Live stream NOW of PS4 gameplay

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Just watched the whole video. Is it me, or does the ball zip around the table much faster now, it's looks much more like a real table? Also, because the guy playing just doesn't use nudge, you just knew when that ball was going to drain, so a little randomness to the bounce occasionally would be great!

wolfson

May 24, 2013
yahoo when my ps4 arrives it`s going to cop a hiding in dark setting. how bloody good was that ? feel like I`m an ankle biter was again !!! that was fantastic. anyone complains about this needs there head read !!!! :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The "Dark" lighting setting looks great. Now that's the sort of lighting I remember from the arcades of my youth.

The only thing that looks a bit off to me is the spotlight effect around the inserts in Funhouse, but the other tables don't seem to have that.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Jeff you hit the nail right on the head when you said ,Now that`s the sort of lighting I remember from the arcades of my youth. ;)

an ox

May 28, 2012
I too am liking the look of the dark tables, although the ball is kinda hard to see in the dimmer areas.

It'd be cool if there was an option to make the ball itself a light source. Not realistic, true, but I bet it'd look cool on those dark tables.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I too am liking the look of the dark tables, although the ball is kinda hard to see in the dimmer areas.

It'd be cool if there was an option to make the ball itself a light source. Not realistic, true, but I bet it'd look cool on those dark tables.

Yah, glow-in-the-dark ball skin. : D

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
on whether the PS4 version has Vita remote play:

badgerdeluxe: apparently it is something that we need to do. but its super easy, from what i've been told from other devs. i just need to convince a few people

on PC DX11:

badgerdeluxe: I've been given no ETA on the DX11 update, as of yet

Please do!

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
I watched the Attack from Mars segment hoping to determine if the right orbit glitch that forces the ball to drain right down the middle 10% of he time exists on the PS4. It was fixed on the Android version, but was never addressed on he PS3. Unfortunately, the player never sent the ball to that orbit in the video.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The light display for Ringmaster Defeated at ~8:20 is quite nice. : )

In Creature, when they hit the multiball start, at ~12:11 you see the ball float across the Creature pit in the middle of the playfield, looks like it's moving from the side lane saucer to the plunger lane. : o Happens again at about 12:39. That isn't supposed to look like that, is it?

Also I'm a little worried that some of the late flips on Creature look like the player is getting flipper lag--Creature being one of the flipper laggiest tables on *PS3*---...but maybe they just have bad reflexes. Other people have said the PS4 version doesn't have flipper lag, so I remain hopeful.

EDIT: FarSight responded to my post about the ball floating through the Creature pit:

The Pinball Arcade That was a pre-release bug that has been fixed.

Yay!

Last edited:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
The light display for Ringmaster Defeated at ~8:20 is quite nice. : )

In Creature, when they hit the multiball start, at ~12:11 you see the ball float across the Creature pit in the middle of the playfield, looks like it's moving from the side lane saucer to the plunger lane. : o Happens again at about 12:39. That isn't supposed to look like that, is it?

Also I'm a little worried that some of the late flips on Creature look like the player is getting flipper lag--Creature being one of the flipper laggiest tables on *PS3*---...but maybe they just have bad reflexes. Other people have said the PS4 version doesn't have flipper lag, so I remain hopeful.

EDIT: FarSight responded to my post about the ball floating through the Creature pit:

Yay!

I wouldn't attribute how that play looked to flipper lag. That player was just very casually playing... no advanced techniques used. Just looked like sloppy play to me.

Alex

Aug 2, 2012
Ooh, loving the GI animation and how much that really makes Bride sing. Overall the lighting looks phenomenal and I'm desperately hoping I can get some decent rendition of that out of my crusty 2010 iMac once it gets backported to the PC version (yeah, I've given up on the Mac port).

But it looks like the weird 'spotlight' issue is still there, if in reduced form: the vassal name inserts (tell me that phrase has ever been spoken before in English) on Medieval Madness come off looking round even though they're rectangular, and a LOT of other non-circular inserts in many other games illuminate bits of playfield that they shouldn't. Bride's top heartbeat ramp lights a heart-shaped space, but shines straight through the steel ramp entrance that partially occludes it. Also interesting is that Medieval's green trough flasher lights the top side of the drawbridge even though it's underneath and AFM's center saucer's backside LEDs illuminate the top of the saucer, which they're behind. I don't know whether this is a weird implementation of bloom or that lighting in general is handled an intensely special way, but it's super weird and distracting. I love the specific way that lamp inserts form hard edges in dark lighting, and that's totally busted in a lot of games. Arg.

Meanwhile, the Theatre inserts are immaculately correct. Hmm.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.