iOS holiday tournament - firepower glitch

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I was having a great game on fire power (3-4 million) not sure because of rollover scoring, 5 minutes left and on ball 2 when my game glitched and got stuck on bonus payout - I drained the ball and it did not stop. It did not give me my last ball and I couldn't tilt, call attendant or quit. It put me in the 9mil range. Can FS please remove that score but not ban me or remove me from the gold tournament? I take these tournaments seriously and do not cheat - I got #15 in the last iOS gold tournament and #8 in the psn silver tourney. User name on iOS is da5id_

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sadly that bug has been out since the release of Firepower. You can do a forum search to find the original discussion on this. But you'd be wasting your time reading it. And it only happens on good games just to rub salt in the wounds.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Good mix of tables in this tournament. Aside from the glitch in firepower, which I have not experienced yet, Whirlwind is my least favorite. Still slightly buggy on iOS, stuttering and a mix of fast and floaty shots. Don't see the point of having MM and AFM in there at the same time, but eh. And while Junkyard can sometimes be a fun table, it just isn't set up for timed play IMO. Other than that, 2 weeks is way too long.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Looks like someone else glitched on firepower too (apologies if it was indeed a legit glitch-less score) and beat my score - so I don't feel as bad. Battle of the glitches!

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Gonna spit my dummy out now and say that's me done as far as the comp goes. Was a bit more excited about this comp as unlike other comps, prizes are up for grabs this time.

But having now experienced several glitches, especially on Firepower I've decided I'm just wasting my effin time. It's frustrating when you see people's high scores and you try and chase them only to realise that some of the scores simply aren't possible cause some of the scores may have been the result of a glitch. And this is in no way a dig at anybody's high score, glitch or no glitch. I'm aware that there are many pinballers out there with more skill than myself. But when you spend a lot of time trying your best, and finally achieve a decent score, only for the game to glitch and alter your score, for better or for worse, it completely ruins the whole point of a comp. it's great that some people are genuinely honest on here and highlight this problem, but there's always the scenario that many might not even be aware there score has been glitched, for better or for worse.

I had 15mins left to play on Firepower and had my best score ever, only for the game to suddenly end and post my score. And on other tables I've seen the ball stop in the middle of the table then suddenly rocket at light speed past the flippers. And on one occasion I could use the flippers to hit the ball up the table...but the ball was an inch away from the flippers.

These are great games, and I love them to bits, but these glitches just completely ruin it for me. Not worth all the hassle for a cap! :)

End of moan!

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Which ipad are you on? I don't have that much trouble that makes me want to throw the ipad, other then having a sucky ball once in awhile. The biggest issue I have, which is common on all tables is the mulitball - ball contact - which causes an automatic pass through the flippers.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Which ipad are you on? I don't have that much trouble that makes me want to throw the ipad, other then having a sucky ball once in awhile. The biggest issue I have, which is common on all tables is the mulitball - ball contact - which causes an automatic pass through the flippers.

I've got my eye on you, pinballchris (-.o) we've got a few scores that are so close it's scary. Though that WW of yours is gonna be tough to beat. As for all of the Dylan H's of the world, great job on your high scores, but my goal is just to beat pinballchris.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I've got my eye on you, pinballchris (-.o) we've got a few scores that are so close it's scary. Though that WW of yours is gonna be tough to beat. As for all of the Dylan H's of the world, great job on your high scores, but my goal is just to beat pinballchris.

Scrolling through, you are right!

Very close. Two tables I will not perform on are Junkyard and Terminator. Takes me too long to set up Junkyard and Terminator I just cannot get consistent on. I didn't think Victory would be beat as I play that almost flawlessly, but guess I was wrong. Whirlwind is a tricky and frustrating table to play, just need to get lucky on that one match.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Scrolling through, you are right!

Very close. Two tables I will not perform on are Junkyard and Terminator. Takes me too long to set up Junkyard and Terminator I just cannot get consistent on. I didn't think Victory would be beat as I play that almost flawlessly, but guess I was wrong. Whirlwind is a tricky and frustrating table to play, just need to get lucky on that one match.

The problem is that with tables like T2, spamming the same loop over and over gets so boring that it becomes more of a chore than being fun. You can do the same with BR 2-ball multiball, just cradle one with the left and keep nailing that multiball broadside. I'm pretty sure it maxes out at 4.7mil. Also, if you get good at hitting broadside, you can get 32mil twice (or maybe even more) from the same double broadside. I've been able to do that a couple times without waiting for the ball to come to a complete trap. It's a really good way to get just about 90mil right off the get go. I think I'm up to 428mil on that table, but I got so pissed off because I missed a 50mil 'sink ship' shot twice right before it ended. Same thing kinda happened with MM. Just about completed BFTK, got nervous and drained. Used the troll bombs and hit the gate at least 6 times. How many does it take? I've never gotten that close outside of the tournament. Either way, it's been fun so far. Except for WW, I think I swear more at that table than any other lol. But I still like WW better than ES. Just by a little though. Maybe ES will grow on me. Oh another thing, I've had a lot of luck on JY going for the magic bus loop a lot, because it lights collect junk. So I've been able to reach outer space twice. Unfortunately the second one got cut off by the time limit. I'm not even sure I want to try to beat that score. Same goes for a lot of them. I might try BR more just because I wanna see how many multiball broadsides I can get. Aight, that should do it. Happy holidays peeps!

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I think MM BFTK is 7 hits to open the gate, then must destroy the castle. My high score was the first game I played I think, just chilling playing the game, next thing I know I was in BFTK with two troll bombs. Got 6 shots before time ran out because I didn't try to hurry though the game initially.

BR I was concentrating on getting ships, might have to work on broadside instead.

I just suck at T2 with the inability to control the ball and tough shots off the flipper (to me inconsistent roll and aim). I can play the whole 20 minutes with 2 or 3 balls, but only score 200-300 million usually.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I think MM BFTK is 7 hits to open the gate, then must destroy the castle. My high score was the first game I played I think, just chilling playing the game, next thing I know I was in BFTK with two troll bombs. Got 6 shots before time ran out because I didn't try to hurry though the game initially.

BR I was concentrating on getting ships, might have to work on broadside instead.

I just suck at T2 with the inability to control the ball and tough shots off the flipper (to me inconsistent roll and aim). I can play the whole 20 minutes with 2 or 3 balls, but only score 200-300 million usually.

Scissor me timbers! I was 1 shot away?! But for BR, you still need to sink ships, but for me, if I don't crush the first double broadside, I start over. It's kinda nice that it's the first award from the locker. I'm still not sure about the spamming of the multiball broadside. It's worth testing out though. This is why I like tourneys... Because I didn't really care for BR before. How awesome would it be to have BSD in the next one? W?D would be cool too.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Definitely agree about T2, and that table has been in 3 of the last 4 tournaments. Spamming the chase loop for 20 minutes is too boring. Is there a better strategy for points? I see Dylan_h put up 1,566M which is pretty sick in 20 minutes!

Firepower really shouldn't be selected for tournament play with the gamebreaking bugs it has. The ~2M point games look very solid to me, and those get destroyed by the 7-14M point glitched games.

The other tables are pretty cool, even if I'm no fan of Junk Yard. I don't see any obvious strategies to huge scores on any of them. Multiball madness seems pretty weak on MM. I had a couple of fully stacked MBs that lasted a long time and still only ended up with ~200M. Is BFTK the way to 300M games? Or Castle MB? My best game so far (215M) I think I got some decent points from Barnyard Multiball :)

BR is way more fun with the 20 min limit to me. Sinking ships seem to be the best, those 100M shots are too good. I drained with 5 minutes left on the clock but still managed 700M. A good game should definitely break 1B.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Definitely agree about T2, and that table has been in 3 of the last 4 tournaments. Spamming the chase loop for 20 minutes is too boring. Is there a better strategy for points? I see Dylan_h put up 1,566M which is pretty sick in 20 minutes!

Firepower really shouldn't be selected for tournament play with the gamebreaking bugs it has. The ~2M point games look very solid to me, and those get destroyed by the 7-14M point glitched games.

The other tables are pretty cool, even if I'm no fan of Junk Yard. I don't see any obvious strategies to huge scores on any of them. Multiball madness seems pretty weak on MM. I had a couple of fully stacked MBs that lasted a long time and still only ended up with ~200M. Is BFTK the way to 300M games? Or Castle MB? My best game so far (215M) I think I got some decent points from Barnyard Multiball :)

BR is way more fun with the 20 min limit to me. Sinking ships seem to be the best, those 100M shots are too good. I drained with 5 minutes left on the clock but still managed 700M. A good game should definitely break 1B.

From previous tournaments, anything below 3M in Firepower would be legit. I think I ranked first the last time it was on a list with around 2.8M

MM, you need to get to BFTK for high score, MB isn't going to cut it. That is my opinion.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
From previous tournaments, anything below 3M in Firepower would be legit. I think I ranked first the last time it was on a list with around 2.8M

MM, you need to get to BFTK for high score, MB isn't going to cut it. That is my opinion.

Officially done with this tournament so good luck to all. Had a great game going in T2, well on the way to at least 600M. Daughter bumped her head on the floor, pushed pause and came back 1 minute later, went to restart the game and it froze. Oh well, but too much work. Wouldn't be mad if the screen timed out because that is common happening when that happens, but never does that with screen still on.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Officially done with this tournament so good luck to all. Had a great game going in T2, well on the way to at least 600M. Daughter bumped her head on the floor, pushed pause and came back 1 minute later, went to restart the game and it froze. Oh well, but too much work. Wouldn't be mad if the screen timed out because that is common happening when that happens, but never does that with screen still on.

That's too bad man. But I really do know where you're coming from. At some point it's just like, why am I even putting myself through this punishment? And I am starting to agree about glitches becoming extremely frustrating. Most of the time being on a good ball. Another glitch that sucks is on WW when the camera doesn't zoom down for plunger view. Doesn't sound like a huge deal, but it can easily screw up a multiball mode that's ready to start. Sometimes a soft plunge, not exiting the lane, will bump it down to plunger view. But it shouldn't be that difficult while in a tournament. So I'm about ready to give up on WW, just like how you're giving up on T2 (can't blame ya). Just doesn't seem worth the time and effort after a while. Since I'm getting better at WW, and collecting those million plus jackpots, I MIGHT stick in there for a while. But after that I'm done aswell. See ya on the next one

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
That's too bad man. But I really do know where you're coming from. At some point it's just like, why am I even putting myself through this punishment? And I am starting to agree about glitches becoming extremely frustrating. Most of the time being on a good ball. Another glitch that sucks is on WW when the camera doesn't zoom down for plunger view. Doesn't sound like a huge deal, but it can easily screw up a multiball mode that's ready to start. Sometimes a soft plunge, not exiting the lane, will bump it down to plunger view. But it shouldn't be that difficult while in a tournament. So I'm about ready to give up on WW, just like how you're giving up on T2 (can't blame ya). Just doesn't seem worth the time and effort after a while. Since I'm getting better at WW, and collecting those million plus jackpots, I MIGHT stick in there for a while. But after that I'm done aswell. See ya on the next one

In all fairness, some may blame iOS, but they had this force close fixed a few builds ago, now it happens a lot. Off to work on POTO wizard goals and some Earthshaker.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I found another disappointing bug yesterday. Rollover scores doesn't count on Whirlwind. I hade a 145M game which doesn't show up :(
This is playing on an iPad 4. Dylan_h has a 109M game on the leaderboard so it must be working from a different device.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
I found another disappointing bug yesterday. Rollover scores doesn't count on Whirlwind. I hade a 145M game which doesn't show up :(
This is playing on an iPad 4. Dylan_h has a 109M game on the leaderboard so it must be working from a different device.

I haven't seen the rollover problem on Whirlwind. I'm usually playing on a 3rd gen iPad on iOS 6.
I would try on my iPhone 6 on iOS 8 but because of multitouch issues it's unplayable right now.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Yeah it's weird. Rollover scores work fine on Whirlwind outside of tournaments. Guess I'll give it another go and see if I can shoot 100M+ again, but I was really happy about that 145M game. It's a tough table, but at least I like it! :) Whirlwind is probably the table that got me into pinball back in the days.

Damn I just noticed your score on BR. That's really unlucky being so close :( You had a sick game on AFM though, grats! I don't understand how you did that. Some tables really feel like the challenge is to find out the best strategy to score fast. I mean, just hitting shots isn't enough.

Good luck the last few days!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts