Bug Issue with left flipper controls on latest build (vs 1.64.14 DX11)

tondagossa

Nov 2, 2013
I've tried searching on the forum, so I apologize if this is a repeat post or a known issue.

Seems there's an issue with the left flipper controls on every table after the last patch. After trapping the ball on the left flipper for some amount of time, the game will force the flipper to drop for a second or so. Seems to happen randomly on all the tables I've played. I haven't been able to consistently replicate the problem.

I'm using an Xbox One S controller (plugged directly with USB cable) with the Steam version of the game. Another player (during my Twitch stream last night) mentioned they were having the same problem with a Logitech controller. As far as I know, the right flipper seems completely fine.

As you can see here, during a multiball as one of the balls was going down an outlane (ugh) the left flipper just gives out, costing me the ball in that game. I did NOT let go of LB (mapped to left flipper) there. https://clips.twitch.tv/AliveProudJaguarHeyGuys

I really hope others can chime in with their experience with the bug and that it will get resolved right away. I'm really enjoying the new WCS table (and TPA overall in general). But this bug really renders the game mostly unplayable for me. :(

specs:
i7 3770k
EVGA GTX 1070 FE
16GB RAM
Samsung EVO 850 SSD

game locked at 60fps via Riva Tuner
pre-rendered frames set to 1 in NVidia settings

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I've tried searching on the forum, so I apologize if this is a repeat post or a known issue.

Seems there's an issue with the left flipper controls on every table after the last patch. After trapping the ball on the left flipper for some amount of time, the game will force the flipper to drop for a second or so. Seems to happen randomly on all the tables I've played. I haven't been able to consistently replicate the problem.

I'm using an Xbox One S controller (plugged directly with USB cable) with the Steam version of the game. Another player (during my Twitch stream last night) mentioned they were having the same problem with a Logitech controller. As far as I know, the right flipper seems completely fine.

As you can see here, during a multiball as one of the balls was going down an outlane (ugh) the left flipper just gives out, costing me the ball in that game. I did NOT let go of LB (mapped to left flipper) there. https://clips.twitch.tv/AliveProudJaguarHeyGuys

I really hope others can chime in with their experience with the bug and that it will get resolved right away. I'm really enjoying the new WCS table (and TPA overall in general). But this bug really renders the game mostly unplayable for me. :(

specs:
i7 3770k
EVGA GTX 1070 FE
16GB RAM
Samsung EVO 850 SSD

game locked at 60fps via Riva Tuner
pre-rendered frames set to 1 in NVidia settings

Does the issue occur when you use your keyboard? Have you tried with a new USB cable? Do you have any other controller devices connected?

tondagossa

Nov 2, 2013
Thanks for the response. :)

It doesn't seem to happen when I use the keyboard. The USB cable is fairly new, but I'll try a different one. I don't have any other controller devices connected.

The problem only started showing up during that stream (and not with any other game, as far as I know - I play Zaccaria, PinballFX, other games as well). Also, I haven't really been able to replicate it since that night. So I'll give it more testing and more time to see what happens.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for the response. :)

It doesn't seem to happen when I use the keyboard. The USB cable is fairly new, but I'll try a different one. I don't have any other controller devices connected.

The problem only started showing up during that stream (and not with any other game, as far as I know - I play Zaccaria, PinballFX, other games as well). Also, I haven't really been able to replicate it since that night. So I'll give it more testing and more time to see what happens.

Thanks for the report, let me know what you find out!

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.