Latest trip to the Pinball Wizard Arcade (3/26/14)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I bought two "new to you" cars this week,and I figured that the best way to see how my newish car handled the highway was a short road trip! Funny how I found myself in front of the Pinball Wizard Arcade when I was done. :)

Impressions from this latest trip:

Nothing in the back room was on. I don't know if it was because all of the pins weren't working,but many of those we're working back when I visited back in February. Notables in the back included Bugs Bunny,Lethal Weapon 3,Jurassic Park,The Simpsons, and about 15 other tables. I did notice that Hercules did have a broken flipper.

Granny & The Gators is gone,and Baby Pac-Man still isn't working. Plus WOZ was down due to some LED issues. Okay,that's enough of the bad news!

I made it a point to play some of the incoming TPA tables - Junk Yard,Diner - and also some strong speculated tables like Road Show & The Party Zone. I also played Popeye (see my post in the Popeye thread). Looking forward to the 1st two,and praying that Road Show shows up in TPA this year...

Mostly,I played my favorite pins IRL - Banzai Run,TOM,ST Stern,STTNG,etc. All in good working order!

Honestly, the whole day was fun. Mostly because I had some company playing pinball with me. While my wife will play a few tables here and there,it's not really her thing. Also,my daughter had a friend with her,so I barely saw her during my time there yesterday. But we brought a newer friend from out Sci-Fi club,along - and she hadn't played a pinball table in many years,so seeing her have fun was a blast!

It was especially nice to be able to explain some of the goals to her,like on Who Dunnit? She really appreciated it,and learned quickly. I have TPA to thank for that. Also,explaining why Space Invaders is so rare,and then playing it was fun.

All in all,it was a good time. Simply having so many tables to choose from,in good to excellent working condition,will always make TPWA a fun day trip. I can't recommend it enough!

Oh yeah, some news!

Sarah told me she expects her Stern Mustang in the arcade in a week or so. Also,there is going to be a tournament upcoming in the late summer,where a bunch of new (to the PWA) tables will come into the arcade. I forget the exact number that she said,but I believe at least 10 to a dozen or so.

But they'll be a surprise until then...

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
Pinball Wizard Arcade isn't very far from where I live. For me, it's probably the same time it takes for me to go to Boston. Perhaps, sometime in the future, I can check this place out.

Bruttus

Dec 27, 2013
Pinball Wizard Arcade isn't very far from where I live. For me, it's probably the same time it takes for me to go to Boston. Perhaps, sometime in the future, I can check this place out.

I wouldn't mind checking that place out as well when I could get some free time if it is only an hr away from us..... I'm a Springfield guy myself......what are the chances of that ?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.