Medieval Madness is TOO HARD

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
I played the battle for the kingdom 50 times or more, but i lost all of them. :mad:

For me it's probaly unpossible to win it if the trolls are guarding the castle gate and
until the troll bomb bug isn't fixed i will not play MM again.

During most of my bftk modes i can shot the battle jackpots with only loosing
one ball so i had three balls in play to hit the castle gate, my best try were 5
hits on the castle gate. If i could save the troll bombs for the final battle i think
it would be not so difficult to win the battle.

By the way i reach the bftk in every third game i think, but i played MM for
more than three weeks before i reached it the first time. For me the castle
crusher was the biggest problem, but now my best is 14 castles.

My advise: try again, try again, try again, try agan etc.....

In my opinion the most import thing is to collect the master of trolls with the first
ball in the first multiball madness, everything else makes no sense, without multiball
madness the trolls are so hard to collect, i stop every game if i don't make the master
of trolls early.

Farsight, please fix the troll bomb bug, then i will kick the king out of my kingdom !!

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Flipper gap is most definitely present on the PS3. It looks about a mile wide when viewing the close view. :p
Or at least it feels that way.

I can't wait for the fix on this. It will make it much easier like the WPHOF collection. I can complete the wizard goals on that version.

Fritti

Jul 27, 2012
Thank you for this very helpful advice! I got & won my first Battle for the Kingdom today! Yay! I used a lot of luck, as I hit the last troll bomb target for my second bomb on the way in to destroy Payne's castle... Now to get good at the catapult shot so that I can nail the Barnyard wizard goal...

Anyway most useful to me was the dead-pass left to right flipper after a kickout from the moat; I used to hold the left flipper and I agree about the frustrating 1-in-3 drains through the outlane. This is much safer and makes it so much easier to get Castle Crusher.

I don't mind the flipper gap at all (EU PS3) by the way, I feel like a lot of center drains are simply my fault for not nudging. If you can't nudge (hello android / ios) I agree it is frustrating though.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks! ;-)

The-Noid

Oct 18, 2012
I am privileged to own an actual MM.

I bought Pinball Arcade as I had a long trip and I thought it would be fun to compare real pins vs. Pinball Arcade.

MM plays much harder on iPad than in real life. Ramp shots are much more crisp on the real game and the ability to stall the ball much higher. I also have much more outlane drains on my MM (outlanes set to standard) compared to SDTM.

Many balls in the same spot on the cabinet will end up SDTM on the iPad.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The flipper gap and inability to easily nudge make it tough. But you really think it is tougher than the real deal? I still do much better on my iPad.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
By the way Noid, welcome to the forum. I've just read a few of your posts, if you don't mind me asking, how many real pins do you own?

The-Noid

Oct 18, 2012
By the way Noid, welcome to the forum. I've just read a few of your posts, if you don't mind me asking, how many real pins do you own?

Currently I own The Addams Family, Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights, No Good Gofers, X-Men LE, AC/DC LE, Tron LE, Indiana Jones WMS, Jurassic Park, Monster Bash, Mousin Around and Elvira and The Party Monsters. My parents also have Theatre of Magic as they would never let me sell it and bought it from me.

I have owned pretty much every A-List title over the years but have mainly spent the last four years trading up into better quality games.

IDK maybe I am just terrible at the iPad but with the exception of ToTAN and ToM my scores remain firmly higher in real life.

I am glad the Pinball Arcade is bringing people back into pinball but some work needs to be done to make the tables play a bit more real.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That is one super collection. I look forward to the insight you have to share as an owner of so many classic tables. I'll be curious to see what tables you would like to see on TPA.

To keep on topic, let's not say you are bad at the iPad version, instead we should say that you are great at the real life pin.

For me, I can't get battle for the kingdom nor video mode goals completed. That goes for real life and TPA.

The-Noid

Oct 18, 2012
That is one super collection. I look forward to the insight you have to share as an owner of so many classic tables. I'll be curious to see what tables you would like to see on TPA.

To keep on topic, let's not say you are bad at the iPad version, instead we should say that you are great at the real life pin.

For me, I can't get battle for the kingdom nor video mode goals completed. That goes for real life and TPA.

According to the Audit menu, Battle for the Kingdom is 2% on my machine. 1 and 50 seems about right.

It would be interesting to see global stats for TPA.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
IDK maybe I am just terrible at the iPad but with the exception of ToTAN and ToM my scores remain firmly higher in real life.
I think you're the exception to the rule. I have access to 10 of the 16 currently released tables on TPA in their physical forms, and my scores are about ten times higher on the 360 versions than in real life. With iPad the difference is less due to inferior nudging controls, but it's still double or triple what I can manage on real tables.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Currently I own The Addams Family, Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights, No Good Gofers, X-Men LE, AC/DC LE, Tron LE, Indiana Jones WMS, Jurassic Park, Monster Bash, Mousin Around and Elvira and The Party Monsters. My parents also have Theatre of Magic as they would never let me sell it and bought it from me.

Wow, amazing collection. Would love to see photos of your games room.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Welcome to the fold, The_Noid. I, too, am interested in getting a peek at your tables. Quite a collection. What's your impression of the Stern tables you own? Are they well constructed and do they make you want to play them over and over as much as your older games?

N

Nik Barbour

I think you're the exception to the rule. I have access to 10 of the 16 currently released tables on TPA in their physical forms, and my scores are about ten times higher on the 360 versions than in real life. With iPad the difference is less due to inferior nudging controls, but it's still double or triple what I can manage on real tables.

Same here - got some time on some real tables recently that appear in TPA (BK, CFTBL, TOTAN, NGG, TOM, FH, BOP), and I could score about 5 times higher on TPA, than on the real machines.
I was kind of expecting this though after reading other posts, and your blog.

Played a couple of Stern's too (Family Guy , Transformers) - and was really impressed by the quality feel of the table, flippers, and toys. It was just the artwork appears a bit photoshopy sometimes, was the only let down. Really nice to play though.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
That is a really impressive collection The-Noid. I am so envious that I'm about to burst. I think the reason you have better rounds on the real table is simple. You have access to them and can play them as much as you'd like and therefor your verdict is probably better suited than mine. I too find that I am struggling much more on a real table than PA but since I only play a real one once in a while I am really not as qualified to judge. Anyway, if Farsight had a year between every table I am sure it would play even more like the real thing but I think they do a pretty good job quantity considered. The upside is that they can always fine tune their games later with great advice from experienced players like yourself, giving them sound advice. I hope you stay around. Your input is very much appreciated

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Damn that's a nice collection.

For me, I'd be lucky to get MM and STTNG (the two tables I must have). Both are fairly unlikely - MM just plain old costs way too much, can't remember what I've been told about STTNG.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Feels good, I finally made the King of Pain my b1tch and completed all the wizard goals on Medieval Madness. :D

I've been getting to Battle for the Kingdom a lot recently, but never having enough troll bombs. Today's effort saw me get to the Kingdom battle on ball 1 with 3 extra balls and a score just under 300,000,000. Sadly I had 0 troll bombs and bricked it completely.

I still don't fully understand how to use the troll targets to get the bombs - do you have to hit the same target or can you hit either target? Also is it pot luck whether Merlin gives you them or can you do something to guarantee them?

Anyway, on I carried and managed get all the way round again to BftK. This time I had 2 troll bombs and felt good. I was battering the gate during multi ball thinking this was it, when a lame mistake cost me 3 of the 4 balls. With the countdown timer at 10 seconds I was in heart attack alley again.

I managed a lucky but lame shot with barely enough power to creep up the table and hit the open castle door with 1 second just disappearing off the clock!!!!! Finally!!! Nice little end sequence too.:cool:

Managed to go round again and defeat KOP but bricked before reaching another kingdom.

Final score just under 900,000,000 kinda gutted not to break the billion mark and get a top 10 Xbox all time score.

Maybe I can now move onto Ripley's.............. MM is such a good table though. Hope to one day play the real thing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.