Metallica: The Expected and the Unexpected

I just came back from the local skating rink playing the Metallica pinball machine. Turned out that I had a blast, and some air balls. Games were 50 cents per play, and man, this one was good. Got a replay on some games, and even got a few decent scores; the highest I achieved was ~54,000,000. The minimum high score was 55,000,000 (d'oh!), but yeah.

There was one major gripe that I really didn't like: The freaking GAME CODE WASN'T UPDATED. In fact, I believe the version went all the way back to initial release (1.0)! This basically made my score invalid because the tournaments play on updated code all the time. Thus, I missed out on all the other animations and extra scoring opportunities (Frustratingly enough, the picks during Multiball don't equate to an Add-a-Ball at the Snake! As well as 2-ball Grave and Snake Multiballs, Lady Justice not being worth much, and freaking 50 items before Crank It Up.) Other minor gripes included the in-line drops dropping when the ball didn't hit them and not enough information on items. Again, freaking code.

I'll have to get the owners (not at the rink) to update the code...and it turns out they're the same company that took away my Simpsons Pinball Party from the bowling alley :(

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
My cousin's fiance has a Metallica at his bar, I really need to get there and clock some hours on it. Motorcycle season is coming to a close so it's getting to be time

Members online

Members online