Interface navigation

Larry Gleaner

Jun 27, 2016
I started up TPA today after not having played for a long time. I use a controller from my couch to play via Steam, and I found the menus to be practically unusable. I couldn't properly move the selection button around the screen, and I could not get to any of my tables or challenges. Any tips for usability for me? I really miss the old interface.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Use the left thumb stick and a pointer will appear. I agree though that navigation with the d-pad / shoulder buttons is almost impossible in places and very erratic. It feels like the new UI has gone backwards (at least as far as Steam is concerned) since it was launched.

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
Glad I'm not the only one. I use a joystick and it's very erratic. The cursor will jump around vs going simply up, down, diag etc. I thought it was my joystick at first, but using the arrow keys on a keyboard shows the same behavior.

Larry Gleaner

Jun 27, 2016
Pointer didn't appear when using the left stick. This isn't how it should work anyway.. focus should jump from screen object to screen object in the correct order with a d-pad or thumbstick. I am stuck now, and literally can not get to my tables unless I plug a mouse into my HTPC (which I am not going to do for just this one game).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.