no no on this industry? Since if you release on Friday and there is a big bug or any issue that is happening then on weekend when people are not working. (Your incident last Friday falls to this category also).
At least in couple of my previous companies had the policy that never release on Fridays. Plus I've heard the same thing on internet.

I can see that logic. But both GTA Online and BF4 released on Tuesdays this past month and by the weekend were still too full of bugs and problems to play.

Another thought is that most people get off work Friday and want to relax. What better way than a new game release. In all honesty, I hate Tuesday releases cause I have to work, then I spend all day just wanting to be at home playing the latest release.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
In the office now, Working with Steam on release date.

Are we at least correct in assuming that FarSight's preferred release date is 'As soon as possible' or does FarSight seek to peg a specific 'date' for everyone to count down for? Like, do you want them to 'just push the button' the moment they can or not?

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
I know only one thing which can faster TPA release - it is "No Food Until Release" rule for FS staff from mr. Obernolte.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I hope it gets released ASAP. I don't think people want to wait until Friday again.

Yeah, cause all this has been is the carrot on the stick. "This summer!" "July!" "August!" "Second week of September!" "End of October!" "November 1st!". Another 'Soon, we promise' date isn't really what the customer base is looking for... "RIGHT NOW! Click here and go buy it!" is what everyone who has been patiently waiting, money in hand, deserves.

Sameo

Nov 4, 2013
I've been lurking for a long time now since I don't really have anything to post but now that the Steam release is oh so close I can't contain it anymore... and tomorrow is my birthday! I hope the game appears today or this week, we're all (well most of us) patient.... but flipper fingers are a'tap tappin :D

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Release Mike!!!!!
life-of-brian-008.jpg

Ok then Welease Wimball
arts-graphics-2007_1182125a.jpg

Last edited:

BJ Wanlund

Dec 29, 2012
Given that there is exactly nothing I personally am interested in that's coming out this week, if TPA were to finally release on Steam today, that would help me out quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts