Impressive Farsight

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
For all whiners; Please create/read another thread.

This small company has so far created 46 great pinball digital recreations, and more to come - Impressive!

TPA is released on more platforms than almost any other game - Impressive!

Farsight has a more open communication with customers than almost any other company - Impressive!

We can now play in 3D and with great lightning - Impressive!

TPA didn't give up on Xbox 360 - Impressive!

I'm sure there are more things to be impressed of.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013

This small company has so far created 46 great pinball digital recreations, and more to come - Impressive!

Farsight has a more open communication with customers than almost any other company - Impressive!

That's the community I signed in onto the forum to see. A well-balanced community that while dealing with the small size of FarSight, has the time of their life playing pinball and rediscovering the hobby. While almost no one knows about the game in public, I think TPA should be refined to only select sources. If a famous "celebrity YouTuber" (ie. SmoshGames, Arcade Hunters, practically anyone from Normal Boots) reviews the game I think it will fare even better than now and encourage even more amazement among the members of the forum.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Pinball in digital form as well as the real thing will never appeal to the general public or 'casual' scene, even if advertising it on popular YT channels. That's what i think. But the small community it does have.. is great!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

We say this to everyone. Please use the search function before posting :p

Oh come on! It's not like they can spin pinball tables on their fingertips like the Harlem Globetrotters do with basketballs. The second I see that...then paint me impressed.

If I recall correctly Mario was on way more platforms. He was king of the platform. I mean every time he jumped he would end up on another platform. And how many times does he jump in each game? That's like 5 million platforms he was on.

How can you even say something like this with the likes of wonderful companies like EA, who are in constant and very honest communication with the client base they so obviously care about....pfffft, come on man.

Yeah. As of the lack of new trophies wasn't bad enough in 2D...now its like they can reach out of our tv screens to slap us loyal customers (especially those of us who proudly proclaim that we are so loyal we haven't made a purchase since season 1) in the face. It's like no new trophies in 3D. I look around my living room and the lack of trophies is all Farsight's fault and has nothing to do at all with the fact that I have no athletic talent or that my dog was too ugly to even be entered in a dog show or that my horse didn't qualify for a horse show because it was actually my dog.

Yeah. Now they can stop wasting their time and resources developing on all the systems that I have no vested interest in. Psshhhh can't believe they develop on more than 360 and android and PC. If they stopped developing for such a wide audience they could focus on huge glaring issues like tiny seams in the artwork and the narrower user base would then result in an instant surge in sales. I learned all about this in Joe-Bob's Street-Corner College of Business, Politics, and Religious Opinions.

You forgot about how they assembled all of the coolest and smartest people ever to use Facebook into a single unified community free of trolls and with one hundred percent realistic expectations.

Anyway. All joking aside it is nice to see some positive posts around here. Really I was just playing around up there. Unlike almost any game ever in history I've literally been able to measure my enjoyment of tpa in years and not just hours.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Unlike almost any game ever in history I've literally been able to measure my enjoyment of tpa in years and not just hours.

I know what you mean. In the past 2 years, I've played many games just to either have finished, got bored, or forgotten about them. But TPA, I'm still deeply into. I really want to get into X-com, I really do, but knowing that the immediate satisfaction of pinball is just a click away just keeps me from playing anything else.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I know what you mean. In the past 2 years, I've played many games just to either have finished, got bored, or forgotten about them. But TPA, I'm still deeply into. I really want to get into X-com, I really do, but knowing that the immediate satisfaction of pinball is just a click away just keeps me from playing anything else.

I actually really have to recommend you get into xcom. It's a seriously great game too.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Unlike almost any game ever in history I've literally been able to measure my enjoyment of tpa in years and not just hours.

Just wanted to say that I've done that with every main series Pokémon game, at least up until Y version, which hasn't been out for a year yet. I even maxed out the in-game clock on my Silver version at 999:59 hours, and I retired my Diamond version at about 2,300 hours.

Of course, there are a few questionable business decisions at Farsight Studios I've observed, but hey, what am I to judge until I start my own company?

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
Yeah, this is from the same company who said they would release TPA for PC in August, but we had to wait until November for TPA to be finally released for PC.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I think what impresses me the most about Farsights work is that they take the time to program table quirks.

In that respect they "get it".

The way they constantly improve the physics engine is also really impressive.

The only area they are lacking is quality control, but because we call them out on it does not mean we don't appreciate what they do. After all this entire forum is -about them-. Pretty sure if we hated Farsight and thought they were a bad developer we'd call the forum "Pinball Arcade Haters.com". Which I'm sure Failsight and The Pinbug Arcade are putting together as we speak.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Be nice if they fixed the bugs on tables that are from season 1 that people still mention to them that FS seem unwilling to fix - Unimpressive!!!

But yeah, im glad FS is about and making these recreations!!!!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

I LOVE the lightning! :D

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
As someone who used to live in pin-free zone (now changed thankfully) and had nothing but Zen previously (still love Zen, don't get me wrong), TPA has given me a good grounding in the basics of the fandom (aka different manufacturers, eras, features of a pin), but has also helped me improve my real pinball skills incredibly. For that reason I love Farsight and TPA, and will even buy a table on pro mode if everyone says it's a turkey.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts