iPad Pro

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Well, it's bigger, more pixels, more power.

Also, new Apple TV was announced with touch controller...could see TPA on that too!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
A side-by-side split view for running two apps at once. I've always wanted this.

EDIT:

I guess that's also possible on the iPad Air 2...but I still have an iPad 4.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've been waiting for this for a long time. Now that I see it at $799, I'm gonna pass. Comic books and pinball just ain't worth that price.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Having an iPad 2 that's starting to cough and splutter, this would be my next upgrade. don't really want to draw on it with the worlds most expensive stylus though.

Who's going to be the first to try TPA on it come November........

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
The bigger screen will make the low-res table textures look even worse... no thanks for me.

This, and how will the bigger screen affect nudging? I.e. a longer reach distance to the side nudge areas? Maybe the difference is not that big to make an impact, or using a different touch scheme will help.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's also possible on Windows 95 ;)

Well played.

The nice thing about an iPad is it doesn't melt your lap though. :)

Being able to play a game on one half of the screen and stream a movie on the other half while sitting on the can sounds like a dream come true. I think I'll get one eventually if the price drops a bit.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
A 128Gb Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is available for just over $800 on Amazon. And it comes with a pen.

Compare that to how much a 128Gb iPad Pro will set you back... without the pen. And with iOS, not OSX.

Apple have just run into a glut of inevitable comparisons with a competing product that has already been on the market for a while now, and the only thing going for it is the screen and LTE support. (Okay, and the ability to play TPA on it. Are we sure TPA won't run on a Surface though? Anyone tried to install Steam on one?)

When I see the number of folks running around here with Surface Pros, I can only imagine it's similar at other places, and for once Apple are going to be trying to get their foot into the door with a more expensive and more limited product.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts