Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
New UI - 1080x1920 DX11 - the Start button on F-14 (and possibly other tables, not tried it) is obscured:

opQlawE.jpg

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
New UI - Pinball Arcade screen:
- If you're using the D-pad on a controller to navigate and change the sort from A-Z to anything else, the view is changed, but the pointer immediately snaps back to A-Z, which also gets the blue highlight.
- If you have a table highlighted, then change the sort so the table isn't visible, then use the D-pad to move the pointer back into the tables list, the list auto-scrolls until the previously highlighted table is in view. This is very disorienting. The pointer should just highlight the top-left table in the list when you move from the sort options buttons into the list.
- After the first time a table is selected and the mini info-screen comes up, the second and subsequent times the game automatically starts after a couple of seconds.
- At least for F-14, the info-screen shows my high score as 6.8M; the leaderboard correctly shows my high score as 99M and gives me 1000 HOF points. 6.8M is my Android high score.

Last edited:

bvg

May 13, 2013
I crash (sound/picture hangs for a second, then land on the desktop) whenever I finish the last table goal. The steam achievement is public, but after restarting the game the last goal is missing. Happens on every table.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I crash (sound/picture hangs for a second, then land on the desktop) whenever I finish the last table goal. The steam achievement is public, but after restarting the game the last goal is missing. Happens on every table.

That issue is known.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
This one, I'm not sure if it's a bug--it's just weird. But it's nowhere in the thread, so I'll put it here just in case.

White Water: Framerate gets really choppy on DX11.

I've missed quite a few skill shots on that table because the game decided to skip frames at the worst possible moment.

I never had this problem on my previous computer, which could only run TPA at DX9--but after building this new PC, every DX11 game runs fluidly EXCEPT White Water.

Has this happened to anyone else? This PC runs NBA 2K16 perfectly, so I know it's not weak hardware.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
This one, I'm not sure if it's a bug--it's just weird. But it's nowhere in the thread, so I'll put it here just in case.

White Water: Framerate gets really choppy on DX11.

I've missed quite a few skill shots on that table because the game decided to skip frames at the worst possible moment.

I never had this problem on my previous computer, which could only run TPA at DX9--but after building this new PC, every DX11 game runs fluidly EXCEPT White Water.

Has this happened to anyone else? This PC runs NBA 2K16 perfectly, so I know it's not weak hardware.

My framerate seems to be fine on my end, ignoring the sole issue (which happens to be collecting goals).

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
My framerate seems to be fine on my end, ignoring the sole issue (which happens to be collecting goals).

I don't understand this at all--I just tested the DX9 version to be sure, and yep, it runs smooth as silk, DX9's degraded visuals notwithstanding. DX11 still choppy.

And I was still able to get all the Table Goals (not Wizard Goals yet) on DX11. Weird.

EDIT: My TPA settings: (in windowed mode until the fullscreen issue is fixed)

msBhgsa.png

EDIT 2: Never mind, I found the problem.

I didn't know what MSAA was, so I just turned everything to its max. Turns out it's an anti-aliasing thing. Once I turned the values back to their defaults of 4 and 0, White Water played smoothly again.

This was not a bug--it was me. I apologize.

Last edited:

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Okay, now I have a REAL bug.

Elvira and the Party Monsters: Game crashed upon hitting the 1M shot, right as it was about to award me the Wizard Goal. DX11.

b0Qgeqd.png

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Okay, now I have a REAL bug.

Elvira and the Party Monsters: Game crashed upon hitting the 1M shot, right as it was about to award me the Wizard Goal. DX11.

b0Qgeqd.png

Farsight is definitely aware about the laggy goals and the crashing behind them, and I've posted this as a notice.

calderone

Feb 2, 2015
After last update (1.50.12 I believe), the crashing when making goals seems to have been fixed but now the achievements don't work.

I made all the standard goals on Red & Ted's Roadshow and no achievement.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
After last update (1.50.12 I believe), the crashing when making goals seems to have been fixed but now the achievements don't work.

I made all the standard goals on Red & Ted's Roadshow and no achievement.

I'll test this with TX Sector. I have a different build, but the bug may carry over regardless.

Goals still slow down upon first completion after entry into a table, though.

calderone

Feb 2, 2015
I just got the standard goals (skilled) achievement in Arabian Nights so that does work. I did the Roadshow standard goals again and again the acheivement didn't pop. Before the update, it did give me the Roadshow high score achievement. Do you need to own the table to get the standard/wizard goals achievements? I've gotten them on other free tables of the month, don't know if policy has changed.

But the constant freezing when hitting goals is completely gone for me and I don't notice any slow down when hitting goals so I am thankful for that.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I just got the standard goals (skilled) achievement in Arabian Nights so that does work. I did the Roadshow standard goals again and again the acheivement didn't pop. Before the update, it did give me the Roadshow high score achievement. Do you need to own the table to get the standard/wizard goals achievements? I've gotten them on other free tables of the month, don't know if policy has changed.

But the constant freezing when hitting goals is completely gone for me and I don't notice any slow down when hitting goals so I am thankful for that.

I'm actually not sure on that policy. I'll have to ask on that.

And it's not the constant freezing. Any subsequent goals collected are fine; it's just that the first goal upon entry that slows the framerate down.

crazywolf

Jul 9, 2013
Hi,

im not really sure about this on Arabian Nights, but for me it looks like the active flippers are a bit lower than on the real table.

PAR.jpg

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I think this may be in part that the flippers aren't correctly positioned. This table may need to be redone.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
There's absolutely no guarantee the flippers in the smaller pic are positioned correctly. The right flipper looks slightly steeper than the left even. Not saying the flippers on the TPA table are absolutely correct but you can't just compare to a random table vid screenshot.

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
Anybody else have a problem with not being able to change the resolution in the game? No matter what I do in the config, I cannot change the resolution. Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!

-Ski

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Anybody else have a problem with not being able to change the resolution in the game? No matter what I do in the config, I cannot change the resolution. Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!

-Ski

Launch Pinball Arcade

There should be 3 options in the following window that opens. One of them should be "Launch Configuration Utility". The settings are in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts