Jersey Jack announces Pirates of The Caribbean

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
$8,500 for the standard, $9,500 for the LE, and $12,500 for the collectors edition. Looks super fun, but yow! That’s pricey.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Did get to play this today at the Pinball Expo before having to leave early. Can't really tell you too much about it as my one game was a blow out - under 5 minutes (where's the ball save!?). The immediate surprise for me was the ball speed. It was really slow for a modern game. You play any of the modern Sterns and the ball is lightning fast. JJ-POTC ball movement is pretty slow in comparison.

When you first start playing you get a screen where you pick from one of like 20 characters from the movies. Each character offers a different feature. Some were listed as "Coming Soon". But I ended up picking the young British Captain guy from the first film who gives easier mission goals - little did I know I wouldn't even get to the point of starting a mission. The two alternating spinning discs at the bottom of the table are really neat looking. And they really do impact the ball direction (one of my drains was from that). The mini-playfield tilting deck (upper-right) was also really neat looking but seemed kinda boring. Was watching one person who was able to spend a lot of time up there. The mini-playfield tilts heavily to the left and they were able to easily get control of the ball. Not much was happening when they would hit targets or go through the little half-loop lane up there but their score was going up - did hear the code was only 20% complete. I don't think I saw anyone get multiball come to think of it and none of the mission goals stood out. So certainly seems pretty early in its life.

I wish I had more time with it as my initial play didn't grab me like Dialed In did. But it for what little I got to play it seems as solid as the other JJ games in terms of build quality. Nothing felt or looked cheap to me.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
From the buffalo expo-stream they said there's 5 different places to light missions-one for each movie. Then you start the missions at the top chest shot (?). The more more missions you've lit before actually starting them the more you'll score - up to 5x if you light a mission from each of the 5 movies before starting the missions. There are 5 missions to complete from every movie also. BUT what these 5 missions actually are is chosen at random from game to game- with 150 or more missions in the game!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Sounds like a nifty idea but with such a massive number hopefully there’s not huge amounts of filler/duds) personally I’d rather have focused on a small amount while still giving great variety but hey....even at half that number, how many stinkers does it need to sink a ship! Never having played a jersey jack how does such massive variety compare to the other tables in both size and quality/fun

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
From the JJP website...

This fast-playing, challenging and feature packed game captures memorable scenes and elements from all top five motion pictures in the series, and hosts 3.25 sextillion game play variations, so you’ll never play the same game twice. Players can choose to play as one of 22 movie characters, fire their pinball-loaded cannon from the rocking Black Pearl on the upper playfield and enjoy features such as an interactive concentric map with 216 useable combinations for gamers to experience.

I assume this is a home players dream. Pretty much guaranteed not playing the same game twice. Read Crawley’s post about it playing a bit slow. I’m not surprised about this. Widebody pins always feel that way to me too. Not a big fan of the POTC movies (liked the first, bored with the others I’ve seen). But I really like what I have seen of this pin so far. JJP really knows how to do lighting, and doesn’t skimp on toys. Can’t wait to play one.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Another reason it might have felt slow is that unfortunately the jjp flippers are kind of weak and get even weaker after longer periods of non-stop play, so they probably didn't set the pin very steep.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Another reason it might have felt slow is that unfortunately the jjp flippers are kind of weak and get even weaker after longer periods of non-stop play, so they probably didn't set the pin very steep.

The weakening flippers could definitely be a factor. One of my drains was after shooting up to the mini play field ramp from a trapped left flipper. The ball almost made it up then rolled right down and center drained.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.