Is there or is there not a reasonable chance to get The Addams Family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
They couldn't. Addams Gold has different art, cabinet livery, voice calls. Think Stern LE vs Pro.

Ah, I assumed it was just cosmetic. Still, it would be a cool bonus that Farsight could add to make the pro mode worthwhile. It would have to be a stretch goal as they'd need to source a Gold cabinet and obviously develop and test against two different ROMs. But could work.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
I'm a bit off topic, but for an almost new player, what do you mean exactly by "kickstarter"?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm a bit off topic, but for an almost new player, what do you mean exactly by "kickstarter"?

Kickstarter is a community funding project that people use to help get ideas off the ground. If someone has an idea that people want to get behind, they start a kickstarter campaign to raise the funds. If enough is pledged by a deadline, everyone's credit card is charged the pledged amount, and if it isn't reached nobody is charged.

This is how Farsight has managed to secure the license rights for Twilight Zone, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Terminator 2.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Kickstarter is a community funding project that people use to help get ideas off the ground. If someone has an idea that people want to get behind, they start a kickstarter campaign to raise the funds. If enough is pledged by a deadline, everyone's credit card is charged the pledged amount, and if it isn't reached nobody is charged.

This is how Farsight has managed to secure the license rights for Twilight Zone, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Terminator 2.

OK tx, i knew the concept but didnt know the name ;)

Chellspecker

Apr 20, 2013
I have almost no experience playing real pinball machines, and have gained what little skill I have from TPA. Today I walked into a new cafe in my neighbourhood and what should I see but The Addams Family pinball machine in the flesh! Apparently the owner has a pin collector friend who is interested in putting more tables in the back of the cafe and turning it into a bit of an arcade. I played a few games (at a loonie a pop or three for a toonie it's a hell of a lot more expensive than TPA!) and it's an incredibly entertaining game. Cousin It, Mamushka, the electric chair, the hand coming out and grabbing the locked balls for multiball are all fantastic features. What a blast. After plugging the machine with a few more coins, I was really wishing The Pinball Arcade had a version of this game, even if just to save me some money in future. I will definitely be back to improve my high score, and for anyone questioning the merits of this table, I can personally vouch for it's overall fun factor. I'm stoked to see what other tables they bring in there, and eager to play more real pinball. Maybe I should start looking for table to buy?

Bruttus

Dec 27, 2013
I have almost no experience playing real pinball machines, and have gained what little skill I have from TPA. Today I walked into a new cafe in my neighbourhood and what should I see but The Addams Family pinball machine in the flesh! Apparently the owner has a pin collector friend who is interested in putting more tables in the back of the cafe and turning it into a bit of an arcade. I played a few games (at a loonie a pop or three for a toonie it's a hell of a lot more expensive than TPA!) and it's an incredibly entertaining game. Cousin It, Mamushka, the electric chair, the hand coming out and grabbing the locked balls for multiball are all fantastic features. What a blast. After plugging the machine with a few more coins, I was really wishing The Pinball Arcade had a version of this game, even if just to save me some money in future. I will definitely be back to improve my high score, and for anyone questioning the merits of this table, I can personally vouch for it's overall fun factor. I'm stoked to see what other tables they bring in there, and eager to play more real pinball. Maybe I should start looking for table to buy?

Oh no.... Another has fallen victim to the the draw of the Addams Family!

Welcome to the ranks of the huddled masses waiting to hear the slightest word on FS getting anywhere with TAF licensing..... Lets hope your wait is short lived!

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Not trying to be insensitive here, but couldn't Raul Julias estate probably do with the money in this day and age, especially as it's not a cash in cause? From the outside I can't really see what the problem is.

You would think that something like Monster Bash would be similarly difficult to get and they managed that and cftbl without a kickstarter even.

With a new Adams family film possibly in the works, I think this will need to happen sooner rather then later otherwise it wont happen at all (like T2)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Not trying to be insensitive here, but couldn't Raul Julias estate probably do with the money in this day and age, especially as it's not a cash in cause? From the outside I can't really see what the problem is.

You would think that something like Monster Bash would be similarly difficult to get and they managed that and cftbl without a kickstarter even.

With a new Adams family film possibly in the works, I think this will need to happen sooner rather then later otherwise it wont happen at all (like T2)

What the heck is a "cash in cause"?

I don't think any of us know what the financial situation of Raul's widow is and we still don't know who is holding up the process.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah, I had long felt that Monster Bash should have been a difficult one as it requires five, or possibly six, separate licenses, albeit all from Universal Studios, yet it looks like putting the table in here was no problem.

Apparently, the Julia estate is not happy with some of the things Raul has performed in in the past, and they're deeply fearful of tarnishing his name. If the Schulz estate or the Geisel estate are anything to go by though, they loosen up with time.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
What the heck is a "cash in cause"?

I don't think any of us know what the financial situation of Raul's widow is and we still don't know who is holding up the process.

The impression i get is that they aren't doing the Fred-Astaire-Dancing-with-a-Dirt-Devil-in-a-commercial type thing.

Yeah, I had long felt that Monster Bash should have been a difficult one as it requires five, or possibly six, separate licenses, albeit all from Universal Studios, yet it looks like putting the table in here was no problem.

Apparently, the Julia estate is not happy with some of the things Raul has performed in in the past, and they're deeply fearful of tarnishing his name. If the Schulz estate or the Geisel estate are anything to go by though, they loosen up with time.

If I recall correctly, Universal was happy to allow the monsters to be used and quite amicable in their dealings with FS, much like Cassandra Peterson was.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, Universal was the anti-Disney in terms of cooperation. So what other Universal properties had pinball made out of them? I know 'Waterworld' did.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
There's the live-action adaptation of The Flintstones as well, though of course there are a lot of actors' likenesses on it, as well as having to deal with Hanna-Barbera (which, based on what I've seen, is usually quite accomodating like its parent company Time Warner; on top of that, the Flintstones brand has fallen out of popularity, as can be seen with Fred and Barney's absence in today's Pebbles cereal commercials). Jurassic Park was Universal as well, and obviously so is Jurassic Park: Lost World. (Despite the Crichton connection, Congo is from Paramount.)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
There's the live-action adaptation of The Flintstones as well, though of course there are a lot of actors' likenesses on it, as well as having to deal with Hanna-Barbera (which, based on what I've seen, is usually quite accomodating like its parent company Time Warner; on top of that, the Flintstones brand has fallen out of popularity, as can be seen with Fred and Barney's absence in today's Pebbles cereal commercials). Jurassic Park was Universal as well, and obviously so is Jurassic Park: Lost World. (Despite the Crichton connection, Congo is from Paramount.)

Other Universal machines:

- Back to the Future: The Pinball
- Hook
- Congo (I think? maybe Paramount?)

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
What is the likelihood of the golden limited edition making the cut over the standard version? I think we'd all prefer the limited.

To be fair i would prefer the Standard edition has a much better flow the Gold rom has to much stop and start for my liking

Yeah, I had long felt that Monster Bash should have been a difficult one as it requires five, or possibly six, separate licenses, albeit all from Universal Studios, yet it looks like putting the table in here was no problem..

Must admit i have similar fears but was stocked when it appear so early on and no sign of a KickStarter....just how on earth did they do that!?

They couldn't. Addams Gold has different art, cabinet livery, voice calls. Think Stern LE vs Pro.

Nah i think this could easily be done, when i had my TAF table it was the standard table but just had the Gold roms installed (had the standard roms aswell), this could easily be added in the pro mode via a rom setting option

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Figures as much.

Maybe now we'll see commercials for those Flintstones vitamin chewable tablets again, and Fred and Barney can finally return to the Pebbles cereal commercials.

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
For the record, I just hit The Mamushka in Junk Yard's Time Machine and was disappointed to hear Raul Julia's voice had been subbed out. That said, I've never played Junk Yard in the real world so I have no idea if that's how it's always been.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
For the record, I just hit The Mamushka in Junk Yard's Time Machine and was disappointed to hear Raul Julia's voice had been subbed out. That said, I've never played Junk Yard in the real world so I have no idea if that's hope it's always been.

The real Junkyard pin doesn't use Raul Julia either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.