iOS Version 2.9.0 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

night

May 18, 2012
Ehh I'm really worried these past few packs just aren't selling.

I always go to the in app purchases and see what's selling. This so far has a worse opening than Haunted House/Teed Off, which didnt stay in the list very long as it was.

It's not hard to see that fans are responding to the the lower quality release packs by simply not buying them. The only table pack in recent memory that is still charting is Whirlwind and Champion Pub.

You don't want to know how Class of 1812 looks on my iPad2 (see iOS bugs). I am not going to pay money for that, fan 'r not.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
You don't want to know how Class of 1812 looks on my iPad2 (see iOS bugs). I am not going to pay money for that, fan 'r not.

Victory is also a low resolution, awful looking playfield. What's going on? Is Farsight having budget issues? It's like how the PSVita version got (ok maybe not that bad but still).

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ehh I'm really worried these past few packs just aren't selling.

I always go to the in app purchases and see what's selling. This so far has a worse opening than Haunted House/Teed Off, which didnt stay in the list very long as it was.

The fix is simple. FarSight just needs to put out more Williams stuff.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
The viewing angles are tweaked on this table pack for some reason, but view 4 in portrait seems to work the best for 1812. Fun tables.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Victory is also a low resolution, awful looking playfield. What's going on? Is Farsight having budget issues? It's like how the PSVita version got (ok maybe not that bad but still).

Farsight have started another non TPA project. I'm wondering if something has got to give when they run out of PHOF re-releases. Either quality or quantity, and I hope quantity.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
now that i have played class of 1812 and victory several times (insta buys as always) my worse complaint is victory playfield all off center. This was a glaringly obvious bug why wasn't this caught in beta ?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It almost looks as if the Victory playfield scan was possibly the same scan (old, low resolution) they used in Pinball Hall of Fame (on the PSP at least)

I asked Bobby about this yesterday and he said they completely stripped it down and rescanned the playfield art.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
now that i have played class of 1812 and victory several times (insta buys as always) my worse complaint is victory playfield all off center. This was a glaringly obvious bug why wasn't this caught in beta ?

I think they ran out of time. When the first beta was released 2 weeks ago, it was so early, it was considered an alpha and they acknowledged there were camera issues. Each subsequent release thereafter it was always stated, along with other problems, camera issues. I was personally waiting for the beta release that stated that camera issues were fixed so that I could then offer suggested tweaks. Then all of a sudden, it was released.

So now we've got camera distances too far and off center. Oh, and playing with a special ball skin on HH renders the ball invisible in the attic. This was pointed out in beta, but apparently never acted upon.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
I just had a ball locked in Victory's eject hole somehow and I got to plunge a second ball. Is there a multiball hiding somewhere that's not in the rules? When I drained it released the eject hole ball and let me continue play.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Instabuy for me as always, and I'm sure a lot more of us. Really don't like these tables at all. Nothing to do with TPA, it's just for me, they're no fun.

Gonna keep practising though, see if they grow on me but to paraphrase Peter Griffin; I will see TPA next month.....

£100 says I'll be trying in an hours time...

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Both tables seem to be fun however poor graphics makes them so uninspiring. Then camera angle. "They're optimized by table to table" but by what measurement? Well, at least please let us camera setting store par table...it's nearly 40 tables now. It's sad now older tables will not be improved probably because they don't have time for at all. I was hoping more when I purchased season 2 pass... I mean, generally I enjoy TPA very much and thank FS for making this. But please do something to gain quality. I've just got Zen's new StarWars tables and can't help comparing. They're from scrach so a lot more work but graphics and sounds are so great on iPad2 with iOS7 (which is considered heavy).

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Are there any folders for these tables yet? So I can hassle people to post their tips?

I only have about 30 points on each so far (24M on 1812, 13M on Victory) so I need to learn what I'm doing. Victory looks like it should be easy with all those possible EBs

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I absolutely love 1812, not in the same way as I love RBION, CftBL or White Water, but it´s a silly, easy table with instant multiball (that can over as soon as it started thanks to absolutely no ball saver) and charmingly cheesy voices ("my name is Peter, I´m a red meat eater").

*BURP* oh, excuse me!

Victory is pretty wacky. I have yet to form a solid opinion on it, but given that John Trudeau made it, it certainly can´t be too bad. It feels very unique at the very least, and I kinda enjoy the music and callouts. And it has loud spinners, always a big plus in my book :)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Not feeling the new camera angles, dark/muddy playfields, and attract screen camera on the new releases.

Production values seem to have taken a step backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts