Mac version!

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
All quiet on the Mac front. Last thing I think I read somewhere, a few weeks back, the DLC had been submitted to Apple and waiting for approval.

Hoping for some good news in June with DLC and lighting improvements in the next update!

Jay

May 19, 2012
Just got the collection and it's running fine on my iMac. I'm glad they re-mapped the keys.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Just got the collection and it's running fine on my iMac. I'm glad they re-mapped the keys.

Good to hear! I´ve been holding off on the Mac version because I heard these buttons troubles, but now that that´s sorted out I´m going to get it.

I have a newest gen Mac Mini with 8gb RAM - from what I´ve heard it runs well even on slightly older hardware, so that´s a good sign.

EDIT: I ended up not buying it after I realized the game is pretty much just a port from the iOS version, I somehow assumed it would look as good as the 360 version. It´s probably pretty easy to port from iOS to Mac, so that must be the reason why it´s on Mac first.

Does it have any kind of controller support? I have a relatively recent Logitech pad lying around here - the only thing I´d love a Mac version for would be playing with these nice big shoulder buttons, the main reason I enjoy the PSP version of PHOF so much.

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
EDIT: I ended up not buying it after I realized the game is pretty much just a port from the iOS version, I somehow assumed it would look as good as the 360 version. It´s probably pretty easy to port from iOS to Mac, so that must be the reason why it´s on Mac first.

Does it have any kind of controller support? I have a relatively recent Logitech pad lying around here - the only thing I´d love a Mac version for would be playing with these nice big shoulder buttons, the main reason I enjoy the PSP version of PHOF so much.

My Mac Mini is hooked up to my plasma via HDMI and I think it looks excellent - certainly better than the Wii Pinball Classic games which run 576i in the UK. No controller support for the Mac version, which I would also like, but I did mail Jay and ask him to put that in so hopefully someday that will happen.

Michel Deschenes

Apr 8, 2014
I'm running it on my mac pro. Runs like BUTTAH. Doesn't have the same fancy lighting the console preview video recently had -- but they posted on FB that they'll be improving that.

I've got the ps3 controller hookup running and that definitely helps their retarded control layout. Arrow keys? FOOLISH.

I set my monitor settings for 90 degrees rotated and full screened PA and it looks like this: http://imgur.com/SbnZA -- which is effing sweet, since I have a rotatable dell 24" monitor.

Edit: Finally works now, for some odd reason controller still flashes (i was expecting to stop flashing and go solid red light) like it does on ps3. However it works great once in the game, playing on my mac mini running in portrait mode (samsung sc27inch).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts