iOS iCade Support? (Bitty)

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
GOOD NEWS !

We have iCade support in this update....now how do I get it to work ? :)

I can't find any selection place in the menus.

Thanks for your help !

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Open the game, then click on Options and scroll to the bottom.

I'm not seeing anything related to iCade there ?

The very bottom selection I see is *Back up Save Data*.....Under the *Controls* selection it just lists how the touch controls work.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm not seeing anything related to iCade there ?

The very bottom selection I see is *Back up Save Data*.....Under the *Controls* selection it just lists how the touch controls work.

That's weird. It should look like this in portrait mode if you scroll all the way down:

image.jpg

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Just got done trying out the iCade functionality with my iPad 3. My intention was to download the 2 new tables and play around with my iCade Core for about 10-15 minutes. Now, after playing for two hours straight I think I can say I'm done working for the rest of the day!

I didn't try all 28 tables with the iCade but everything I tried seemed to work perfectly and I didn't notice any bugs. Here are a few quick observations:

Button Mapping
6= Left Flipper
8= Left Nudge
0= Right Nudge
E2= Right Flipper
7=Start
9= Pause/Unpause
2 (Joystick down)= Launch bal
5/E1 = Special buttons (Black Knight Magna-Save and Harley Pop-Up Bumper)

- Flipper response time is very good. It seems to be a bit snappier compared to Blutrol.

- You can control the amount of pull on the Plunger when using the Joystick.

- You can scroll up and down through the table list with the joystick.

- All in-game screen touches are emulated with buttons except the 'quit' button from the pause screen.

I'll try to post a game-play video later tonight demonstrating my modded iCade Core.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
That was it Jeff....I had in in Landscape view and it doesn't show up in the view.

It still uses the big silver arrows on the side and once you got to the bottom and keep selecting down it automatically took you to the EULA page on the internet.

But in Portrait mode it works like a charm.....AND

I just got my iCade Core TODAY......to use for the Zaccaria Pinball app knowing it was coming for TPA......had no idea it would be today....perfect timing !

The iCade Core is $31.00 on Amazon...can't beat that :)

daduki

Feb 17, 2013
I wish I had the same luck. Unfortunately it keeps crashing as soon as I move the stick down to move the plunger or push the launch button (like in AFM). I tried to restart the iPad, closed and launched again the app, disconnected and reconnected the iCade. (iPad 3, iOS 5.1.1, no jailbreak, iCade "classic")
Reporting the issue in the Bugs thread.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Fantastic icade has finaly come. To bad we cant adjust the buttons. I just tried my controller. Plunger is on both sticks.

Flipperbuttons are very awkwardly placed.

The respons is as good on my xbox and ps3, quality. If the buttons are adjustable this will be so great playing pinball.

A bot dissapointed, but it was almost sure te button lay out would not make this update. But i real hope next month its in.

By the way, white water....... OMG so great!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That was it Jeff....I had in in Landscape view and it doesn't show up in the view.

It still uses the big silver arrows on the side and once you got to the bottom and keep selecting down it automatically took you to the EULA page on the internet.

But in Portrait mode it works like a charm.....AND

I just got my iCade Core TODAY......to use for the Zaccaria Pinball app knowing it was coming for TPA......had no idea it would be today....perfect timing !

The iCade Core is $31.00 on Amazon...can't beat that :)

I see what you mean in Landscape. If you just drag your finger for scrolling instead of using those silver arrows then it shows up. The silver arrows definitely seemed bugged though. Good find.

And congrats on the new iCade, man! Be sure to post some impressions. :)

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I see what you mean in Landscape. If you just drag your finger for scrolling instead of using those silver arrows then it shows up. The silver arrows definitely seemed bugged though. Good find.

And congrats on the new iCade, man! Be sure to post some impressions. :)

Thanks !

I didn't know you could scroll without using the buttons :)

I'll be sure to post some thoughts on it !....So far so good, I just beat my Firepower high score on the 2nd try with the iCade !

Using the Tilt is SO much easier with it !

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks !

I didn't know you could scroll without using the buttons :)

I'll be sure to post some thoughts on it !....So far so good, I just beat my Firepower high score on the 2nd try with the iCade !

Using the Tilt is SO much easier with it !

Nice man! BTW, did you get the latest version of Firepower with the improved bumpers? I posted about it in the iOS 1.2.6 thread, but not sure if you checked it yet. You have to manually delete the table in the Manage Table screen to get the new version. Same for AFM.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Fantastic icade has finaly come. To bad we cant adjust the buttons. I just tried my controller. Plunger is on both sticks.

Flipperbuttons are very awkwardly placed.

The respons is as good on my xbox and ps3, quality. If the buttons are adjustable this will be so great playing pinball.

A bot dissapointed, but it was almost sure te button lay out would not make this update. But i real hope next month its in.

By the way, white water....... OMG so great!

Yeah, a future update will include the ability to change the buttons. Why do you find the placement of the flippers to be awkwardly placed? I can't imagine a better setup than what is currently enabled. The only problem I found was that "2" (down) doesn't work for ST:TNG for the plunger/action button. Instead you have to use "7." I let James know about the issue.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I wish I had the same luck. Unfortunately it keeps crashing as soon as I move the stick down to move the plunger or push the launch button (like in AFM). I tried to restart the iPad, closed and launched again the app, disconnected and reconnected the iCade. (iPad 3, iOS 5.1.1, no jailbreak, iCade "classic")
Reporting the issue in the Bugs thread.

I'm guessing this may have to do with your iOS version. That's the only thing I can think of.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Yeah, a future update will include the ability to change the buttons. Why do you find the placement of the flippers to be awkwardly placed? I can't imagine a better setup than what is currently enabled. The only problem I found was that "2" (down) doesn't work for ST:TNG for the plunger/action button. Instead you have to use "7." I let James know about the issue.

Uhm.... The buttons on the controller i meant, not icade.

On my steelseries free mobile coontroller ( same lay out as 8 bitty )

Left flipper is from the 4 actionbuttons the left one
Rights flipper is start
Left and right stick are the plunger.
Left bumper is pause

Etc etc

I would like that you can setup every button myself. So every controlling device can be used no mather the standard lay out of that controller.

Great news about that update in the planning. Cant wait.

Oh..... For icade options to adjust nuttons can be handy too, if you build a custom cabinet.

Last edited:

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Nice man! BTW, did you get the latest version of Firepower with the improved bumpers? I posted about it in the iOS 1.2.6 thread, but not sure if you checked it yet. You have to manually delete the table in the Manage Table screen to get the new version. Same for AFM.

No I didn't know about that.....Thanks for the heads up !

I'll go get that tonight :)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I don't know if there's any way around this (and I don't see it as much of a problem at all, TBH) but it looks like PA is still looking for a BT keyboard input when the iCade is switched off, so when it can't see it, it switches to the in-built iOS keyboard. Might not be something that needs to be fixed, but definitely something to be aware of.

Edit: Okay, and it looks like if you enable iCade and restart without having anything connected, it comes up with the keyboard all the time as well. Like I said, no fuss but something to keep an eye out for.

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I don't know if there's any way around this (and I don't see it as much of a problem at all, TBH) but it looks like PA is still looking for a BT keyboard input when the iCade is switched off, so when it can't see it, it switches to the in-built iOS keyboard. Might not be something that needs to be fixed, but definitely something to be aware of.

Edit: Okay, and it looks like if you enable iCade and restart without having anything connected, it comes up with the keyboard all the time as well. Like I said, no fuss but something to keep an eye out for.

I think you have to go to the Main page's Options and disable iCade when it's not connected. Hopefully there will be a more seamless transition in the future.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I made a quick gameplay video of my 9-year with my modded iCade Core. Before she starts playing she demonstrates table navigation with the iCade's buttons. During play she demonstrates nudging and Harley's Pop-Up Bumper using a new side button which I added.

Black buttons - Flippers
Red buttons - Nudge
Small White buttons - Specials (Black Knight's Magna-Save & Harley's Pop-Up Bumper)

img0433szr.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.