MB Tactics and Strategies

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Easiest and safest way to complete Drac Attack is to bring it into a multiball. Drac's a drain hazard in single-ball play. If you have to do it in single-ball play, try to wait until Drac is over to the right to minimize the risk of a quick drain. The timer resets to 30 seconds with every hit, so you have up to 2-1/2 minutes to complete the mode.

You're welcome. Use the ball launch button to activate special items during their respective monster's mode or Monster Bash. They don't do anything if the corresponding mode isn't running. On the 360 it's right stick down; for iOS there's a red button below the menu button. Not ideally placed as it's quite a stretch on an iPad, but there you have it.

Thanks for the tip. You're right, the times I haven't been able to complete Drac Attack is because I hit him and the ball drains. Its been a bit frustrating but I will use your strategy. Thanks!!

frogemoth

Nov 28, 2012
There is an easy way to shoot the monster mosh pit lane, shoot it once and when the ball comes back to your left flipper flip very late, this will make the ball go the the right bumper which will make the ball go into monster mosh pit lane again, if you are skillful you can score 10+ straight monster pit lane. Don't flip to late or you will lose your ball. Very easy to light monster mosh pit extra ball and monster mosh pit multiball that way.

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
Any tips for completing Mosh Pit Wizard goal? I got the timing for getting 4 balls in play down, but I find it very difficult to get balls under control in multiball on this table, making it very difficult to consistently get off a well aimed shot up the Frank ramp. I don't even know my best attempt, maybe 6 ramps or so.

Apr 8, 2012
Any tips for completing Mosh Pit Wizard goal? I got the timing for getting 4 balls in play down, but I find it very difficult to get balls under control in multiball on this table, making it very difficult to consistently get off a well aimed shot up the Frank ramp. I don't even know my best attempt, maybe 6 ramps or so.

I can't offer an easy method for completing this, it took me weeks, but I'll tell you how I finally got it. Start a new game and just go for Mosh Pit start right away. Once it's started, trap 1 or 2 (preferably 2) on the left flipper and 1 on the right. Now just hold on to the 2 on the left and make consecutive shots from the right. If you miss, just concentrate on getting control back (a ball back on the right flipper) and continue. If you lose the ball you had on the right before you complete the goal, go for a cradle separation of the 2 you had on the left flipper so that you have one on each and keep going. If you fail out of the multiball, restart the game and try again. The key is getting consistent on your shots to the Frank ramp from the right flipper either from a cradle or on the fly. The best situation is completing many consecutive shots on the fly since the ramp returns directly to the right flipper.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
2012 PAPA Circuit Final - Round 8 has just been posted and is a great example of different MB strategies going head-to-head in a tournament round: one player goes for Frank multiball, one for Mosh, one for Creature shots, and one for Monster Bash (actually maybe that was more like a Mosh strategy that then switched to Bash when it got close).

Last edited:

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Actually that was pretty strange to watch. There is a video from another Papa tournament where all players tried to stack as many monsters as possible first before going into any multiball. Mosh all day long gives you decent points if you are good with that shot but nothing beats Monster Bash (or Monsters of Rock) for points.

What I didn't know was that you can hit the Start button to use the collected items...that will help in future.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I love that Lyman made the spinner on MB so lucrative, but nobody takes advantage of it! Nice to see Werdrick melt that thing.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Actually that was pretty strange to watch. There is a video from another Papa tournament where all players tried to stack as many monsters as possible first before going into any multiball. Mosh all day long gives you decent points if you are good with that shot but nothing beats Monster Bash (or Monsters of Rock) for points.

Yeah, the reason they're going for relatively sure points here rather than a super-high score is that the Circuit Final is four-player single-elimination format, in which the person who comes in fourth is eliminated, while the other three advance--so you don't need the highest score, just not the lowest.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Yeah, the reason they're going for relatively sure points here rather than a super-high score is that the Circuit Final is four-player single-elimination format, in which the person who comes in fourth is eliminated, while the other three advance--so you don't need the highest score, just not the lowest.
Competitive pinball sometimes gets weird like that, especially in situations where you don't need to win, you just need to not lose. Even in my much-more-modest league, when I step up to play, say, AC/DC, I think "do I need to really knock it out of the park, or do I just need to not suck?" I play vastly different games in terms of general strategy and tactics (song choice, stacking choices, etc.) depending on which situation I'm in.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Okay how the heck do you collect the special? That is how do you make the ball drain in the outlane that's lit? :) is there a simple shot doable from a trap?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It's your launch button, similar to how Troll Bombs work on MM. The right stick, I believe, is your manual plunger.

I'm 99.9% sure it acts as the plunge button as well but I automatically use the a button on my controller (x on a ps controller) for them so that throws in the .01% not sure if it actually works for items

Members online

Members online