iOS 8.3 warning (backing up tables & scores)

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
The newly released iOS 8.3 breaks connectivity & functionality between iOS devices and any software you may have that will allow you to access the iOS file system, especially in each app's "documents" folder. Programs like iFunBox, iTools and similar programs no longer work for the purpose that I used them for, such as directly backing up scores and tables to the PC.

I believe that these programs will need to be updated by the developers to support the new iOS 8.3. In the meantime, be aware that the scores and tables that you've backed up using any of these programs won't be able to be restored until the developers add this iOS 8.3 compatibility.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Damn! I've updated already and I've got many important big audio apps besides TPA...

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
This affects the Animoog app for me, personally. The timbres (purchased, user-created, downloaded, etc) are stored in a "caches" folder which gets wiped out on a device restore or if you run one of those "memory cleaning" apps on the iDevice. Because the timbres are in a "caches" folder, they are NOT backed up by an iTunes backup. It was easy to have a valid backup of your timbres that could easily be restored using iFunBox, etc...now you can no longer do this until the developers of these PC/Mac programs add in compatibility...that is, if they do. :mad:

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
That sounds scary! I'm not using any memory clearing app but I'm not backing up via iTunes either... for a couple of years. I think I need to gather some information. Audioshare seems ok though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.