Bug iOS Version 2.7.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Must be a background app, I have an ipad 3 and WW runs perfectly.
Nope, no background apps are running. Believe me, I know since I always close all apps after use and especially when testing issues like these. Power-cycles as well as resetting the device (hold Sleep/Wake at the same time as the Home button, wait for Apple logo, release both buttons) have been tried numerous times. I've also reported in the past that I've restored the iPad 4 as a totally new device (not restoring from a backup), then installed *only* TPA and the Whirlwind table with the same stuttering...and this was on two entirely different iPad 4's. I have both the iPad 3 as well as the iPad 4 and as you've stated, the iPad 3 runs Whirlwind perfectly smooth. The problem exists ONLY with the iPad 4 and Whirlwind. No other tables are affected. A few others have also reported the same stuttery performance running Whirlwind on the iPad 4 so I figure I'm not alone.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Oh ok, perhaps there is a hardware quirk with the iPad 4, it does use a different chip set. I just played a few games of WW to test (on my ipad 3) and the latest build plays perfectly. With all the platforms and system versions FS supports I suppose problems like this are to be expected.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Oh ok, perhaps there is a hardware quirk with the iPad 4, it does use a different chip set.
Good point. Still, with the iPad 4 being approx. twice as fast as the iPad 3, it just seems strange that it has worse performance on this specific table (in my experience) for some odd reason.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
the iOS operating system won't let apps be active in the background. it's sort of a limitation of the device.

Absolutely not true. TPA could continue downloading the table in the background if they wanted to do that. I've got apps in the store that will download from the network while they are backgrounded. The only limitation is you only get 10 minutes to do that. After that your app will be suspended.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Absolutely not true. TPA could continue downloading the table in the background if they wanted to do that. I've got apps in the store that will download from the network while they are backgrounded. The only limitation is you only get 10 minutes to do that. After that your app will be suspended.

This is correct.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Cam type frozen in lock mode

Device:

iPad 4

Description:

Cam type won't change (stays in lock mode), but when cam type button is pressed, cam angle changes. Cam angle button functions as it should.

In other words, both cam type and cam angle buttons changes the cam angle... But cam type is frozen in lock mode.

Frequency:

100%

Additional comments:

I noticed this after deleting older versions of 2 tables (own all tables).

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Device/OS:
iPad4/latest iOS

Bug Description:
Ball still passes thru flipper when hitting 1 ball with the other.

Steps To Reproduce:
If 2 drop towards flipper stacked one above the other, the ball on top launches up while the other goes thru.

Frequency:
Happens enough to make me scratch my head in disbelief.

Additional Comments
This last occurrence happened on T2. Ball also still phases thru held up left flipper at the end of Insanity Falls in WH2O.

Last edited:

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
Nope, no background apps are running. Believe me, I know since I always close all apps after use and especially when testing issues like these. Power-cycles as well as resetting the device (hold Sleep/Wake at the same time as the Home button, wait for Apple logo, release both buttons) have been tried numerous times. I've also reported in the past that I've restored the iPad 4 as a totally new device (not restoring from a backup), then installed *only* TPA and the Whirlwind table with the same stuttering...and this was on two entirely different iPad 4's. I have both the iPad 3 as well as the iPad 4 and as you've stated, the iPad 3 runs Whirlwind perfectly smooth. The problem exists ONLY with the iPad 4 and Whirlwind. No other tables are affected. A few others have also reported the same stuttery performance running Whirlwind on the iPad 4 so I figure I'm not alone.

You are not alone, identical stutter on my iPad 4, only on WW.
Portrait, Cam 1, scrolling.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
You can safely delete previous versions of the table on your device. In fact, TPA will only use the newest table version on the device and ignore previous table versions. In the past, I did some testing with older versions of tables that I deliberately put on the device (by using iFunBox) to try and pinpoint some specific table issues. The app always checks the table version number and if it's not current, it will download it (I've never tested what would happen if I were NOT online).

I'm not sure why your TPA is hanging on to these older table versions...regardless, you can safely delete them.
where would i find these older versions that can be deleted ? iPad mini 6.1.3 latest TPA version

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
where would i find these older versions that can be deleted ? iPad mini 6.1.3 latest TPA version
I doubt you can find them for download. I pesonally archive mine by using iFunBox. Once they've been updated/replaced by the app, there's no getting them back. For this reason, they are of no use unless you run an older version of the app as well as the older table version(s). Running the newest version of the app always downloads the newest table version if it does not exist on the device.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm assuming the Magna Save buttons no longer working in Black Knight is related to the launch button issues reported above.

I did find it amusing that after updating The Champion Pub I played a game a saw a ball shoot through the left side of the table for the first time, given a fix for the ball falling through the floor was in the update! It's an iPad 3rd Gen with the latest iOS release - hasn't happened before or since.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I doubt you can find them for download. I pesonally archive mine by using iFunBox. Once they've been updated/replaced by the app, there's no getting them back. For this reason, they are of no use unless you run an older version of the app as well as the older table version(s). Running the newest version of the app always downloads the newest table version if it does not exist on the device.
ooops i need to clarify what i meant. I meant where on the iPad are these located ? If they are piling up i want to delete them .

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
ooops i need to clarify what i meant. I meant where on the iPad are these located ? If they are piling up i want to delete them .

Check under "Manage Tables". If you see duplicate titles, dump the ones you want erased. Usually, the older ones get erased automatically tho' and you should see only the latest version.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I've posted this to the Cirqus Voltaire forum, but the following are still present in 2.7.x:

Not sure if it's still worthwhile to post bugs to Cirqus Voltaire as there are so many already, and there have been calls to overhaul the whole thing, but I have been plagued by these and I didn't see them on Sean's master list yet:

(All bugs found on iPad 4 / 6.1.3)

- Camera does not return to plunger while exactly one ball is locked for Highwire Multiball.
Description: If one ball is locked for Highwire Multiball, and a ball needs to be plunged, the game does not change to the plunger camera. The ball can only be plunged by engaging the right flipper which plunges the ball at full strength (no opportunity for a skill shot). This does not occur when zero or two balls are locked for Highwire Multiball.
Frequency: I think 100%.

- Second ball locked for Highwire Multiball does not "settle" properly.
Description: When locking the second ball for Highwire Multiball (either traditionally or sneakily), often times the ball does not come to rest properly on the first ball that is already locked there. Often times, you'll hear the "two balls colliding" click repeatedly and the game gets stuck. A nudge to the table usually fixes this, but it's a nuisance and if you don't know to nudge the table, it's a game breaker.
Frequency: 50-80% of the time. Sometimes the ball collision click doesn't happen, sometimes it does. Sometimes the "Ball 2 Locked" animation plays on the DMD before settling the ball properly, sometimes it doesn't. This one is a bit inconsistent in its behavior, but it seems to happen more often than not.

- Camera does not move to backglass for Cannonball Run
Description: If you begin engaging the flippers too early during Cannonball Run, the camera may remain focused on the table with the action going on above your field of view. This seems like the complimentary doppleganger of Bug 07-015.
Frequency: 20% or less. I haven't seen this all the time, but it does seem to be more likely if I hit the flippers very early for Cannonball Run.

Also, I can absolutely confirm Bug 07-016 (Starting new game leaves table in attract mode). That same bug also afflicts Funhouse.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Not sure if it's still worthwhile to post bugs to Cirqus Voltaire as there are so many already, and there have been calls to overhaul the whole thing, but I have been plagued by these and I didn't see them on Sean's master list yet
The bugs you've reported have been logged & are long-standing issues. But please keep reporting them...it just adds to the validity of the user submitted bug reports. Now whether or not FarSight ever fixes these long-standing issues is another story. But at least we've done *our part* by reporting these bugs, along with how to reproduce them. Sadly, that's pretty much all we *can* do. :(

Also to note: in the CV master issues list, *none* of the reported bugs are marked as "Acknowledged" by FarSight, despite the fact that they are so reproducible and many have been reported over a year ago...not a good sign.

Last edited:

densming

Dec 23, 2012
Device/OS: iphone 4 ios 6.1.3

Bug Description: downloading of tables stops when the phone is in sleep mode, and the progress bar returns to zero when the phone is put out of sleep mode.

Steps To Reproduce: downloading a table

Frequency: always

Additional Comments:

I agree that is is an issue. On slow networks it sometimes takes a long time to download a table or an update to a table, so it's a pain to have to remember to tap the screen every minute to prevent the download from stopping.

TPA could fix this by adding code that prevents the device from going to sleep while it's downloading a table ([[UIApplication sharedApplication] setIdleTimerDisabled:YES]). A developer can control whether the device goes to sleep, so sleeping could be prevented during download and allowed during the rest of the game.

Travelbugsteve

Aug 14, 2013
Ipad

Cirque Voltaire

Cannon ball feature on face board,s flippers not working.

Overall standings not showing my proper Game Center login name

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I agree that is is an issue. On slow networks it sometimes takes a long time to download a table or an update to a table, so it's a pain to have to remember to tap the screen every minute to prevent the download from stopping.

TPA could fix this by adding code that prevents the device from going to sleep while it's downloading a table ([[UIApplication sharedApplication] setIdleTimerDisabled:YES]). A developer can control whether the device goes to sleep, so sleeping could be prevented during download and allowed during the rest of the game.
for the time being just set autolock to never until download completes then return it to previous setting. I always do this on plug power as well rather then battery.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
for the time being just set autolock to never until download completes then return it to previous setting.
Just don't forget to change it back from "Never" to whatever setting it was previously or you may find yourself with a dead or depleted battery. ;)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Also to note: in the CV master issues list, *none* of the reported bugs are marked as "Acknowledged" by FarSight, despite the fact that they are so reproducible and many have been reported over a year ago...not a good sign.
A lot of the bugs for the older tables do not have updated statuses (stati?); many of them are listed as "Unknown". There are two reasons for this. One is a technical problem - unfortunately I can't go into details. The other is that the older tables are from before the time I had beta access. Many of the acknowledgments occur in the context of beta builds, especially on iOS where there's that 8- to 10-day window between submission and release - anything discovered then is almost certainly going to be reported by someone on release, and since it was discovered in beta too late for a fix, I can jump the status straight to "Acknowledged" or sometimes even "Fix Pending". But I was not part of the beta testing for the older tables, so I don't have that option on them.

Members can help by re-reporting the old bugs, preferably in that bug's original thread (click on the colored title of a bug in its master issue list to jump straight there). This is the one time it's OK to necropost.

I may start a public monthly "bug hunt" with one or two of the older tables at a time, especially the ones that have a lot of "Unknown" bugs, so that we can clear off what's been fixed or what was never really a bug in the first place, and leave a clean list of "real" issues for FarSight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts