Bug iOS Version 1.2.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Device/OS:iPad 4/iOs 6.1.3

Bug Description: Button in Star Trek table activating the action zone under it (right flipper or tilt).

Steps To Reproduce:Start a game in Star Trek, adjust type of touch zones and position of button and the game works right. Leave the application and restart again, when you start a new game, the button will register the action of the zone under it (flipper or tilt according to position of the button), for example in my case, When I press the button it register as a flipper too, the ball is released and the selection I made to start it (warp 4) changes to another (lock) because the filpper is activated with the button. The way to correct this is to change the button position before the start of any new game, but the bug will occur again when you come back, so you need to do this always before starting a new game.

Frequency: always

I followed your steps to reproduce, but am not seeing your bug. Touch Scheme A, Show Touch Scheme On, Button Position 45%, played, quit table, force-closed TPA, restarted TPA, played Star Trek; I'm not seeing the "flip + button action" combo (my Warp 4 selection is what ends up in play).

iPad4, iOS 6.1.3

Shot in the dark; have you tried this with multiple Touch Schemes?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the FREE version...I've had both on all my devices since I first downloaded it. It's a valid and useable work-around until they sort the issue. Use it and play or don't use it and wait...

The free one crashes for me just like the pay one. At least I can play on the mini.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The issue related to the saved game file, and it becoming corrupted. This is why it works for some people, and doesn't work for others. As has been mentioned already, a fix is complete, and has been submitted to Apple. This problem didn't arise at all during beta testing. I worked with the coder to send him crash logs until fairly late last night, then he spent the rest of the night working on a fix.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Cool. Something a coder should do. Hopefully he was well rested and anticipated problems and had already set time aside for it. I would expect nothing less, even from myself.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
The issue related to the saved game file, and it becoming corrupted. This is why it works for some people, and doesn't work for others. As has been mentioned already, a fix is complete, and has been submitted to Apple. This problem didn't arise at all during beta testing. I worked with the coder to send him crash logs until fairly late last night, then he spent the rest of the night working on a fix.

Thanks for putting in the extra effort Gord. I'm sure everyone here appreciates it.

night

May 18, 2012
Updating to the latest iOS learned us that we where stuck with ball stuttering issues. Just fired-up ST:TNG on my iPad2.. it plays choppy as hell. And all this for just €4,49

LukeT

Jan 22, 2013
I followed your steps to reproduce, but am not seeing your bug. Touch Scheme A, Show Touch Scheme On, Button Position 45%, played, quit table, force-closed TPA, restarted TPA, played Star Trek; I'm not seeing the "flip + button action" combo (my Warp 4 selection is what ends up in play).

iPad4, iOS 6.1.3

Shot in the dark; have you tried this with multiple Touch Schemes?

Thanks for the reply, tried the same configurations as you did, and the bug continues, pressing the button activate the zone under it, not only during the ball launch, but during all the game, have to make the button reposition procedure again to solve this, here is happening all the time, maybe I'm just unlucky.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Known issues in v1.2.8:

• The HUD in FunHouse may be incorrectly displayed.
Yup, on my iPad 4, the HUD in FunHouse (and Bride of Pinbot) shows the second row of the display twice. No first row. So, you can't see your score during the game and you can't enter your name at the end. Nice.
I've just encountered this as well, iOS 6.1.2, iPad 3 wifi.

Do we know how this can happen when the table itself doesn't get touched? If I had to guess, I'd assume it's to do with whatever type of machine it is, given someone else reported it happening on BoP and I've seen it on Funhouse. Are there any other tables that would use the same base I could test?

Tmaxx2473

May 26, 2013
I have ipad3.all updates current.got pinbot/centaur when released.worked fine.on Sunday,can't play any tables.press start on any table won't load.crashes.what to do know.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I have ipad3.all updates current.got pinbot/centaur when released.worked fine.on Sunday,can't play any tables.press start on any table won't load.crashes.what to do know.

what to do.Try deleting.the app.and reinstall.

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
Device: ipad 3
Table Affected: Centaur/Pinbot
Frequency: 100

they somehow forgot to include the achievements for These two new tables. And, yes, pinbot high scores Keep resetting.

i played Circus voltaire after a Long time and the lock for multiball bug is STILL there...

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Device: ipad 3
Table Affected: Centaur/Pinbot
Frequency: 100

they somehow forgot to include the achievements for These two new tables. And, yes, pinbot high scores Keep resetting.

i played Circus voltaire after a Long time and the lock for multiball bug is STILL there...
Game Center only allows 100 achievements in total. With 4 per game, we had already maxed them out before this release.

Who's fault is that?
Debatable.

Apple set up and runs Game Center, but FarSight could have had less achievements per table, allowing for more than 25 tables before they hit the max.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Apple set up and runs Game Center, but FarSight could have had less achievements per table, allowing for more than 25 tables before they hit the max.

Ooh, don't get me started on FarSight's epic fail implementation of Game Center. :rolleyes:

Tmaxx2473

May 26, 2013
Thanks sotie.deleted app,reinstalled app.all tables work know.lost all scores and goals.but that's ok,get to play pinball again.thanks for advice.

Terry Ingram

Sep 14, 2012
Downloaded the free version of the app, and everything works fine. The paid version crashes every time on my iPad mini. Why does TPA continue to have two versions of their app? What's the point? It sure seems to cause a lot of headaches, I know that.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Ok, happy i did not update yet. But ok, fix underway.

But what happens now, and what shold i do?

Will there be a new update and then the old one will be removed on ios appstore? Or should i do 2 updates, this one and the fix, when the fix is there?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Ok, happy i did not update yet. But ok, fix underway.

But what happens now, and what shold i do?

Will there be a new update and then the old one will be removed on ios appstore? Or should i do 2 updates, this one and the fix, when the fix is there?

There will only be one version in the app store, the most recent.

Here's what I think you should do... backup your iPad in iTunes to your pc (to make sure iTunes has a copy of version 1.2.7). Download the new version 1.2.8 using the app store on your iPad. If it works for you then great! If it doesn't work then delete the app from your iPad (don't forget to backup save data remotely within TPA before you delete it. Next, connect your iPad to iTunes on your pc and load the app directly to your iPad. This way you can get back the older version that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts