Is this game stuttering more after the Android 6.0 upgrade, or is it just me?

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
It seems like the game is skipping frames here and there, ever since the system update. Playing on a Galaxy S6 (not Edge).

I'm sure that isn't Farsight's fault, since they still need to optimize it for the current state of the OS. But since there wasn't a topic on this yet, I figured I'd make one myself.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
and I was hoping that 6.0 will solve that issue............ On my Z2 it stutters even on 5.1 so I had to go back to 4.4 just because of TPA.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've not noticed any issues on my Nexus 6p or Shield Tablet. Both are on Android 6.x

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I got, not what I'd call stuttering, but certainly not smooth gameplay on Taxi on my Galaxy Tab S2 8" running 5.x (really, Samsung are the worst when it comes to rolling out upgrades). It played okay on other tables though so maybe it's just Taxi.

I do have Marshmallow on my 'phone (LG G3) but I don't play TPA on it, except the odd test here and there.

Longi

May 30, 2013
hi.
Same problem here on my LG G4 with Android 6.0
I wrote to the fs support but nothing helps:

------ Originalnachricht------
Von: support@farsightstudios.com
Datum: Mo., 18. Apr. 2016 21:06
Betreff:RE: Pinball arcade & Android 6.0

Hello there!

Try going in to Pinball Arcade, options, then turn your textures and details to high, and your mip mapping on, if there is still lag try turning mip mapping off.

-----Original Message---
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 5:41am
To: "support@farsightstudios.com" <support@farsightstudios.com>
Subject: Pinball arcade & Android 6.0

Hi,
I have a LG G4 and running Android MM 6.0.
Since then there is always a little lag in the ball movement and the gameplay is overall laggy. I downgrade the game details and the accu-gameplay settings also with no success. Can you help please?
Greetings,
Longi.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
It has to be OS related. I got another LG G4 after the boot loop error and it had the old OS. The Pinball Arcade was lag free. The moment I updated the OS I started experiencing lag on all of the tables.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
it is OS related, or more likely kernel related since on Z2 with 4.4 runs OK, on 5.1 stutters and on 6.0.1 runs fine. But I did manage to mess up my tablet in the process of trying so I can't play now.

Longi

May 30, 2013
YES BABY :cool: :)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: support@farsightstudios.com
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. April 2016 22:27
Betreff: RE: AW: Pinball arcade & Android 6.0

We are aware of this issue, this happened with the latest Android update, but we are working on a patch. :)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:17pm
To: "support@farsightstudios.com" <support@farsightstudios.com>
Subject: AW: Pinball arcade & Android 6.0

Hi,
Doesn't help :-(
I tried every other settings also and doesn't get a smooth gameplay!
There are some more people out there with the same problem. Have a look please and help us! :)
[ http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...fter-the-Android-6-0-upgrade-or-is-it-just-me ]( http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...fter-the-Android-6-0-upgrade-or-is-it-just-me )
Greetings,
Longi

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I reported this issue nearly a year ago, when my Note 4 first got Samsungs tweaked Lollipop, still nothing done about this...
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php?p=207191

My Shield K1 is ok though running MM6.0.1 with TPA.

I wondered if it could be something to do with opengl. I know Samsung do some odd things as I had an issue with another app, and after the dev made a few simplifications to his code using older commands, everything started running faster.

I think Farsight still support Gingerbread though from 2012 launch.

Members online

Members online