iPad shaken nudge

Samandor

May 31, 2013
Trying to get a handle on iPad shake nudge - to me, this is key to the optimum iPad TPA experience. It sounds like many don't like it, because it's difficult to control, and there's no vertical nudge. Re control and sensitivity - I've noticed that sensitivity changes with angle, i.e. the shake sensitivity is at minimum if the iPad is flat, and is increased as it is tilted - more than 45 degrees and it becomes unmanageable.

While this can be used as an added element of control, I wonder if it would be possible for FS to add a fixed sensitivity adjustment to the shaken nudge? Along with vertical nudge? These are features for which I'd consider buying pro versions.

Codeena

May 5, 2013
Trying to get a handle on iPad shake nudge - to me, this is key to the optimum iPad TPA experience. It sounds like many don't like it, because it's difficult to control, and there's no vertical nudge. Re control and sensitivity - I've noticed that sensitivity changes with angle, i.e. the shake sensitivity is at minimum if the iPad is flat, and is increased as it is tilted - more than 45 degrees and it becomes unmanageable.

While this can be used as an added element of control, I wonder if it would be possible for FS to add a fixed sensitivity adjustment to the shaken nudge? Along with vertical nudge? These are features for which I'd consider buying pro versions.

I agree that it would be best to have much improved motion-enabled nudging would be the best! Plus, I was thinking that if Farsight could add the ability to set your iPad or iPhone in place to determine its "zero point". Then from there, you can adjust the sensitivity or the accelerometer, somewhat like what the iOS game Labyrinth had.

Samandor

May 31, 2013
I agree that it would be best to have much improved motion-enabled nudging would be the best! Plus, I was thinking that if Farsight could add the ability to set your iPad or iPhone in place to determine its "zero point". Then from there, you can adjust the sensitivity or the accelerometer, somewhat like what the iOS game Labyrinth had.

I like that idea even better.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
For me, the problem is not with the sensitivity but the delay in the shake. I'm not sure why it's there, but even on the Galaxy S3 and the Note 2 it's there to some degree as well.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I usually play TPA in landscape mode holding my iPad vertically. And yeah, nudging is really wonky. I don't know why TPA won't include a sensitivity slider. It can't be that difficult to make it work. Age of Pinball implements it really well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts