Bug iOS Version 1.1.6 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Hi All

I had the following issue I sent to Pinball Arcade Support.
Still not resolved :(

Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 18:53:10
Subject: iOS Version 1.1.5 Bug with new 'Log In'

Hi there

Just wanted to report an iOS Version 1.1.5 Bug with new 'Log In' feature.

I registered-With this email address:
*****@yahoo*****

But on trying to 'Log In' I get thrown out of whole app! :(
Tried closing everything BUT TPA-but still throws me out....

I have an iPhone4-but still on pre-iOS5
Ver. 4.3.1

Thanks

Andy

I did get following response.
And hoped this update would fix it..

Hello,
We are working on a solution as quickly as we can. The programmers are busy fixing the issue and an update will be sent in to apple today, so the issue should be addressed asap.
Please use "reply" to respond to this message if needed.

Thank you,

Good point Andy. Perhaps it's all background stuff with the login scripts

Mudfinger

Jun 6, 2012
BLACK HOLE - lower playfield rule STILL WRONG! This was promised to be fixed 2 updates ago (per JAKE LOPEZ FS employee)
BLACK KNIGHT - Magnasave butons are still at the top on iOS This was said to be fixed on the next update.

Why isn't there a list of the bug fixes that WERE included? This would be the normal thing to do. No?

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
Audio-related bugs:
  1. Game always steals audio priority when closing multitasking bar. [100% reproducible]
    Cannot play music with headphones as a result.
  2. Tables do not load if you have started background music via an Apple remote. [100% reproducible]
    Menus are then unresponsive if you stop music playback (not pausing it) but tapping the “start” button again will load the table.
  3. Ball will not release on Black Hole when background audio is playing. [100% reproducible]
    Stopping music playback will let you continue playing.
  4. Games of Black Knight will not end if background audio is playing. [100% reproducible]
    Stopping background audio will bring up the “Final Score” UI.

Gameplay bugs:
  1. Game uses “shake” nudging every time I start the app, even though I have “touchscreen” selected.
    I have to re-select it on my first game every time I launch the app.

Graphics:
  1. Lower half of Gorgar is considerably lower resolution than upper half. (particularly noticeable on iPad 3) [Fixed with forced table update]
  2. Gorgar flippers do not pivot from centre. ToTAN is also affected and others may be slightly affected.
  3. Bride of Pinbot says “10 Billion” rather than “10 Million” on the big wheel. [Fixed with forced table update]

UI Bugs:
  1. Menus often get stuck in a “quit → back” loop when playing in landscape after scrolling the menus by swiping rather than tapping the arrows.
  2. Magna-save buttons on Black Knight are effectively unusable on iPad due to their position.
  3. No way to bring up individual Hall of Fame scores without finishing a game.

Complaints:
  1. Still three separate logins. Ditch Facebook and “Pinball Analytics”, Game Center is fine.
  2. With the number of problems the game now has, we need more than “Bug Fixes” for the updates—we need a changelist.

Have not been able to test for anything else so far. (framerate problems etc.)

Last edited:

starck

Jun 7, 2012
This seems fair, at this point. I always appreciate when iOS updates include a detail changelog.

Completely bizarre that there is no changelog with the updates. Poor form. Very poor form.

Of all the software I have, (on iOS or Mac), none would even dare to update with a changelog that simply stated: "bug fixes."

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
OK, after deleting the tables off my iPad via iFunBox to force them to download again, it looks like Gorgar has been updated with new art to fix the lower half of the table, but for some reason v1.16 did not initiate a table download.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Um...so...is there any way to do this without losing my f-ing high scores and table goals (again)....?

an ox

May 28, 2012
Downloaded, went straight to Black Hole, went straight down Black Hole, opened gate... Hit the bumper and it closed again.

Can we PLEASE get this fixed? Doubly annoying because for a couple of glorious weeks it WAS fixed. To see it re-broken and LEFT re-broken is galling. It's a script tweak, surely, how hard can it be?

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
uninstalled as I usually do to force new downloads of tables... don't you think I accidently removed it from GC? ouch, there goes my 5th place on the leaderboards :/

edit: they were saved anyway since I also have it on my iPhone 4S. and expensive backup device but it worked out fine for me this time...

Last edited:

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
Um...so...is there any way to do this without losing my f-ing high scores and table goals (again)....?
This is what I did:
  1. Install iFunBox
  2. Unlock iPad, go to the home screen, and then connect to computer (a Mac in my case, but shouldn’t matter)
  3. Under “User Applications” in iFunBox, find “Pinball Arcade”
  4. Navigate to: Library → Private Documents and delete the table files e.g. TBlackHolev3_ios.res
    MAKE SURE YOU DON’T DELETE THE .DAT FILES!
  5. Disconnected iPad, loaded TPA, and it started downloading the tables.

You may want to make a backup of your iPad first just in case anything goes wrong.

As far as I could tell, only Gorgar was updated—at least as far as the table version numbers are concerned, so you may only want to delete and re-download it. I just deleted all my tables.

To be honest, I’ve been tempted to just delete the app and start over on my scores again anyway—it seems like that will be the only way to get the achivements if you have already completed the table goals? Perhaps that will be fixed in a future update.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
uninstalled as I usually do to force new downloads of tables... don't you think I accidently removed it from GC? ouch, there goes my 5th place on the leaderboards :/

edit: it was actually saved even tho I chose to remove it...

There should be a confirmation after hitting the remove from gamecenter.
I was just about tod the same cause i want to start over completely. You're saying your gamecenter score is still there?

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I did this a couple days after the previous update. My gamecenter score was still there, but since I lost all my local scores (as expected), I had to play everything again to start moving up the list. So my local hof score was 0, even though gamecenter score was around 2000. Unfortunately, one of my tables (forgot which) now has all standard goals unlocked, but won't move to wizard goals, so I might need to go through that again. I have a personal goal of 5000 points (6000 if new tables come out) before I'll delete it all and start over, though.

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
even worse, I can't download a single table! I can't cancel downloads either. have tried to uninstall and install the app again. using iPad 2 on iOS 5.1.1. any help would be appreciated. (only tried using Personal Hotspot over Bluetooth with my iPhone 4S, but that's the way I have downloaded it every other time so should make no difference.)

edit: worked now, but had to try it maybe 10 times per table. might just have been the server workload 'cus of the new update.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I completely deleted and reinstalled TPA and all tables which included losing my scores (oh well). The only "bug fix" I found was on Gorgar. Ripley's still plays like it's in slow motion. Nothing on Black Knight seems repaired. CFTBL still doesn't play RATC. I agree with many of the above posts that it would have been nice to be told which "fixes" were included in the update.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
As far as I could tell, only Gorgar was updated—at least as far as the table version numbers are concerned

No, tables like MM & Bride didn't change version number (as written in the filename), but did change file size. And there are real changes (closer flippers on MM etc).

Right now the whole thing seems a mess. We need someone from Farsight here interacting with us. Maybe they're working on too many engines and versions, but they will gradually piss us off if they don't take the bugs more seriously.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I thought that MM was supposed to be censored, but with this latest revision I definitely heard "I'm Howard Hurtz, who the f**k are you?". Anyone noticed it in other versions?

Btw MM definitely plays better. Lighting seems to be a little flatter than normal, but I might be too used to the 360 one.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I thought that MM was supposed to be censored, but with this latest revision I definitely heard "I'm Howard Hurtz, who the f**k are you?". Anyone noticed it in other versions?

Btw MM definitely plays better. Lighting seems to be a little flatter than normal, but I might be too used to the 360 one.

To the best that I can remember I've always had the bleeped out "F" word on ios and on PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.