It's Fish Tales!!!!! (and Season 3 discussion)

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Well the tilt bob is an adjustable component on any pinball machine. Why FarSight makes it more sensitive on a table like HH that requires the use of nudging more than, say, T2 which has a far less sensitive tilt, is beyond me. A guess may be that ball times were too long with more leeway. I was just pointing out that I thought some of the last tables have been a little too easy to tilt. This mainly affects the mobile platforms because there's no way to gently nudge the machine like in real life. It's all or nothing.

Relating to the thread topic though, this may not be an issue if it's closer to their last Williams pin, T2.

I would assume they are trying to incorporate the realism of tilt warnings, which are absent on early solid states like HH. Still, a HH in real life with a loose tilt can take more nudging than a TZ with a tight tilt, regardless of warnings. The only exception I can think of to this is BSD that basically always allow one hard shove even with a tight tilt. In my opinion, a harder table should have a slighter looser tilt and the tables with long ball times should be more sensitive than they are now.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I would assume they are trying to incorporate the realism of tilt warnings, which are absent on early solid states like HH. Still, a HH in real life with a loose tilt can take more nudging than a TZ with a tight tilt, regardless of warnings. The only exception I can think of to this is BSD that basically always allow one hard shove even with a tight tilt. In my opinion, a harder table should have a slighter looser tilt and the tables with long ball times should be more sensitive than they are now.

I've yet to own a System 80 Gottlieb so I can't speak to whether or not it makes tilt warning sounds but my Firepower does. It will make the tilt sound twice as a warning. It's the same "brrrrrr" sound as if you're tilting the machine but tilt does not activate until it's moved enough again. It's a selectable setting with the factory being 3 until tilt is activated.

In the end, I'm not going to cry and whine about how tight FarSight programs the tilt on these tables. I just thought the last couple Gottliebs were a little too punishing given the fact that you can't move the table just a little.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Nice one Carl. I played quite a bit of the FT at Special When Lit on the weekend and really enjoyed it. Will you be sticking with the lightning flippers?

Indeed I will. I know it was designed with full length flippers in mind, but it was shipped with lighting bolt ones, so in my mind, thats how it should be.

(Its another loaner btw)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Indeed I will. I know it was designed with full length flippers in mind, but it was shipped with lighting bolt ones, so in my mind, thats how it should be.

(Its another loaner btw)

I wonder how that works in terms of reproducing the table. I know they have stated Williams is strict on duplicating the tables as they are (hence no colored gumballs in Twilight Zone) but since this was something designed into the game, I wonder if they could release it with the original intended flippers or even an option to switch between the two.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Game should have lightning flippers. It flows pretty well with them, imho.

Games that were definitely not designed for them.

Dr. Who.
Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Pro mode should have flipper options to change the flippers on all three games.

ALso hurricane i've seen with lightning flippers on location. oddly enough, ti's actually EASIER with them. suddenly the center ramp becomes a complete joke to loop over and over and over and over and over....

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
They announced the table last week, I hope they will release it for the end of this week and not around the 20 as usual... that way they can get some rest for the holidays and we can play this damn table ^^

N

netizen

They announced the table last week, I hope they will release it for the end of this week and not around the 20 as usual... that way they can get some rest for the holidays and we can play this damn table

I hope for my own multi million windfall to sponsor FS to develop the Pinball gameb I want to play :)

Oh, and I also want to inform the world their tapatalk taglines can be disbabled in the app options :p

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hope for my own multi million windfall to sponsor FS to develop the Pinball gameb I want to play :)

Oh, and I also want to inform the world their tapatalk taglines can be disbabled in the app options :p

Seriously!!! If I hit any lotto I would basically say what's your price for this table. If it was big enough I would just bankroll them and give them my list. I don't think Indy Jones or Tron would be a challenge anymore.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013

I know I can disable the tag line, I just don't give a f**k ^^

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I know I can disable the tag line, I just don't give a f**k ^^

As the administrator of the board, I've asked people that install tapa-talk to disable the tag line. Since many were unable/unwilling to do so, any post with the tagline in the message will be unable to be posted to the forum.

N

netizen

Not sure if serious...

It was at the request of a German distributor that the bats were swapped for the shorter ones.

podcast 49 here has a great interview w/ Marc Ritchie where he mentions the development of Fish Tales and why Lightning Flippers were used.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.