Bug iOS v3.10.1 #3

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Am I the only one experiencing dead zones on the bottom right corner of the screen?

Are the dead zones only in TPA? Do they follow the screen rotation? Here's a test. Turn off portrait orientation lock: swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up Control Center, then tap on the padlock (top-right). Play TPA with the iPhone upside-down. Do the dead zones stay with TPA on the bottom? If so, the issue may be with TPA. If the dead zones now move to the top of the screen (or follow the screen rotation), then the issue is likely with the iPhone.

A couple of things to try:

Reset the iPhone (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)
a. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.
b. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
c. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

If this doesn't help, try fully deleting TPA, then reinstall from scratch including the tables (be sure you have your scores backed up).

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
I flipped it, and the dead zone stays with TPA on the bottom right. The hard reset does not fix it. I'll give the uninstall a try when I get home from work.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Just to be thorough, I tested it on my iPhone 5 (no, not a 6...I fully realize that) and I have no dead zones at the bottom-right. No dead zones on any of my iPads either. From what you're saying about it following the screen orientation in TPA, I'd assume it was the TPA app. But since I don't have the issue on my iPhone 5 and don't have an iPhone 6 to test it on, I'm out of ideas since the device reset nor the reinstall of TPA fixed it. Maybe someone with an iPhone 6 can comment.

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
I think I figured out the specifics of my dead zone glitch. I've been testing it, and it seems to occur most often when I'm pressing down on the left side in the same corresponding quadrant.

Here's what I mean. I have the ball trapped in the left flipper. My thumb is holding down the lower left quadrant. If my right thumb presses in the bottom right corner, no button press is registered. If I slide my left thumb up, the dead zone on the right disappears.

Members online

Members online