Junkyard opinions?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I'm really interested about what people here think of Junkyard. I played in Maine once (in great condition), and thought it was a pretty good game for novices. I like the comedic aspects of the game (just as good as NGG) and I think that the Time Machine feature is frikkin' awesome. I also think we need more easy-medium difficulty tables so that people who aren't pinball wizards can join in and play. What do you think?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
looks interesting. I like the wrecking ball. from what I understand it's well recieved among tournament players. I think it's totally worth doing.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Also has a cool midnight madness feature that is pretty neat. I got this mode at 7PM so the one I play must need the clock set or something. I play it just about once a month at the pinball Parlour. Has some cool gimmicks like the wrecking ball, doghouse, and even a toilet. It's not my favorite pin but its fun for a play or two every time I see it.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Other than JY being Oursler's last pin for Williams there's not a lot of historical significance to this pin. However, since it's pricey and few were produced, many never have seen or played one. Also, there's something about this one that screams "fun" and the casual player will probably dig it, so...a TPA addition would be welcome.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's also got a boatload of references to other Bally/Williams machines. There's a Time Machine feature in the game that will pick a date fairly close to the launch date of a Bally/Williams table and play a mode from that table, to wit:

• Payback Time from Terminator 2: Judgment Day
  • The Mamushka from The Addams Family
  • Move Your Car from Creature from the Black Lagoon
  • Saucer Attack (the video mode) from Attack from Mars
There are probably more, but these are the ones I've seen.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Holy hell, does it really have all those references? Woah!

A local arcade's had it for several years now (and it's the only one they still have to this day) and it was quite fun from what I remember.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
No offense, but that's pretty arguable. A whole bunch of sounds and voices are taken from other Williams games, which are in the collection: and the Time Machine? Don't get me started.

I like the table but when do references to other pinball machines create historical significance? I was only looking at it from FarSight's stated reasoning point of view for the pins that they choose is often (not always) historical significance. Jeez! Don't have a cow, man! :p.

Let's also not forget that JY did not turn out the way Oursler originally wanted, which was the player collecting pinball parts from older games to assemble a pinball machine.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Let's also not forget that JY did not turn out the way Oursler originally wanted, which was the player collecting old pinball parts to assemble a pinball machine. An example of management stepping in and telling the talent that his idea wasn't universal enough and then, sh!tcanning him anyway to save money.

That's interesting. So what you're saying is that management didn't feel that someone playing the pinball machine wouldn't understand the concept of putting together a pinball machine. I guess this was before people knew what the word "meta" meant.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I think this table is a bit overlooked gem :)
Would love to see it in TPA as I have yet to find one on location :(

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
That's interesting. So what you're saying is that management didn't feel that someone playing the pinball machine wouldn't understand the concept of putting together a pinball machine. I guess this was before people knew what the word "meta" meant.

After going back and checking on this, Oursler wanted to make a game which included parts from previous pinball games but he couldn't get it to work right. Not something where management stepped in. I'm getting my pin history mixed up. Previous post edited.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's a fun game and the wrecking ball was a different feature to have. Not the deepest gameplay but it was definitely a fun playfield and entertaining. I would love to see it.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I play it just about once a month at the pinball Parlour.
They have one at the Pinball Parlour? Ah, man, I didn't play it when I visited a few months ago! :( Btw, I know this is off topic, but I was wondering what your opinion of the Pinball Parlour is. I, personally, was pretty disappointed. I understand that it must be hard to keep all of those machines in good condition, but almost every one I played had some sort of flaw that pretty much ruined the game. (One lock target was broken on White Water, so no multiball. The Pin*Bot drop targets on Taxi weren't working, no Jackpot, etc. Cirqus Voltaire was fine, though, and Diner was like new! But, it replaced Fun House. :p) Anyways, I still had a good time, and I was wondering what you thought about it.

Back on topic, I would love to see Junkyard. I mean, I've never played it, but it looks like it would be a lot of fun! (And I love easter eggs!)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
It's a fun game and the wrecking ball was a different feature to have. Not the deepest gameplay but it was definitely a fun playfield and entertaining. I would love to see it.

I'd also love to see it. Not every table in TPA has to have some super deep rule set. There are times where you just want to have fun playing. CFTBL is a perfect example of this.

Anyways,for the record - I'd like this in TPA

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.