Is Pinball After Dark still an upcoming thing?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They mentioned during one of the twitch broadcasts that it has not gone beyond the discussion stage. So they haven't started really working on it yet. So don't expect anything anytime soon.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just haven't heard a single bit of information about it since it was announced almost 8 months ago.
In the interview with Norman Stepansky (in the Podcasts/Interviews section as part of a BlahCade episode) he said it was something they'd like to do. But that is what FarSight says to any question of upcoming features.

My personal opinion is that Pinball After Dark was a cruel 12 Days of Christmas troll. The reason it was a troll is that the announcement suggested it was being planned and executed. This was not the case.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would love to see some of the mature tables you would expect with the title. I could imagine they would even throw in a title that's on the fence of maturity just to bolster the selections. But it seems this project has no wind behind its sails so I am not holding my breath for it, either. Mid 2015 at earliest would be my best guess.

Wehrwolf

Oct 25, 2012
Thanks for the replies, good to know.

I agree with jaredmorgs, I remember it sounding that it was an announcement of something that was happening / already being worked on. Ah well.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I sent them an email to congratulate them on a job well done on reaching 50 tables,i also asked about Pinball After DARK, won`t be this year too many things at the moment.i also asked about PC LIGHTING andPS4 3D,no dates they are working on them.i also asked about SORCERER andEIGHTBALL DELUXE,answer: both of these are highly requested,so we`ll see what we can do to possibly get those into our game as soon as possible. I think we just have to be patient they are trying there best with a small team.look we have 50 tables GEEZ that's more than I dreamt of getting when I first started buying TPA. :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
They said they've always been sorely stretched thin with staff, and the loss of some key employees makes the situation that much worse, since it takes about six months to get a new hire to get up to speed. Their number one priority is getting the tables for the main game done. PAD, Cabinet Support, and all the other stuff people want are only getting worked on when there's free time after the work for the monthly tables is done, which something tells me is not very often. They aren't lying or misleading, it's just there's a finite amount of resources at their disposal, and they need to prioritize. Yes, it is frustrating that they're working on another project, Orballs, even though it probably uses a modified version of the TPA engine, and they're doing cross-series connections and promotions, we still ought to get as mad as Song of Fire and Ice (the source material for Game of Thrones) fans when author George Martin said he hadn't finished the series because he was busy with "other projects." Didn't go over too well, and if he is still working on other projects, he's keeping it to himself. FS should get the same message.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
An "After Dark" series of pins means re-creations of Playboy and Big Bang Bar and such, right?

Well, if they make them, I will buy them.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I think Farsight announce things way too soon, while they're still ideas rather than plans.

Pinball After Dark? Not heard anything in months.
3DS version? Got cancelled, and no word on the "downgraded" version in months, if not over a year (I don't think we'll see it any time soon, if at all).
Wii U version? In limbo.
New UI? Still waiting.
Addams Family? That one is finally paying off, but they announced it at a time where it could have gone either way.

Farsight... just keep it to yourselves for a bit longer. For the fans sake ;)

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I think Farsight announce things way too soon, while they're still ideas rather than plans.

3DS version? Got cancelled, and no word on the "downgraded" version in months, if not over a year (I don't think we'll see it any time soon, if at all).
Wii U version? In limbo.
New UI? Still waiting.
Addams Family? That one is finally paying off, but they announced it at a time where it could have gone either way.

+1

You hit the nail on the head

Don't know what to believe anymore from them

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
An "After Dark" series of pins means re-creations of Playboy and Big Bang Bar and such, right?

Well, if they make them, I will buy them.

No doubt and i'd definitely be game for those too.I genuinely hope Pinball After Dark gets made someday, my wild guess would be perhaps around Season 5 time.If Pinball After Dark gets made then i think one of the launch tables would most likely be Tales from the Crypt(or Freddy).But so far no Data East table has ever been released on TPA.Another guess would be that Season 4 will not see a Data East table either.Hence maybe Season 5(or Season 6) will be the advent of Pinball After Dark, Data East and Tales from the Crypt.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013

Wii U version? In limbo.
New UI? Still waiting.

+ some head-to-head multiplayer mode mentioned near pc release

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

Wii U version? In limbo.
New UI? Still waiting.

I thought about the new UI when I read this thread. I really thought that the new UI would have come out by now.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Oh and speaking of Christmas trolls. Remember the new GUI and Linux version? :D
At least the new UI has been made into a "project" and not a "best effort". So that means that the UI can actually get a roadmap of sorts and be slotted into the gaps.

Both Zen and ASK Homework have opted for a grid style table selector, which works well. I hope that as time progresses the guys at FarSight will adopt this menu approach as the UI progresses.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.