iOS Version 1.2.6 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
Both tables are playing nice.
One thing that p*sses me off is that I've shot the bigfoot jackpot three bloody times under hot foot mode and the gold rush multiball didn't get activated. I could seriously break my ipad in half right now.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Should that White Water feel as fast as it does? Because it almost felt like it was frictionless compared to some of the other tables.

And how did we find out that FP and AfM got fixes? Are there any other tables that have fixes that don't force them like those two?

White Water is a very fast, but fair table, admittedly it's been almost 20 years since I've played one but I remember it kicking my arse a lot.

Lou Villanueva

Mar 9, 2012
Space Shuttle camera on iphone 5 portrait almost unplayable!

Same, all portrait views are messed up on iPhone 5. Landscape is ok.

EDIT: Deleting and re-downloading the table fixed the issue for me.

EDIT 2: Was mistaken - still having iPhone 5 portrait issues with Space Shuttle! :(

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Can someone please post iOS screenshots of the new tables?

Here you go...

img0699u.png

img0701.png

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Anyone else with the black hole graphic problems? I have had these stretched flippers and octagonal pop bumpers for a long time now, no fix.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Dunno if it's a bug, new tables like this and cactus canyon give out like, 3 points in the hall of fame...?

Otherwise great update, both tables are awesome. Wow, HUGE improvement to Space Shuttle coming from Williams collection... Rom emulation goes a LONG way. Really excited to play Black Knight and Gorgar with the emulation. I actually bought Black Knight in anticipation of this update. Unfortunately no patch.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I notice AFM is a bit more tweaked. The table seems to have gotten easier. Weird.

night

May 18, 2012
Both tables are very nice, Graphics are well done on both Space Shuttle and White Water. My opinion is that WW has a too bright playfliefd. Finaly decent looking transparent ramps! I noticed that the voice-samples on Space Shuttle are very low in volume compared to the electronic sound fx. Good table.

Black Hole seems finaly stutter-free on my iPad2!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The infamous AFM right orbit "kick out" is gone. And there was much rejoicing. yeaaaa.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Both tables are very nice, Graphics are well done on both Space Shuttle and White Water. My opinion is that WW has a too bright playfliefd. Finaly decent looking transparent ramps! I noticed that the voice-samples on Space Shuttle are very low in volume compared to the electronic sound fx. Good table.

Black Hole seems finaly stutter-free on my iPad2!

Agreed, WW is fun. The centre of the table does appear washed out...but that could be because it is bright to begin with and there are no shadows on ipad. Not a big deal, at least the color correction looks right this time. ;)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I'm jealous of those iOS screen shots - they look gorgeous. Wish my Nexus 7 looked that good (I'm sure It could). You even get the clear ball locks on SS :(

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
While I like the new tables quite a bit, I'm (again) a bit shocked at the lack of quality control on the side of FS.
Especially Space Shuttle. Unplayable on the iPhone thanks
to unusable viewing angles, the ball counter not working, the high scores are not saved.

The lack of polish is too apparent.

It has been said again and again on here before, but FS is spreading itself too thin: Release cycle too fast, too many supported platforms. But they have clearly shown that they won't change anything in that regard.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
given those issues don't exist on Android and given the iPhone version was beta tested I'm really surprised. It's like they made last minute changes and didn't bother to do any testing.

latest tables on Android are the most stable releases I've seen in ages.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
While I like the new tables quite a bit, I'm (again) a bit shocked at the lack of quality control on the side of FS.
Especially Space Shuttle. Unplayable on the iPhone thanks
to unusable viewing angles, the ball counter not working, the high scores are not saved.

The lack of polish is too apparent.

It has been said again and again on here before, but FS is spreading itself too thin: Release cycle too fast, too many supported platforms. But they have clearly shown that they won't change anything in that regard.

As a consolation, Mars Attacks is free this month. Great for me as I haven't purchased it yet. :cool:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
given those issues don't exist on Android and given the iPhone version was beta tested I'm really surprised. It's like they made last minute changes and didn't bother to do any testing.

latest tables on Android are the most stable releases I've seen in ages.

Who on here is an iOS beta tester? Were these issues reported during testing? I saw a lot of beta discussions on the Android side in the last two weeks but no comments for iOS.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Just a heads up, guys: the bumpers on AFM and FP have been improved (plus the AFM right orbit issue is fixed), but you'll need to go into the Manage Tables tool and delete and redownload those tables to get the latest versions. Farsight will be submitting another bug fix update soon that will force those tables to redownload.

I'm confused about how this process works. I deleted both AFM and FP then redownloaded them by going into the table selection menu and pressing 'start' for each one. Checking back in 'Manage Tables' the version for both is the same as the version on an iPad which I haven't updated yet:
AFM v5
FP v2

Am I missing something? Also, what are the newest version numbers for AFM and FP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts