Bug iOS Version 1.1.8 Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I wonder if this lag is caused by iOS6 or by something else?

Almost makes me wanna go back to iOS5 again...

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
The ball/camera lag problems are even worse:

Serious lag in ball AND camera movement on the following tables on iPad2 iOS6:

I have two iPad 2s (a wifi and an AT&T 3G) both with iOS6 and luckily I'm not seeing the performance issues you are.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
When I've played it its always been buggy, seriously this table needs to be taken out the back and shot.

Sadly, the original release of CV was really quite good. The problems never cropped up until they started messing with it. Wish they'd just go back to 1.0 on that table, but that may not be possible due to changes in the host (the app itself). It really is a fun table when it works.

I must say, though — having 15 other tables to play while they sort that one out is a pretty good situation to be in.

Mmmbacon

Jul 6, 2012
"I don't have time to read all the posts, I posted part of this post earlier on the forums but I see it might not of been in the right section so I'm putting it here...."

Do you have a clue how rude and condascending starting a message out like this? Let me translate for you: "I realize that my questions may have been answered already by you guys but I don't have time to read your hard work. And to top it off, Im going to post a 4 paragraph post (some of which, as previously mentioned are probably already answered) asking for help from the exact same people, whose posts i cant be bothered to read."

an ox

May 28, 2012
I have to report that this build caused my iPad's battery to drain from full to 25%.

...due to me not being able to keep my hands off those bloody gophers all day ;).

Occasional gopher-related peculiarity: sometimes I go to start a new game and the START button disappears but the game doesn't actually start. I have to go to the menu, select quit, and then restart again. No big deal as nothing's actually lost, just a minor strangeness.

"Peculiarity" peculiarity: the word "peculiar" actually derives from Latin meaning "pertaining to cattle".

an ox

May 28, 2012
I am a mine of vaguely useless ox-related information ;-).

If I really had to moan about anything it'd be to ask pleeeeease can we have camera settings stored on a table by table basis at some point? I like to use different settings for different tables and it's a minor but significant pain in the tits to have to catch the ball on a flipper and poke around changing the camera view when I change table. You can't change it before plunging of course because that just changes Plunger Cam.

an ox

May 28, 2012
I was down the pub having a go of Taxi, got a hiscore and the game went into this strange state:

oddness.png

Where the initials-selection game UI bit came up as expected but the table was in a state where it thought a new game had begun. Pressing the arrow buttons added players to the game. I was unable to use the UI buttons at top left and right, couldn't get any other menus up to quit the game or the table, and ended up having to kill the instance of the game and relaunch it to get out of the odd state.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who plays TPA in the pub. Marvel & DC are getting quite a backlog of unread comics on my ipad since the new tables were launched. :)

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
Where the initials-selection game UI bit came up as expected but the table was in a state where it thought a new game had begun. Pressing the arrow buttons added players to the game. I was unable to use the UI buttons at top left and right, couldn't get any other menus up to quit the game or the table, and ended up having to kill the instance of the game and relaunch it to get out of the odd state.

I had this issue at the end of one of the first games I played... but haven't had it pop up since.

I don't like intermittent bugs. I want easily reproducible bugs that I can stay way from.

an ox

May 28, 2012
I offered my local to put both my real machines in there for free but they weren't interested. I'd've been quite prepared to drop coin into my own tables just to play them in a "live" location but I guess they'll stay at home and I'll have to rely on TPA if I fancy playing with my balls down the pub :D.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I offered my local to put both my real machines in there for free but they weren't interested. I'd've been quite prepared to drop coin into my own tables just to play them in a "live" location but I guess they'll stay at home and I'll have to rely on TPA if I fancy playing with my balls down the pub :D.

In the 80's / early 90's it was uncommon to find a pub WITHOUT a pinball machine in it! Sometimes things change for the worst, When I was a child in the 80's my parents struggled to find a pub that let children in, and when we did find one which let children in dad kept me under control with "if you're a good boy you can play Defender/and or Pinball". There was always an old guy at the bar with his dog too.

Now I'm in my 30's and a dog owner all these punch tavern managed houses welcome families with screaming kids running wild while I'm relegated to the garden with my well behaved dog! :(

rant over, back to the topic...

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just had a nasty game ending bug on NGG, was having a great game, over 20 million on first ball and a few extra balls lined up when during one of the multiball modes I lost control of the flippers and all the balls drained. The table was stuck with no balls present, DMD frozen, music still playing. Calling the attendant didn't work and I could nudge as much as I wanted but couldn't get TILT so had to end the game.

karl

May 10, 2012
Had the same bug as "An Oc" happen one time after playing it about 20 times. Unfortunately it happend after my best score and I had to reboot the program (also got a few wizard goals on that game that was gone later) Otherwise I am very happy with this new update. Never seen so few bugs as this before. Playing on IPAD 3 portrait mode think I was on view nr 4 at the time. Since it takes a couple of moments before you can type in your name on taxi it could have been that I was inpatient and started typing wildly before it was ready when the bug happened

night

May 18, 2012
Anyway, almost all tables are giving (me?) ball and camera lag problems on iOS6, and I am not going to buy the 2 new table packs before I see any change to this problem. I invested in tables that are now highly anoying to play.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
No lag problems on IOS6 for me (iPhone 4 and iPad 3). Had the HD bug a fair few times where the right flipper won't work and on Taxi where camera zooms to backbox whilst ball in play. All in all seems a good update and love the new tables.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Shot the ball up the express lane and ... something happened that got Taxi stuck.

Taxi went through the ball search with nothing, nudging does nothing, calling the attendant does nothing ("ball not stuck").

And I was having a GOOD game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts