Just completed an 11.6 billion game!!!

N

Nik Barbour

Nik, I tried doing post transfers last night too, and your description is right on. Doing it immediately sends in on a slingshot parade, do it a hair later, and I just send it up the right ramp. Actually, that's how I'm doing my transfers and why I'm trying to get good at live ball aiming with the left flipper!!

I can get the odd one approx 1 in 10 to do a safe graceful arc, but it's random for me, and not safe, so for now I just don't pass on this table.
I'll have to practice live ball aiming - cheers shutyertrap!

Nice score Advalle - Thanks, you've really got me back into this table.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
404715_10151176679128138_627779254_n.jpg

Bonus on 5 bill game.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wow....how do you kick so much arse without proper nudging controls, or are you just that good of a shot that you don't need to nudge? :)

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
No, im nudging a lot, as much as i can get away with no tilt. I nudge on the temple, when the ball lands on flipers and specially when the thing is out of control by the lower part of the playfield to avoid outer lanes. Yeah i dont know about nudge on consoles so im kind of happy with this nudging.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
No, im nudging a lot, as much as i can get away with no tilt. I nudge on the temple, when the ball lands on flipers and specially when the thing is out of control by the lower part of the playfield to avoid outer lanes. Yeah i dont know about nudge on consoles so im kind of happy with this nudging.

You use shake or touch?

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i have no problem post transfering on this table at all. i just feel like i am juggleing balls all the time; and i HATE how i earn an extraball without "truly" earning it. maybe i am the onlyone.

there is even a SUBMENU that remembers what extra balls you havn't collected.

Last edited:

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
when i play pinball i believe in PUNISHMENT.
whether it be your own mistake or the machines.
this machine does not punish me.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Finally got the hang of post transferring from right to left. Learning that has completely changed my approach to scoring. Not sure if that's a good thing or not though! I'm spending all my time getting the 2x table bonus before shooting a continent, but that opens up more opportunities for the ball to go askew before I complete a tour. Alternatively I've tried not shooting for it until I'm about to collect the tour bonus, but then I'm scoring a lot less each time. Still trying to figure that out.

I had a 430+ million score yesterday, too bad the leader boards aren't showing it :( That's been happening to me here and there and I don't know why, cause I'm 100% connected to the internet while playing. Also had my first ever collection of all the letters and then collecting Atlantis, so I got the 7 letter bonus at the end. Interesting to note that the next time I collected the tour, it gave me that bonus again (didn't know that would happen) but no longer lit the Super Jackpot afterwards. Yes Advalle, I shoot it and have yet to be burned for doing so! Anyways, I was on 3rd ball and really wanting those supers cause the only ones left gave an extra ball or special in addition to the points! Wound up losing the ball eventually going for the temple ramp for my 2x bonus and having it do a rogue bounce out the side.

So weird how this table has suddenly just clicked with me, especially since this thread started. For the 2 months I played this upon release, 100 million was a rare threshold I crossed, and now its a score I'm disappointed in!

EDIT I should point out, I don't do a lot of nudging. About the only time I consciously do it is when the ball is looking to bounce around the right outlane (cause it always seems to bounce down it), but other than that this is one of my least nudged tables. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So got a new high score of 638 million tonight. That took me 90 minutes to attain. Advalle hit a billion in the same time frame. Determined to be #1 on my friends list, as I've yet to do that on any of the tables. Standing at #2 right now (from those on the psn id list). Gotta keep on keeping on before the new tables drop and distract me again!

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Okay guys, just to clarify something about the mobile scores: I'm currently no 1 on RBION with over 20 billion - a score which I never reached. Early on the mobile leaderboards had some serious issues posting bogus scores and FarSight never rectified that. I think my real score was something around 200 MILLION and then had a few extra zeros added to that ;-)

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your input goforthewall, As a response to your message I sent an email to the developers to reset the leaderboards so everything gets set up properly. Way to go!!!

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
545390_10151188974533138_1952500170_n.jpg

Ok last one. Bonus on last 10.5 billion game couple of days ago. I love these bonuses. They rack up your scores really good.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Oh Yeah! That's a bonus!
My highest is about 420 Mil with a 2X bonus.
I hope you can post some vids too.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Just broke my record, now its 12.3 Billion now posted on leader boards. I have some new learning that I will share on a separate post(s). 62 Ripley Letters, 2 FF ( I hate the bastards). Sucks i didn't break my record by much (previous was 11.6B), but this game was only around 3 hrs... no ridiculous 5 hr session. My last 2 balls did most of the job, at around 5 billion between the two.

In my last two balls is were I decided I am going to tighten my game, tighter than a nuns ass. Meaning only chase Australia and perhaps North America (yeah forget about Asia, dont give me hell lol) .

Of course my FIRST 2 TOURS I chase every single point and continent and after that I start to tighten it little by little. The first continents I ignore are Europe, then Africa, then Antartica, then Asia. These forfeits go one by one as I get deeper and deeper in the points, and eventually when I am with my last two balls (at around 5Billion hopefully) I try to triple stack the continents if possible and move as fast as a teenager on the first night he pops his cherry, and as mentioned above only chasing Australia mostly (and NA if points are good).

Made a ridiculous mistake of trying to run experiments on my second to last ball about an Idea I have on North America, and I tilted the table and left me with the last ball. Oh well, I'm somewhat satisfied.

SlamCitySkates

Sep 20, 2012
I will throw in my Congratulations to you but, I'm throwing in some skepticism as well. Playing only on a PS3, I see 58 mobile scores above mine. Why are the mobile scores even on the PS3 leaderboard? Getting a 10+billion score on a PS3 seems to be highly unlikely (darn near impossible) in my opinion.

Isnt the highest score on the PS3 something like 3 Billion+? I take it the top one is yours!
Im on 900 Million and always discount the 10Billion+ mobile scores because I assume they are hacks. I could probably get higher as only now am I consistently getting South America and the 2x playfield just before the All Continents, but I wont be getting 10 Billion+ thats for sure. 900 million also massively tired me out.

Moved on to TOTAN now anyway.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Isnt the highest score on the PS3 something like 3 Billion+? I take it the top one is yours!
Im on 900 Million and always discount the 10Billion+ mobile scores because I assume they are hacks. I could probably get higher as only now am I consistently getting South America and the 2x playfield just before the All Continents, but I wont be getting 10 Billion+ thats for sure. 900 million also massively tired me out.

Moved on to TOTAN now anyway.

I am not on the PS3, so I don't know about those scores. All the 10+ Billion scores are not real except mine. I appear on No.8 at the iOS leaderboards behind 20+Billion scores that were created by a bug as well. The funny story is I always thought they were real scores and so I thought it was possible to get those points. After I got to 10+ Billion people told me they were bugged so in a way believing they were real got me up there.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.