Bug iOS Version 1.2.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Someone on Facebook asked when we can expect the "No Good Gofers" transparency ramp issue to be fixed.
Farsight's reply: "Which ramps need to be transparent?"
:confused: :confused:

This sort of backs up my theory that a few months back FS took someone on just to handle pr/social media who obviously doesn't know a lot about pinball or TPA. Sometimes there are concise replies from FS with a lot of information, usually their own updates, but most of the comment replies seem like very generic answers that anyone could write. Go back and read a few, loads of ' we love that table too but nothing to announce yet ', and ' sorry you have found an issue, please report it to our support email ' when the problem has been reported hundreds of times already and is widely know. I'd put money on they took on a new receptionist and gave her/him ( got to be politically correct :) ) the responsibility of showing a presence on Facebook.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
My Hall of Fame stucks on 2395 for three months now, it works only on a few days
after GC comes to TPA.

And i think it is a farsight problem, because every other game in GC works perfect.
GC also updated the TPA icon to the Scared Stiff icon, it says "play last:today", but
no scores for today and no score update.

Sad, but true, the customer paid and farsight is not interested in his problems, like
in many other bugs, e.g the MM bugs have no solution since months !!

I also tried many reboots and sign in/out to GC, nothing.

I think the time for an one star rating in app-store comes closer, and i think
i will do it right after an update, so it will be shown on the first app-store-page. :mad:

Hi all,
First post here. Fairly new to TPA, but a real life pinball lover and aficionado. I am having a similar problem- my GC score is stuck at 2,482 and has been for what I believe to be at least a few weeks. I do know that I have completed various goals (including wizard goals on a few tables) recently, and my score hasn't increased. I have the new update and have gotten goals from both SS and BS, though I think this problem was occurring before the update. Has anyone else had and remedied this issue? Is it a GC or TPA related problem? Anyone from FS able to comment? I would love to fix this if possible.

Thanks,
Clawhammer (Jeff)

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Hi all,
First post here. Fairly new to TPA, but a real life pinball lover and aficionado. I am having a similar problem- my GC score is stuck at 2,482 and has been for what I believe to be at least a few weeks. I do know that I have completed various goals (including wizard goals on a few tables) recently, and my score hasn't increased. I have the new update and have gotten goals from both SS and BS, though I think this problem was occurring before the update. Has anyone else had and remedied this issue? Is it a GC or TPA related problem? Anyone from FS able to comment? I would love to fix this if possible.

Thanks,
Clawhammer (Jeff)

A couple of months ago I deleted TPA and reinstalled it. My PHOF score stayed on Game Center, but wouldn't climb until I had surpassed it on my ipad. If you have deleted & reinstalled you have to reach 2,482 again before your better scores get added to the total. Wizard/Standard goals don't add to this figure though, only better high scores.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3, OS6

Bug Description: Web Loop went into a "loop" and game never recovered even after a forced Tilt. Shot it up the ramp once and it kept giving bonuses, ball was finally shot into and wouldn't come out of spider hole, when it did finally come out, shot into lock and never got it back.

Steps to reproduce: In mulitple games this has not happened until now, only played two games since without issue.

Frequency:

Additional comments: Maybe it is a freak issue, just a little ticked since it was a 50K first ball I had going. Lets hope?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3rd gen/6

Table: Elvira: Scared Stiff

Bug Description: If you hit the dagger scoop (skill shot) a part of the playfield to the right seems to kick the ball up into the rollover area at the top with great consistency - probably needs some tweaking to the rebound settings.

Frequency: pretty much every game I play, which is what makes me think it's a physics setting gone awry.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Sorry, but this solution is stupid and ridiculous, but i think it is typical farsight solution.

My GC stucks at 2395 and i arrived at 9500 Hall of Fame points and i don't want to
do it all again!

when i had this problem, i rebooted my iPad (full power off and back on) and then when it cam back up i logged out of gamecenter and logged back in. this solved it for me, obviously your mileage may vary.

Lou Villanueva

Mar 9, 2012
iOS 6.1 beta actually fixes the camera problems on iPhone 5 with the spider cam issue in portrait, and other portrait issues in NGG HD and Taxi. (Not sure about the recently released iOS 6.0.1)

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Some findings regarding Circus Voltaire and it's screen scrolling/locking issues briefly described:

After locking the ball(s) in the Highwire Ramp, the screen will enter a locked state will prevent you from seeing:
1. The plunger shot screen
2. The backglass when entering Cannon Ball Run.

Findings: I have three iOS devices (all on the same iOS, currently v6.0.1, an iPhone 4 (not the S), an iPad 2nd Gen and an iPad 3rd Gen. This seems to ONLY affect the iPad 3rd Gen...on virtually every play, I get this issue/problem. The iPhone 4 and the iPad 2nd Gen do NOT seem to be affected, despite numerous plays.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Sorry, but this solution is stupid and ridiculous, but i think it is typical farsight solution.

My GC stucks at 2395 and i arrived at 9500 Hall of Fame points and i don't want to
do it all again!

I never said it was ideal, but it seems to be the way things work. Its a good thing I never set any highscores on my phone as the GC score can't seem to differentiate between the score on the GC server and the particular device you are playing on. I.e. you could have 500 points on your ipad, get another thousand on your phone but your ipad wouldn't know it, only the GC server would.

Does that make sense? I have trouble following it myself...

Icloud saves are needed badly.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Creature From The Black Lagoon

i was in the middle of a GREAT game (for me, anyway). 3.5 billion on my first ball (more than double my previous high score total!) and during muiltiball, one of the balls disappeared. i don't know where it went. it might have flown off the table to the right? i'm sorry i'm not really sure. anyway, once i lost the remaining ball, the machine just sat there. attendant claimed the ball was not stuck. the auto-find came up empty. nudging the table and eventually tilting didn't help either. with sorrow i had to simply exit the game without recording a score. arghghghghghgh.

Tragicallybored

Nov 6, 2012
Playing on iPad 3, scared stiff board, all OS updates and all app updates applied. Finally managed to complete scared stiff ( twice in the same game actually, followed by spider madness, by far best game I had had on the table). During spider madness, it seems like the game lost track of one of the balls; when i was down to 1 ball the jackpots were still lit ( like it thought I had two balls left). After that ball drained, the music returned to normal but there were no balls on the field. Calling attendant did no good, it said no balls stuck. I tried to tilt to continue ( only ball 2 with several extras), but that just got it stuck on the tilt screen.

Sucks to lose my best score on the table (159000000 with several balls to go :(...) and sucks to not have wizard goals fully unlocked ( they all show checked off, but it still behaves like I haven't achieved them all). The score is lost, but is there any way to fix the wizard goals? Is this invalid ball state tracking a common issue? I had it happen a couple times early on on one of the other tables, but hadn't seen it in awhile.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I've noticed on SS the table seems to lose track of the ball, after playing for a while I was receiving the "plunge ball" message on the DMD when the ball had been in play for 10 - 20 seconds and had been hitting bumpers and slingshots.

Butiagp

Nov 8, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2 / iOS 5.1.1

Table: Black Hole

Bug Description: no spanish instructions in Black Hole.

Steps to reproduce: Change iPad´s language to Spanish and see that there is not instructions, only generic text "chapter 1, chapter 2,.... without content. If you change de iPad´s language to English (others lenguages too) the instructions displays correctly.

Frequency: Every time.

Additional comments: This happen since i remove the app and installed the latest version (Scared stiff). I don´t Know it this happen before.

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 1 / iOS 5

Bug Description: The pop bumpers are octagonal rather than round and the flippers are half-height and unnaturally long/pointy.

Steps to reproduce: This was the case with both an incremental installation of 1.2.0 and also a clean install after deleting all tables and resources.

Frequency: Every time, both before and after playing other tables..

Additional comments: Judging by other's comments in this thread, I believe this issue may have been resolved in release 1.2.0 for iPad 2 and 3, but remains for iPad 1.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 1 / iOS 5

Table: Theatre of Magic

Bug Description: The visible geometry of the snaking wire rail that runs down the right-hand side of the game and back to the right inlane does not match the physics model. Due to this, the ball appears to leave the wire rail when travelling along it. I believe the physics model is correct and the visible wire rail geometry is currently wrong (not snaking enough!).

Steps to reproduce: The best way to see this is to plunge the ball. When it drops onto the wire rail you can see that it falls to the right of the rail as the visible rail does not go far enough to the right and under the plunger ramp. The other way it hit the left orbit (spell 'THEATRE') and you can clearly see how the ball moves along a different path to the one displayed.

Frequency: Every time.

Additional comments: This bug first appeared in 1.9.0.

Chk1975

Aug 28, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2 / iOS 5.1.1

Bug Description: I got multball drained the 2 balls on the lower playfield. MB play resumed on the upper playfield lost 1 ball and the game thinks ball is over flippers go dead all balls drain and new ball is started

Steps to reproduce: It happened multiple times, my believe is thas it has to do with draining the 3rd ball released from the upper lock before the 2 balls from lower playfield ejected on the upper playfield.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Thanks for the responses about the GC score being stuck. It seems to have remedied itself. I think it was as a result of deleting the game, trying to back up scores and losing some of them and them something going haywire. Regardless, the problem for me has been fixed and my GC score has gone back up.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Device: iPad 3

Table: Big Shot

Bug Description: In the high score entry screen, the left and right arrows somehow locked together so that touching one pressed both arrows. Pressing the Select button also pressed both arrows. The letter sequence went bonkers, fast-forwarding and rewinding through the alphabet. When I pressed select and held it, the letters flashed by rapidly and eventually a random letter was selected until all three letters were filled in.

Steps to reproduce: couldn't

Frequency: one time so far

Additional comments:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Device/OS: (not needed for consoles) iPad 3

Bug Description: As listed above for multiple tables, in the middle of a multiball on scared stiff the game seems to lose track of one of the balls. When my final ball did drain, the game thought there was still a ball in play. I ended up having to force tilt, but doing so got stuck on the tilt screen, and I could not continue.

Steps to reproduce: Have a long multiball

Frequency: This is happened on two out of about 10 games I have played.

Additional comments: Judging by earlier comments, this is not only a scared stiff issue. It appears to happen on multiple tables during multiball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts