Mac Version 1.0.8 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
1.08 sneaked out.

Facebook login seems to work now, my screen no longer stays black after logging in.

Talking of Facebook, someone posted a comment that there has been performance gains on less powerful Macs.

mitchismo

Oct 29, 2012
I've noticed no improvement in Twilight Zone. I'm wondering if it's necessary I delete the app and re-download. I may try that—it still operates at half the overall speed (not just frame-rate, but speed) as the other tables.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
I've had no improvement on my imac (Version 10.7.5; 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo; 8GB 1067 Mhz DDR3). However, it plays very nicely on my Macbook pro (Version 10.7.5; 2 Ghz Intel Core i7; 4 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3). I'm not sure exactly why it's fine on the macbook pro vs the mac. I hope they offer help for my mac as I have my best scores on it (over 5K HOF scores).

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
You are both running the game full screen right? The windowed version is known to slow the game down.

Why the game starts in an application window is anyone's guess - probably because there is no obvious way to exit the game properly (cmd-tab-q to exit, okay, but I never use that often to exit applications) in full screen mode - ridiculous lazy programming. They have had since March to add this basic functionality. There is no internal review by Farsight of what it's like to actually use the software? The game gets ported from iOS then rushed out for sale.

Last edited:

mitchismo

Oct 29, 2012
I'm running it full screen on an i7 Macbook Pro on 10.8. Twilight Zone is no better after the download. Every other game plays fine, but this one doesn't, no matter the adjustment. It's at roughly half the speed of the other games, even in its current iteration.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
You are both running the game full screen right? The windowed version is known to slow the game down.

Why the game starts in an application window is anyone's guess - probably because there is no obvious way to exit the game properly (cmd-tab-q to exit, okay, but I never use that often to exit applications) in full screen mode - ridiculous lazy programming. They have had since March to add this basic functionality. There is no internal review by Farsight of what it's like to actually use the software? The game gets ported from iOS then rushed out for sale.

Cmd-Q is a pretty obvious way to quit any Mac program.

MF_

May 23, 2012
I see no difference between 1.0.8 and 1.0.7. Facebook Connect still locks up the app. Twilight Zone is still super slow and unplayable in window or fullscreen.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
Cmd-Q is a pretty obvious way to quit any Mac program.

Having a simple 'exit' game button on the main game UI is more user friendly than quitting via an obscure keyboard shortcut combo.

Last edited:

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Having a simple 'exit' game button on the main game UI is more user friendly than an quitting via an obscure keyboard shortcut combo.

Cmd-Q for Quit. That is not obscure. I'm for anything that makes PA more user friendly, of course.

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
I am not sure anything was really changed in this update. I had twilight zone working on the previous version. It might seem a bit better. I am still not seeing new physics on the medieval madness table like I do on the iPad or iPhone.

Any posts about lingering bugs in 1.07 farsight just apply them to the 1.08 list.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Tried it today playing black hole. I was in window mode first, ickky slowdowns, so I held a ball in the right flipper and changed to full screen. Bizzaro land followed as the right flipper would only operate in reverse mode, i.e. hit to unflip! swapping back to window mode still the same, return to table menu, back in again, same problem. Exit to main screen, try another table and normality resumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.