iOS Version 1.2.10 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your iOS version 1.2.10 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I'm very happy to see the fix for the ball skin transparency. They look really nice now. I'll be able to actually use a lot of the lighter colored one's that I avoided in the past.

The option to listen to background audio when sound is turned off is also nice. I've always wanted the ability to pipe in some good rock music while I'm playing. It's a shame though that when using this option all the mechanical sounds are also turned off. I'd still like to hear all the table sounds just with my music layered on top of it. That's how it works in the Zaccaria app and it's really good. They even give you the ability to control the level of music volume.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Zaccaria is a customizer's wet dream. I'm just thrilled that I can listen to music and play TPA to drown out background noise while my wife watches bad tv.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
whirlwind runs a little slow on my ipad1. looks pretty damn good. but i can 't buy it like this.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
whirlwind runs a little slow on my ipad1.
Same here, on iPhone4. iPhone5 and iPad4 are nice, though.

I suspect that Whirlwind (and all other tables with a lot of moving parts?) will have problems running on all single core iDevices (anything earlier than iPod Touch 5G, iPad2, and iPhone 4S).

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
The sound in Whirlwind is very tinny and hollow, just like Pinbot was. Compare it to Champion Pub which has normal presence and bass. There is a real Whirlwind and Pinbot down the street from me so I know what they should sound like.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Where is the special kickstarter promotion that is displayed on the start screen and has a button that instantly takes you to the kickstarter page?

Didn't they do something similar with the previous kickstarters?

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Very nice addition of the higher resolution scans of the pinball flyers! Now we can read them! :)

karl

May 10, 2012
I love the fact that they still implement new features almost every month. That shows true commitment to me. Yes there is a few bugs in Whirlwind but that is just the nature of this whole setup getting us new packs every month. (they usually fix the most obvious ones in their next update so no reason to be alarmed about them I say)

I have watched The History of pinball before but I bought it to support Farsight and having the opportunity to watch it on my IPAD is a nice benefit. I really hope this addition will bring them some extra income

As always hats off to Pin Wiz for documenting so thoroughly all the new features and bug fixes in his splendid news thread on this site.

Of course it is always crucial that we get reports of bugs and feedback and I applaud everyone reporting things that should be fixed. Unfortunately I tend to spend far to much time having fun with the App and to little time reporting things I see along the way. Fixing bugs is important, but please remember to have some fun along the way. That's what the app is here for

Now back to the Pub :)

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
the two new tables are awesome. I purchased the video as well to support TPA however it keeps buffering. Netflix plays fine so i am not sure what the culprit is. I don't know if this a bug or by design but when go into options from main menu and select manage tables and update all NOTHING happens. I thought there was blip somewhere it happens in background. If thats the case that would explain WHY the video would not play with background updates downloading. I don't like it updating in the background i prefer to SEE when its happening so i can manage bandwidth.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Very nice tables. Whirlwind looks a bit too 3D-ish to my taste, Champion Pub graphics are very well done. It seems FarSight is going the right direction graphic-wise, compared to the dramatic visuals of Cactus Canyon (the lowest point of graphics quality in TPA). Things are definitely going uphill again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.