Lg g2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I'm looking into my next Android phone, and the LG G2 just recently came out on Verizon and AT&T. Has anyone tried TPA on it yet and have any insight on how the game runs? I've read reports of games causing the phone to get hot, taxing the processor, and causing lag and slowdown. TPA is pretty much the only game I'd play on a 5" screen, leaving everything else to my tablet, so I'd like to know how TPA runs on it.

Of course, I'm still waiting to find out some confirmed specs of the still-not-announced HTC One Max.

Thanks.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Shoot, no one has a G2? It's coming out on Tmobile this week, Sprint next month. I'm reading better things about it than the GS4.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
It not released anywhere yet, so how could anyone have it?

It has nice specs but I suspect that many 'Droid owners shy away from the devices without external SD options like the LG G2. The Apple-esque pricing model of more money mo' storage seems to be opposed by a lot of end users.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g2_vs_samsung_galaxy_s4-review-984.php

HTC One Max Specs - http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_max-5704.php

It's already out on AT&T and Verizon, and Tmobile people are starting to get theirs based on posts on XDA.

I was hoping to get the One Max, but between the lesser processor and HTC's uncertain future, I'm shying away from it.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, I've heard that, but there's no guarantee just yet. I also really want a new phone before my vacation on the 8th, my GSII has been wonky for a while and I don't need it dying when I really need it.

All that said, has anyone played TPA on a G2 yet?

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Well, someone has to try it out on a G2, and I suppose it'll be me. I put in a little time with it; so far, so good. The soft keys at the bottom of the screen are a bit of a pain because of the smaller screen (my other device is a Nexus 7, where there's more than enough screen). But a quick play of a few tables looks good so far, in case anyone else is looking at this phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.