Bug Keep Losing Progress

UvulaBob

Dec 25, 2016
Does anyone else have issues with goal progress just... disappearing? I've tried everything I can think of - turning off Steam cloud sync and making local copies of game saves. But when I come back to the game, I find that half the time, all of the progress I've made toward the goals has disappeared. I can't think of any reason why this is happening. Even when I complete some goals, and then immediately backup my save files, they're likely to be gone when I come back. I've tried backing them up while the game is running and I've tried after the game is closed. Same result.

This means that unless I can complete all of the Wizard goals for a game in one sitting, then there's no guarantee they'll be there when I come back. Given that, and given the fact that this bug has more or less been around since 2014, I think I'm ready to give up on this game. Farsight needs to get their act together if they want any more of my money.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
There is a long standing TPA bug that may be getting triggered, but it depends on how you're exiting the games you're playing.

Sometimes goals achieved will show, in-game, as achieved, but if you quit the game by choosing exit game from the options and then end the program before finishing a full game of that table before achieving a goal and ending a game - then goals achieved can be "lost" to the UI. Those goals might or might not still show as achievements on the steam side, even if the FS UI doesn't remember you getting them.

TL;DR - rage quitting can cost you goals, always let each game end by draining ball three.

UvulaBob

Dec 25, 2016
That doesn't make any sense. None of these files are marked as read-only. If they were, how would they get written to by the game?

In any case, it turns out the correct approach is to properly finish a game in which one or more wizard goals is unlocked. I'd suggest that Farsight get around to fixing this issue, but... well... we all know how that goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.