Kickback Pinball Cafe: My first Williams/Bally experience

On my trip to Pittsburgh last weekend, I had the opportunity to stop by one of the two pinball locations I wanted to go for: Bradish Street Pinball Parlour or Kickback Pinball Cafe. Obviously, I had to choose the latter due to the distance between the hotel and the locations. And I did not expect to have this much fun at a pinball location than ever before with any arcade I visited! It was about 4:00 when I arrived (It was hard to find a parking spot!), so I had an hour to get a few good games in before the owner closed down for the day. Also, since it was my first time playing these games, my scores actually came out pretty decently. Now, onto the games:

Banzai Run: This was officially the first Williams pinball game that I played. Ever. I had many other opportunities to play a Williams pin but missed out. Anyway, after entering and claiming my tokens, I aimed for Banzai Run first (because it's just so awesome!). I lost the first ball easily due to not being used to the setup over at Kickback, but quickly adjusted and performed well. I got multiball on the second ball, but never had an opportunity to go after the King, and a decent Ball 3. Came out with a score of 3,308,890, with a replay value of 1,700,000.

Theatre of Magic: Went after this game next, and wow, did I not expect this to happen, since I played the TPA version of this. From the very first plunge, the ball LITERALLY hopped off of the plunger lane, onto the glass, and down onto the playfield. THAT is pinball. Anyway, had a pretty decent game, juuuust reaching the Replay threshold of 538 million. My score was roughly 539 million. I claimed the Theatre bonus and 2 Jackpots from Multiball. I also came through with some other rewards as well.

Addams Family: 3rd game that I went after. Actually played two games of this, since my first one basically TANKED. (14 million; the Power got me on the 3rd ball, before I could start SHOWTIME!). I played very consistently on the next game, nailing the skill shot a few times and finding the Left Ramp pretty easily. Multiball was fairly easy to get to, despite the bookcase not working properly (though the Bear Ramp spotted GREED letters for me). On both multiballs, I claimed one multiplied Jackpot after restarting. I felt really satisfied when I claimed them. After the second game, I got a score of 157,949,730, with a Replay value of 64 million.

Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure: This was the last game I played before closing down. The owner was kind enough to give me an extra token due to it being 3 tokens instead of 2. I really enjoyed this game, and played through some of the modes, such as the Gunning video mode. I was somewhat fortunate on the right outlane escapes, and went fairly deep into the game. By the time I got a Replay for the game (and lost my 3rd ball), I thought, "Meh, why not?" and used it for a Buy-In. My score was then 713,420,530, and thus, the day was brought to a close.

It was a great day to play pinball over at Kickback, and I look forward to visiting many other locations in the future. (Hopefully, Bradish St. will be my next stop, where TZ still awaits in punishing me.)

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Very nice! I like to hear about the playing aspect vs the technical stuff. Although pinball has been mostly dormant (due to, I think, video consoles) it's coming back. Enjoyed the reading.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts