iPhone as 2.screen/DMD

Longi

May 30, 2013
Hello FarSight!

Is there any possibility in near future to couple my iPhone via bluetooth with my iPad to play TPA as a little PinCab?? That would be awesome! The API seems available like "Amidio Inc." (Futulele + remote app) or "DrumKick" does.

Please make it possible :eek::rolleyes:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yes, this would be cool.

This API is quite common actually - a number of games have external iphone "controller" apps that hook up to the main app for communications. Using one as an external display shouldn't be anymore difficult. It doesn't have to be fast, either since the iPhone side can run just the display ROMs so very little actually needs to be communicated...

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well, the screen would have to be in sync for any DMD game that has a mini-game. It would be pretty cool to have, and something I'd be willing to pay for to support development (since I can't see it being a free update - too specialized).

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I just finished building my iPinCade today. I would love to incorporate an iPhone into the backbox as a dmd display.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, the screen would have to be in sync for any DMD game that has a mini-game. It would be pretty cool to have, and something I'd be willing to pay for to support development (since I can't see it being a free update - too specialized).

Given the way other apps work where the iPhone is the controller and the iPad the display, i would think the response time would be adequate otherwise those games would have horrible controls.

Heck, it's only a 128x32 display (x2 bits to get you 4 levels) which isn't a lot of data.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.