Local Tournament Modes?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
When TPA came out last year I remember a local tournament option similar to what is available in PHOF:WC was talked about being a possiblilty when around 10 tables were out. Well, we're up to 22 and I was wondering if this is something we can look forward to seeing sometime soon? I liked being about to select a number of tables and a number of players and have the game select tables randomly to play. Right now if I'm playing TPA with my friends it's, "which table do you want to play?" "I don't know." (play a game or two) "Now what?" It's just not exciting like playing a tournament where one person can have a really good game on Medieval Madness, but totally choke on Circus Voltaire and lose his tournament lead. Plus it helps to force us to play tables we might not normally choose to play.

Also along these lines, anything similar to the Williams Challenge in the pipeline? I can say that forced me to play tables I didn't have any interest in trying and I ended up liking them a lot. And with the scoring goal to move on to the next table forced me to learn the rulesets of the tables to move on.

I just think these two features would really add to local play.

Thanks for listening (reading?).

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
That would be cool. Sounds like a good idea.
I wish consoles would get the hall of fame scoreboards. I think that alone would improve my playing my older tables I don't touch much.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
A placeholder menu option for tournament is still there in the PS3 version at least, its just a matter of when they decide to enable it.

I like the idea of adding the hall of fame scoreboard to the console versions even more though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.