ipad to tv adaptor ?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There's no way to play TPA on a TV from an iPad or iPhone. The frame rate drops, and the physics get messed up, making the game difficult to play.

Banditboy67

Mar 30, 2014
Would one of these work?
121299413220_1.jpg

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I've played through Apple TV and that is definitely not the answer. There is a lag between what happens on the tv and what happens on the iPad making it impossible to play. Don't the make an HDMI cable for the iPad?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, there are two ways.

One is AppleTV, the other is the Digital AV adapter that plugs into the port at the bottom and gives you HDMI out.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, there are two ways.

One is AppleTV, the other is the Digital AV adapter that plugs into the port at the bottom and gives you HDMI out.

I had the digital AV adapter for my ipad2. It was a complete waste of time. It slowed TPA down on the tv and the ipad's screen. When I unplugged the adapter the framerate went back to normal.

Banditboy67

Mar 30, 2014
I had the digital AV adapter for my ipad2. It was a complete waste of time. It slowed TPA down on the tv and the ipad's screen. When I unplugged the adapter the framerate went back to normal.
Thanks' for that, dig some digging around on ebay and the reviews were just as you stated so don't think i'll bother.

Chellspecker

Apr 20, 2013
I have played games using a MacBook Pro connected to TV via mini display port to HDMI adapter and theres no lag or framerate issues. Apple's display output for their computers is a much better, dedicated connection than the one on their mobile devices, which uses the same single output/input for data transfer, charging, and any display adapter you use. I was playing Faster Than Light on my iPad and getting angry at the touchscreen controls, so got the Mac version and hooked it up to my 40" TV (and Cerwin-Vega speakers with vintage Marantz amp!) for a pretty kick-ass sound and image combo. I love combining old and new technology. I don't know much about the Mac version of TPA, but think you would have better results connecting a PC or Mac computer to TV than iPad. The screen mirroring does work on an iPad through Apple TV, and not some older laptops, like mine. Ah, connectivity.

Members online

Members online