Joy2key does not work anymore on DX9 since DX11 beta

mikeww1

Nov 5, 2014
I updated PA to the latest version and tested DX11 today. Now I have a weird problem in the DX9 version.

I am using joy2key to translate my pincab buttons to keyboard.
That worked perfectly in PA. Now it only works in DX11 anymore but not in DX9.

Real keyboard and mouse work in DX9 but joy2key is not recognized any more.
If I switch between DX9 and DX11 joy2key works only in DX11.

It does also work in Fx2. It looks like something was changed in DX9 that causes that issue.

Please help me on that because I cant play DX9 anymore without that.

Kampfhendl

Nov 23, 2013
Eins versteh ich nicht, wenn wir jetzt Direct x 11 verwenden können, dann will ich doch nicht mehr auf die schlechtere Direct x 9 umsteigen. Wieso willst du dir das antun?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I updated PA to the latest version and tested DX11 today. Now I have a weird problem in the DX9 version.

I am using joy2key to translate my pincab buttons to keyboard.
That worked perfectly in PA. Now it only works in DX11 anymore but not in DX9.

Real keyboard and mouse work in DX9 but joy2key is not recognized any more.
If I switch between DX9 and DX11 joy2key works only in DX11.

It does also work in Fx2. It looks like something was changed in DX9 that causes that issue.

Please help me on that because I cant play DX9 anymore without that.

Hi mikeww1. Today I started having the same problem with joy2key in both DX9 and DX11. I was aware of your thread at the time. I tried rebooting, and it did not fix it. I started testing with various changed settings and, after nothing left to try, in the DX9 General Config tab I changed "Focus-sensitive Input" from the default "On (Ignore Input)" to "Off (Use Input)". Suddenly joy2key started working for me again at that point with DX9. But strangely after I changed "Focus-sensitive Input" back to "On (Ignore Input)" it still worked for me in DX9.

But joy2key does not work for me with DX11. Does it still work for you with DX11? Anyone else using joy2key with DX11, please share if it's working or not. Thanks.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Hi mikeww1. Today I started having the same problem with joy2key in both DX9 and DX11. I was aware of your thread at the time. I tried rebooting, and it did not fix it. I started testing with various changed settings and, after nothing left to try, in the DX9 General Config tab I changed "Focus-sensitive Input" from the default "On (Ignore Input)" to "Off (Use Input)". Suddenly joy2key started working for me again at that point with DX9. But strangely after I changed "Focus-sensitive Input" back to "On (Ignore Input)" it still worked for me in DX9.

But joy2key does not work for me with DX11. Does it still work for you with DX11? Anyone else using joy2key with DX11, please share if it's working or not. Thanks.

I found what has been causing my problem with Joy2Key. Details in this post of mine: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ree-Camera-Mod?p=208128&viewfull=1#post208128

mikeww1

Nov 5, 2014
Thank you for the information and research. I will try it in two weeks when I am back from vacation and back at my cab.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Thank you for the information and research. I will try it in two weeks when I am back from vacation and back at my cab.

You're welcome Mike. I later found a Solution to the rest of my TPA problems I was having with Joy2Key. My solution is documented in my post: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ree-Camera-Mod?p=208137&viewfull=1#post208137, which is the next one after the one I linked to above. (My solution post starts with the word "Solved".) I hope it helps to resolve your problem as well. My Solution is basically to now run JoyToKey in Administrator mode, to be compatible with my running of Steam or TPA in Administrator mode. (I only recently started to run Steam or TPA in Administrator mode, as that's expected by the Free Camera Mod which is also run in Administrator mode.)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts