Iphone 6 Plus Question

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I just got an iphone 6 plus and was wondering if TPA was optimised for the larger screen? It looks good if it is stretched but it not quite as sharp as it did on my iphone 5. You can see the ladder effect on the flippers now (aliasing?).

Does anyone know if it is stretched or optimised, and if it is stretched, are there any plans to optimise it for the bigger screen?

Cheers

Last edited:

Sublime

Jul 26, 2012
The game is definitely not optimized for the iPhone 6 plus yet. I jailbroke my iPhone and there is an app called Force good Fit. It's supposed to upscale every app to 1920X1080. With the Pinball Arcade the tables look sharper when they are force fit. However the viewing angles become incorrect. The view is way too far away and you can see the entire apron.

I'm hoping someone from Farsight can chime in and let us know if there is any planned native support in the future for us iPhone plus users.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
The game is definitely not optimized for the iPhone 6 plus yet. I jailbroke my iPhone and there is an app called Force good Fit. It's supposed to upscale every app to 1920X1080. With the Pinball Arcade the tables look sharper when they are force fit. However the viewing angles become incorrect. The view is way too far away and you can see the entire apron.

I'm hoping someone from Farsight can chime in and let us know if there is any planned native support in the future for us iPhone plus users.

I hope they can optimise it, but judging by the lack of 6 plus users I don't think it would be high on their list of priorities.

How are you finding the phone? My ipad hasn't been used much since I got it. It fits quite nicely in my pocket too despite being fairly large. I play a lot more of TPA on the go now I have a bigger screen.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I hope they can optimise it, but judging by the lack of 6 plus users I don't think it would be high on their list of priorities.

How are you finding the phone? My ipad hasn't been used much since I got it. It fits quite nicely in my pocket too despite being fairly large. I play a lot more of TPA on the go now I have a bigger screen.

This is what I keep thinking about when I start looking at tablets. I'm going to most likely get a 6s Plus when they come out next year(I knew I should have waited when I bought my 5s! :mad:).

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
This is what I keep thinking about when I start looking at tablets. I'm going to most likely get a 6s Plus when they come out next year(I knew I should have waited when I bought my 5s! :mad:).

It is a great phone, as long as you don't mind using both hands to txt!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
It is a great phone, as long as you don't mind using both hands to txt!

Not at all! ;)

I didn't realize how much I would miss the extra screen real estate when I got my 5S. I was using a GS3 that was nothing but trouble, and I needed a phone that could actually hold a charge or a signal. I love my 5S(it's cliche, but it just works), but I'm really looking forward to a 6S Plus!

Last edited:

Sublime

Jul 26, 2012
I love my new 6 plus. I had iPhones for years and finally went to a galaxy s4 because I wanted a bigger screen. I had nothing but problems with two different phones in a year. Then apple announced the new phones and I wad used to the 5" screen. I didn't want to go backwards to a 4.7" iPhone 6, so I went larger and got the plus. I love the extra real estate. Honestly 95% of my descion to get the plus was because I wanted to play the Pinball Arcade on a bigger screen.

Since I got the new phone I never use my iPad anymore. With my old 4S I would use it every day. I haven't been playing tpa mainly because the graphics are so bad when stretched out. I'm super hoping they make a native version and it will be perfect.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I love my new 6 plus. I had iPhones for years and finally went to a galaxy s4 because I wanted a bigger screen. I had nothing but problems with two different phones in a year. Then apple announced the new phones and I wad used to the 5" screen. I didn't want to go backwards to a 4.7" iPhone 6, so I went larger and got the plus. I love the extra real estate. Honestly 95% of my descion to get the plus was because I wanted to play the Pinball Arcade on a bigger screen.

Since I got the new phone I never use my iPad anymore. With my old 4S I would use it every day. I haven't been playing tpa mainly because the graphics are so bad when stretched out. I'm super hoping they make a native version and it will be perfect.

TPA was one of the reasons I got mine. I went from an iPhone 5 to the 6+ but it was playing FT on my girlfriend's S5 that made me want a bigger phone. I don't think TPA is too bad looking on it, it would just be better if it wasn't stretched.

I think the only time I'll use my ipad now is to read comics.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Just bumping this thread, any word from Farsight on 6+ support yet? I figured it would make it in after a couple of updates, but nothing yet. Is it hard to implement or is it just a case of "flicking a switch".

At the moment the lack of support really doesn't do TPA justice which is a shame.

Sublime

Jul 26, 2012
Just bumping this thread, any word from Farsight on 6+ support yet? I figured it would make it in after a couple of updates, but nothing yet. Is it hard to implement or is it just a case of "flicking a switch".

At the moment the lack of support really doesn't do TPA justice which is a shame.

They just received an iPhone 6 plus last week to do testing on. They said they will look into it. Maybe once they work the bugs out of Addams Family they can focus on some support.

shanecole

Nov 2, 2012
Now on the 6s plus and still the tell tale "game centre login banner" being oversized shows it's still zooming to iPhone 5 resolution, still no support for 1080x1920 ??

shanecole

Nov 2, 2012
Maybe they could do a Kickstarter to fund optimise (use the native resolution) the damn game for devices that have been out for over a year now (6 plus) and then the 6S plus would benefit too. Stretch goal could be support for the iPad pro native resolution before the next iteration of that is out too...

Seriously in February they said they got a 6 plus.... How hard can it be? I don't even dream of suggesting using some of the significant amount more horsepower these new devices have to improve the lighting effects.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts