Lyman's Lament

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Unfortunately, I don't think Flipper Codes are implemented as yet :( :( :(

Please shout out if I'm wrong though! :)

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Has anyone successfully pulled off the code for this (11l 1r 5l 1r 6l 1r) on ios?

I don't know if it works but I think you should flip both flippers before entering the code. Try to enter the code while the ball is in play, because right now it is impossible to flip the right flipper while the ball is still in the plunger (for IOS). FarSight uses the original roms so it should work. I also would like to know if the tournament mode on MM is working.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I got it to work last night by plunging then pressing and holding briefly both flippers at once, then starting the code ( 11,1,5,1,6,1....hear ' totally ' then hit the scoop. The mode only lasts until the ball drains. Also it doesn't count as a wizard goal doing it this way.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I got it to work(thanks!) and it did give me the wizard goal, but no 25x bonus.

Thats strange, I activated it 3 or 4 times last night and its still not ticked off in the wizard goals. Did you activate it this way or by hitting the scoop 44 times?

edit: just did it again, still no wizard goal.

Last edited:

pin pin

Jun 5, 2012
I definitely didn't hit the scoop 44 times, but I got the wizard goal. Do you get the 25x bonus? It gives me 0x.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I definitely didn't hit the scoop 44 times, but I got the wizard goal. Do you get the 25x bonus? It gives me 0x.

No, reading the instructions it says you won't get the x25 bonus but implies you will get the wizard goal. Maybe its because I beta tested. Oh well.

karl

May 10, 2012
Has anyone mastered this the hard way? Must be one of the most frustrating wizard goals yet. I'd be lucky if I manged to hit it 20 times in one ball.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Did it today. Best trick is to learn how to consistently hit the scoop shot from the right flipper. When the ball is kicked out, just keep both flippers up and the ball will roll over from the left to the right flipper. Rinse and repeat (a lot! :)). Even when you don't hit the scoop straight, there is a good chance of a fortunate ricochet from the phantom flip target at the right side of the Frankenstein targets. There are also some good chances for unintended Mosh Pit loop shots. I found hitting the scoop from the left flipper more difficlt and risky, especially for SDTM drains from the tomb target. The main challenge besides hitting the scoop is to keep aiming for it, even when the scoop starts all kinds of modes. It amazed me how high you can score from just hitting the scoop. The EB's from collecting three monsters and scoring 60M just pass right by that way. So mixing it a bit with regular play is tempting and somewhat risky but well worth it.
Slam23

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
~Tilts the current ball while Lament is active~ "Can't we all just get along?" :p

EDIT: Works on the iOS/Android platforms; just press both flipper buttons and then quickly enter the code. (Yes, I know that the ball launches if you press the right side; just hold until the right flipper goes up, THEN enter the code.)

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Just confirmed that you can do it with the flipper code on XBox. Doesn't give you the wizard goal for doing it the easy way, though...

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Huh, that's an interesting question! Might be worth some research...

Slam23 is right about the surprising efficacy of just shooting for the scoop over and over. Last night, I tried going for Lyman's Lament the real way on the Android version. I did a little bit of regular play whenever I got a multiball mode, but mostly I was just going for that Concert Hall scoop. I only got about 2/3 of the way there (30 hits), but it was a much higher-scoring game than I'd have expected, and I ended up getting Monster Bash and Mosh Pit Multiball without really trying.

WilliamPorygon

Apr 21, 2012
Okay, thanks for testing that out. I probably won't be able to play the new tables for until sometime next week; my controller's battery holder broke so I won't be on until the rechargeable pack I ordered to replace it comes in the mail. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.