iOS MM/BoP Update

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This looks absolutely AMAZING on my iPad 3. OMG, the level of detail is awesome. I absolutely love being able to read everything on the tables. (Unfortunately that doesn't make me a better player...)

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
Makes sense, at the time I was thinking they could have just gone with a different Williams table altogether. But after playing it, I get why it'd be rushed out, its that fun.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Loving the update on my ipad 3 and dont want to be a negative nancy but after playing on xbox since its been out and now going back to the ipad the lack of lighting really stands out to me. The whole table is so overly lit, its like playing pinball under a rack of flourescent tubes, Farsight are you sure the ipad 3 couldn't handle some dynamic lighting?

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
It doesn't seem to be saving my (local) high scores on BoP. MM works fine.

(Behavior takes place on both my iPad 1 and my wife's iPad 2.)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It is faster than any other iteration that i've played, i still like it but it takes some getting used to. Nudging on an iphone is utterly useless

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Can someone please confirm if the ball drop sound was added with the latest iOS update as it was with the Android update?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Is that just a sound that occurs between pressing "Start" and launching the ball? I'll let you know soon :)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Ah. Just tested on TotAN and MM, it's there :) But for some odd reason, there's no ball rolling sound on MM. Other tables are fine and hits on non-active items make ball-contact sounds, but right from when you launch the ball... zero ball sound while it's on the move. VERY distracting :/

It may be a strange request, but I'd just like to see some consistency between the tables. Currently there are different levels of physics in play between MM, BoP and the original four, and BoP appears to have better lighting than MM. Honesty would've thought everything would've come from the same core setup.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ah. Just tested on TotAN and MM, it's there :) But for some odd reason, there's no ball rolling sound on MM. Other tables are fine and hits on non-active items make ball-contact sounds, but right from when you launch the ball... zero ball sound while it's on the move. VERY distracting :/

Thanks for the feeback on the ball drop sound Shaneus. I just checked MM on Android and the ball rolling sound is present...don't know why it's not on the iOS version.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I mostly play on Ipad1 but I just checked on my Iphone 3gs (perfect for my commute but not recommendable for long sessions unless you like your battery drained within 90 minutes) and the rolling sound is present if faint. Didnt compare to other tables yet, but personally it's fine for me.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I mostly play on Ipad1 but I just checked on my Iphone 3gs (perfect for my commute but not recommendable for long sessions unless you like your battery drained within 90 minutes) and the rolling sound is present if faint. Didnt compare to other tables yet, but personally it's fine for me.

So the ball rolling sound is present on the iOS version of MM? It is kind of a loud table so I figured it may have been a little harder to hear than on the other tables.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
It's faint yes, but there is a distinct sound that's absent when the ball is trapped. With constant play of the ball it's easy to miss. It's one of those cases where you only can pick out the sound after you notice the absence of it.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Hm, maybe it is. But if so, it needs to be upped considerably... should be far more noticable than it is now. With the lack of weight and barely any sound, at times it feels like the ball is just hovering above the playfield.

I'm actually surprised that overall, it seems that the MM table on PHOF is closer to feeling like the real thing than this one, especially given the engine tweaks and updates. Along with the flipper gap, the ball needs more weight. BoP is fine in that regard, so I don't know why it's not the same physics rules.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Along with the flipper gap, the ball needs more weight. BoP is fine in that regard, so I don't know why it's not the same physics rules.

BoP does feel weightier than the other tables to me too. I was just playing a real MM a few weeks ago though and TPA is a lot more accurate to how It really is than the Williams collection. (i.e. at the real table I couldn't hit s*** and my score sucked) When I jump from ToM to BH playing TPA, the action feels completely different, and it should. The speed and weight feel different from table to table when I play irl as well. I think they're pretty realistic although the flipper distance on MM surprised me right away. I kinda figured if FS was scanning everything down to the screws to model them perfectly, and the play field was from real photos, how is the incorrect distance even possible? Anyway, I'm not complaining. The iOS version on iPad 2 hasn't given me a single problem and I'm loving every one of these tables so far. If they can improve things via updates then I'll just like them even more.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Watching the new CV video for xBox of the upcoming table, it seems to play a lot slower, ball speed wise. I wonder if it's my imagination, but on my iPad2 the last update seems to quicken up the tables for me. Perhaps there is a little rejig coming for the new update and dlc.

Scooter

May 3, 2012
Ok does anyone know if the scores on the tables show to everyone if so I'm the SSS on them played bymy I-phone

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Only your highest score will go to the Facebook leaderboards. Your "SSS" sounds like it would be a local leaderboard, which no one else can see.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts