iOS/Mobile Version Is Experiencing Bad Performance Recently.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I made a thread under iOS but nobody goes there. Basically, framedrops, hitches and stutters abound. I've had extreme flipper lag at random, moments where the game stutters or simply freezes for half a second mid-play. It's ruining the game. I don't recall performance always being this bad and first started noticing it around the release of R911. It seems even worse after LAH released. Issues are effecting all tables.

For the record, I'm on the latest iOS firmware on an iPad Air 2. Even after clearing the app tray and restarting the iPad the issues remain consistent.

I own every table on iOS. Please, Farsight, fix TPA before you work on making a new app for Stern. Some of us have spent hundreds of dollars on your software under the assumption it wasn't going to break and remain broken. I won't be buying tables for Stern Pinball Arcade if this is the support and communication we can continue to expect.

Edit: I decided to run a test on Android. I'm using a Galaxy Note 5 on Marshmallow and the framerate is not consistent at all. It constantly dips. This performance is not acceptable, Farsight.

The Wii U version is the newest member of the TPA family and it needs a lot of work. Every platform needs a lot of work. What can we expect when Farsight is juggling two seperate apps across a wide range of platforms and specs? Please stop spreading yourself thin and concentrate on making the product you have as good as it can be on the platforms it's already available on.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I'm not buying any more tables until we get a response from FS. Sucks, I wanted to play TX Sector, but I can't keep giving them money for a broken product or they'll have no motivation to fix it.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I'm experiencing large black dots appearing on many tables. They appear, then disappear. Very strange. About the size of the ball. Only on iOS.

Last edited:

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
I'm not buying any more tables until we get a response from FS. Sucks, I wanted to play TX Sector, but I can't keep giving them money for a broken product or they'll have no motivation to fix it.

Same here. I stopped buying new tables because of the multi touch issue.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
It's a real shame isn't it, we are all here on this forum because we love pinball, and when TPA is working properly we love TPA. But digital pinball is supposed to be a more reliable, more predictable item than real pinball, and TPA's emulation of a stuck ball or a slam tilt or a blown fuse or a shorted transistor is that they still haven't ironed all the bugs out, in some cases many years after they were first reported.

And when we complain, often others don't like it and say we are being negative or unsupportive or non-constructive.

TPA doesn't care about its customers, just about the money keeping on rolling in :(

I was playing CV yesterday on iPad, and when I was 20 minutes into a really good game, the camera just started pissing about, darting around or refusing to show the plunger lane or not letting me see the flippers. This is Cirqus Voltaire, they brought it out when, 2012? FFS it doesn't exactly make me excited to play it again when that happens.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I'm experiencing large black dots appearing on many tables. They appear, then disappear. Very strange. About the size of the ball. Only on iOS.

I just noticed the black dots you described appearing on PotO. It seemed to me that as soon as the flipper flipped the ball the black dot appeared exactly where the ball was going to go under the stairs. Then, when the ball arrives, the dot disappears.

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
It used to be that the biggest problem with the iOS version was its tiny phone size. There were always bugs, but they were rare/small enough that they didn't bother me too much.

Then in September 2013 there was a bug that made the bottom right corner of the screen a dead zone. Very annoying, as that's where my flippers are. This bug still hasn't been fixed. A factory reset temporarily fixed the problem, but it came back about a year later. I ran out of steam complaining about it, and don't want to do another reset. I just try to adjust my playing.

Then in early 2014, Apple removed the pre-season purchases. I know this was not Farsight, but this is really unfortunate. I used to love getting a new game to play every month. Now, I'm too cheap, so I wait until the season pass. But that doesn't make it as fun. And it ends up that I don't play as often.

Then in late 2014 came the multi-touch bug. This still has not been fixed.

So with these bugs, I rarely can play a game without at least one ball draining, not being my fault. If I didn't love pinball so much, this game would be unplayable. Unfortunately, I still enjoy what's there, I am hopeful for the future, I am too tired to complain, and I keep buying all the tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts